[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
100 Best Action Figures of All Time

Reply to topic
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Feb 22 2012 04:56 am Reply with quote Back to top

http://underscoopfire.com/?p=3275

How many of these did you guys have?

I had: Roton from the Metal Men Astronauts, 1995 Punisher, several M.U.S.C.L.E. figures, only the regular version of Outback, Matt Trakker and his flying car, Captain Power, Battle Beasts, '85 Flint, Hordak, Grimlock (my first figure ever), and Skeletor.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Feb 22 2012 10:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

I have so many of those action figures it is crazy... probably at least 80 percent of that list if not more. I guess I was lucky because I got hand me downs of all the awesome stuff from the 70's and early 80's. I got most of the stuff from 84 onwards myself and continued collecting through most of the 90's up to this day.

I would never be able to make a list like that, however. There are just too many action figures I like, I would never be able to choose.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Feb 22 2012 11:52 am Reply with quote Back to top

List sucks for not including pictures of every single toy.

"We couldn't be bothered to go on eBay and find a picture of this toy, but take our word for it, it was cool."
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
@om*d
PostPosted: Feb 22 2012 11:57 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
List sucks for not including pictures of every single toy.

I agree completely. Also, this list could have had so much more. I wouldn't even know where to begin.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Feb 22 2012 12:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Grimlock shouldn't be so high. Or really, on the list at all. The Dinobots were notoriously shoddy pieces of shit that sold on gimmick alone. The hinges that held them together were cheap as fuck and would invariably break after prolonged use.

I didn't see Destro on the list at all, which is bullshit considering he was awesome. But there was room for THREE Snake Eyes figures. What in the fuck? I realize that Snake Eyes was cool in an "OMG! We're American kids and we have never seen ninjas before!" kinda way in the pre-Turtles era, but in terms of design, he sucks. Oh boy, an all-black figure with a sword. Well suck my cock and call me Charlie, that's just *so* damn exciting.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
@om*d
PostPosted: Feb 22 2012 12:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, there was too much Snake Eyes and Destro definitely deserves a spot on that list. Also, out of all the 80's TMNT action figures, they chose Casey Jones? There were tons of way more awesome figures than him.

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Feb 22 2012 09:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
I didn't see Destro on the list at all, which is bullshit considering he was awesome.

"72. Destro v.2 (1988 Hasbro G.I. Joe ARAH) Very underrated version of Destro from the classic days, I prefer the more detailed, larger, and much more interesting Destro from 1988, plus he came with his bad ass Despoiler vehicle and a cloth cape. Very cool."

A picture: Image

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

justdrop
Title: Supreme Overlord
PostPosted: Feb 22 2012 09:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

@om*d wrote:
Yeah, there was too much Snake Eyes and Destro definitely deserves a spot on that list. Also, out of all the 80's TMNT action figures, they chose Casey Jones? There were tons of way more awesome figures than him.

Would it be going too far to admit I liked the Foot Soldiers better than Casey? As a child, I did Embarrassed

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."- Winston Churchill

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Feb 22 2012 10:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well that's good that Destro did in fact make the list. Again, it was hard to read without pictures.
Beach Bum
PostPosted: Feb 22 2012 11:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

@om*d wrote:

I had the Casey Jones toy, actually the only one on that whole list I owned, but I agree the TMNT line had much better ones than him. I had most of the turtles from that line and a few others. Though I still think my favorite was a Raphael I got later that you could stick his head down in his shell and pop it back out. The Turtles stuff was really the only name brand stuff I ever owned as a kid though so I don't have much to compare them to.
LeshLush
PostPosted: Feb 27 2012 01:31 am Reply with quote Back to top

I find the absence of Stretch Armstrong appalling.

Also, I don't know if anyone else ever played with them, but I was a huge fan of Zap Power Force as a child. Linked for your convenience and edification.

http://figure-archive.net/toyline.aspx?toylineID=2376
sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Feb 27 2012 05:20 am Reply with quote Back to top

Casey Jones is also the only one I owned on the list.

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

Water Hamster
PostPosted: Mar 24 2012 05:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

best toy no question
[/img]Image
aeonic
Title: Sporadic Poster
PostPosted: Mar 24 2012 08:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Feh, Man-E-Faces was far inferior to Mosquitor or even Stinkor. Yes, Man-E-Faces was worse than a patchouli scented bipedal skunk. Deal with it.

Who likes role-playing games? Me. Way too goddamn much.

IceWarm
PostPosted: Apr 18 2012 12:40 am Reply with quote Back to top

I had/have a good amount of those. Solid Snake is one of my favorites. The MGS line from McFarlane was awesome. Vulcan Raven figure was massive.

"Anybody who ever built an empire, or changed the world, sat where you are now. And it’s because they sat there that they were able to do it."

"Fighting in a basement offers a lot of difficulties, number one being, you're fighting in a basement."

"You're Not So Tough Without Your Veggie!"

Reply to topic

Jump to: