"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Lasher's Stuff

Reply to topic
Lasher
Title: an horse
PostPosted: Feb 27 2012 08:55 am Reply with quote Back to top

Part of a project for school is a spacey pic with a spaceship. I turned it into something "Super". Hope you like it.

Full Size URL: http://i.imgur.com/WoVCQ.jpg

I am studying animation so, along with some simple photoshop stuff like this,
I will also be posting some of the Flash cartoons I make further down the track
as well as 3DS Max things. Stay tuned - and helpful critique is welcome.

get your ass to mars

Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
Title: 2011 Picnic/Death Champ
PostPosted: Feb 27 2012 12:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

What was the original art you had to work with? I'd like to see the progression from what you started with to the final project.

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Feb 27 2012 01:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Klimbatize wrote:
What was the original art you had to work with? I'd like to see the progression from what you started with to the final project.

same here

either way, i like the pic you ended up with

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

aika
Title: Narcissist
PostPosted: Feb 27 2012 02:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Dittooo.

Tho I came into this expecting to see some stuff for sale :\

天上天下唯我独尊

@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Feb 27 2012 02:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Nice. I am looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Probable Muppet
PostPosted: Feb 27 2012 02:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Nice, I do the same kind of stuff, what are you going to school for?

Also, I have kinda a trick that I use to make quick and easy planets, I had to make a bunch for a game. It looks procedural but makes for a good base to work off of, it does a good job of faking topographical mapping effects.

Edit: made a quick example; like I said, it just makes for a base to work off of, but it only takes about 5 minutes:

Lasher
PostPosted: Mar 07 2012 10:50 am Reply with quote Back to top

Well thanks for taking the time to comment guys!. Allow me to to now reveal how it went. In class the lady said "Make a space scene". I did this:

I literally painted it and toyed with random effects and the Spherize function. Looked at a few tutorials on 'space' online and pretty much ignored them. Then I spent more time on it and came up with the image I posted previosly. For some reason the Superman theme was in my head as I made the planets so I made the ominous deathstar looking thing, but I was actually thinking about Brainiac - not Star Wars. I felt compelled to give the image some form of hope and added the red/blue blur. Presto.

But I wanted realism. I checked out a few more tutorials and ended up with this:

I liked it, and actually did another that progressed on it but fucking lost it! I did it on a netbook and there is some retarded glitch that doesn't let you save on a resolution under 1024x768 in Photoshop CS5! My res was 1024x600 - so i get the brilliant idea to plug the netbook into the tv as an external monitor and Photoshop crashed! I spent the whole fucking Sunday doing it! FUCKING WASTED!

So I went to bed shitty, watched the Walking Dead, and on Monday started again on the version I finally handed in for Tuesday when it was due. This was the final product:

I ditched the Superman thing. I was trying to have it be it's own entity. Like, the poster o some random movie that was never made. I spent ages on the lighting effect, trying to get it to look right. I'm pretty happy with it - but am forever seeing ways it should improve. I'm over it now though. Done, dusted - NEXT!

get your ass to mars

Lasher
PostPosted: Mar 07 2012 11:03 am Reply with quote Back to top

Just to add.. This was done with two photo's of bricks and of some broken motherboard for a DVD player or some such shit I found around the house. The planet with the rings around it in version three is actually my mrs' eye

@Probable Muppet - I see exactly what you're saying. I can poop out planets in about 3minutes too now. I am actually studying animation, there's just a design class focussed on Photoshop. I'm loving it! Wait till I start posting movies! Do you use 3DS Max at all as well?

get your ass to mars

Lasher
PostPosted: Mar 07 2012 11:06 am Reply with quote Back to top

aika wrote:
Dittooo.

Mate, I'm a total noob at this. I'll sell stuff when I think it's good though hey? I just assumed this part of the forum was for this type of thing.

But if money can be made...

Naked pictures of my bum are $50. I have some noodles in the cupboard going for $2.50 each plus postage - which is from Australia - so like, $47.50. I am also willing to learn ballet for the entertainment of others but it will cost $10 per every three minutes viewing time where I dance via webcam or YouTube, plus $40 for wearing a tutu in each occasion. Prices are not negotiable. The tutu is negotiable - it can be traded for a Princess Leia gold bikini or blue Dr. Manhatten costume. Closeups of genitalia also incur an added fee of $50. Blow jobs are $10. Paypal only -Unless you offer drugs, then blowjobs and all other prices are negotiable.

get your ass to mars

Probable Muppet
PostPosted: Mar 07 2012 08:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Lasher wrote:
aika wrote:
Dittooo.

Mate, I'm a total noob at this. I'll sell stuff when I think it's good though hey? I just assumed this part of the forum was for this type of thing.

But if money can be made...

Naked pictures of my bum are $50. I have some noodles in the cupboard going for $2.50 each plus postage - which is from Australia - so like, $47.50. I am also willing to learn ballet for the entertainment of others but it will cost $10 per every three minutes viewing time where I dance via webcam or YouTube, plus $40 for wearing a tutu in each occasion. Prices are not negotiable. The tutu is negotiable - it can be traded for a Princess Leia gold bikini or blue Dr. Manhatten costume. Closeups of genitalia also incur an added fee of $50. Blow jobs are $10. Paypal only -Unless you offer drugs, then blowjobs and all other prices are negotiable.

Dammit new guy, You are under cutting all my prices. Are those prices in US dollars?!

Yeah I use Max/Zbrush Primarily, and of course Photoshop. Also Nuke/Katana, After Effects for a job I am doing in 3D stereoscoping, I am still a newb at that though.
Lasher
PostPosted: Mar 20 2012 07:50 am Reply with quote Back to top

So I've also had these little characters and the idea to have them in a comic strip...

So I figure 'Why not make a cartoon?'. Here is a quick little snippet I came up for one of the characters...

Short, I know, but in time.

get your ass to mars

aeonic
Title: Sporadic Poster
PostPosted: Mar 20 2012 09:38 am Reply with quote Back to top

I can see those selling on t-shirts in Hot Topic at some point. I mean this as a compliment, by the way.

Who likes role-playing games? Me. Way too goddamn much.

Lasher
PostPosted: Mar 20 2012 10:03 am Reply with quote Back to top

I for some reason imagine little plush voodoo dolls chained to luncbox's.

get your ass to mars

Lasher
PostPosted: Apr 19 2012 05:16 am Reply with quote Back to top

My Comic Book

get your ass to mars

@om*d
PostPosted: Apr 19 2012 08:48 am Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting concept. Are you going to be doing an entire comic book, or just the cover?

Lasher
PostPosted: Apr 19 2012 09:17 am Reply with quote Back to top

All of it.. My brain is bursting with ideas for it. Very Happy I'm very excited!

get your ass to mars

@om*d
PostPosted: Apr 19 2012 10:46 am Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome! Hopefully you will post some of it when you complete your first comic.

Sehkmaenzo
PostPosted: Apr 19 2012 11:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yay comics! Please do post them here! Very Happy
Lasher
PostPosted: Jun 26 2012 08:14 am Reply with quote Back to top

get your ass to mars

Reply to topic

Jump to: