"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Playing a Lizardman in Pathfinder?

Reply to topic
Skinr
Title: Minituae Guru
PostPosted: May 03 2012 06:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, I've been getting into Pathfinder with some friends, starting with the Beginner Box (which I wholeheartedly recommend, by the way, if you're new to RPGs). I almost always DM, but I think it's a good idea to have one or two of my own characters made in case I want to play as a player.

Anyway, once we get a proper campaign going, I'm thinking about playing a character who is one of the Lizardfolk. I figure that since they are roughly human-sized, intelligent and usually of a neutral alignment, this could work okay using the d20 SRD rules for Monsters as Races. Even better, there's a nice Lizardfolk miniature on Paizo's website, for a great price.

Has anyone done this before? Will I need to do any balancing, or will it work okay on its own?

(BTW, the class I'll probably take will be either Rogue or Sorcerer.)

nihilisticglee
PostPosted: May 03 2012 07:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

it is 3rd party, but: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/3rd-party-races/paizo-fans-united/lizardfolk

but yeah, using the monsters as PC rules would work too. Will have to do the math for stats though. As long as they don't come out looking like the Drow Noble, they should be okay.
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: May 03 2012 07:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Beginner Box forgo Attacks of Opportunity?

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Skinr
Title: Minituae Guru
PostPosted: May 04 2012 06:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I have no idea what you're talking about, so I think it's safe to say the answer is yes.

Reply to topic

Jump to: