"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Photography Thread

Reply to topic
i'll_bite_your_ear
Title: Distillatoria
PostPosted: Apr 08 2012 05:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm a little into making photos and i would like to know what you guys think about them.
I think they are alright, i try to get inspired of the dark site of reality most of the time, like David Lynch. Not that i wanna compare any of this crap with the work of him. I use my Cellphone to make them, so don't expect too much.

"Is it him?"

I made it today at my grandmothers house at the attic, celebrating easter time.

"Hospital Entrance"

This one i took at a hospital, where i visited my ex. One of the first photos that i made with the intention to make, you know, art or something.

"Birdhouse"

An empty bird cage that was standing i the shed of my grandmothers house. I also took it today.

"Vertigo Down"

The stairs that lead up to the attic of my grandmothers house. I took it, you guessed it, today.

"Machine?"

An oxygen bottle at a hospital.

"It's Only Paranoia"

It took this at my house. The idea came spontaniously. I was inspired by Rene Magrit the surrealist.

"Bacteria"

I took it at my ex's house. I... don't even wanna explain what this is.

"The Hanging"

Again, at the attic of my grandmother. Took it today.

"Self Portrait"

A selfshot. Made it a couple of months ago.

Most of them are garbage. Anyways, i would like to hear your oppinion.

it was the best of times
it was the blurst of times

Preng
Title: All right, that's cool!
PostPosted: Apr 08 2012 07:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I liked "Vertigo Down" and "It's Only Paranoia." Keep sharing as you take more photos in the future.

In a dead thread, I had posted some landscape photos from a vacation in Cozumel, Mexico. You can check them out here, if you like, and the thread has some other creative photos from other forumers.
Etch
Title: Intermittent Scribbler
PostPosted: Apr 13 2012 11:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I like the "Hospital Entrance" and the "Birdhouse" one; it's a cool angle, but I think it would look better with an empty cage.

I like the ambient light in the attic and if it were cleared out might make a cool portrait area, maybe with a smaller aperture to make it a little darker/ make the light "glow". Too dark and you might need a reflector for some frontal lighting on the person. [/thinking out loud]

You also look a lot like my brother...it's creepy how close it is; everything except the eyes. Confused

It is a waste of politeness to be courteous to the devil ~ William L. Garrison

i'll_bite_your_ear
Title: Distillatoria
PostPosted: Apr 15 2012 06:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, thank you! I also like the "Hospital Entrance" and the "Birdhouse" picture the most. See, i only make them with my cellphone at the moment. Maybe i will buy me some better equipment when i get a little deeper into it. Well see.

I look like your brother? I don't think so. The pictures don't show me much the way i look in real life.

it was the best of times
it was the blurst of times

Reply to topic

Jump to: