[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
The AL East

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: May 29 2007 01:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Unless you're a Red Sox fan, the AL East leader board sucks to look at.

Luckily, I am a Red Sox fan.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
S. McCracken
Title: Enforcer
PostPosted: May 29 2007 01:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well, with the Rocket coming back, teh Yankees are guaranteed to gain...absolutely nothing.

Way to pick up a geritaric asshole who should've stuck with pitching to the rest of the old folks in the NL, New York. Have fun at the bottom. GO SOX!

Cattivo
PostPosted: May 29 2007 01:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Just be thankful you're winning your division, and that you're not in the AL Central. It must suck to be the Royals, having to face the White Sox, Tigers, Indians, and Twins all the time.

It's a pain that right after we won the 2005 title, almost everyone else in the division got incredibly better. How I long for those halcyon days when the Tigers sucked.
S. McCracken
Title: Enforcer
PostPosted: May 29 2007 03:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cattivo wrote:
Just be thankful you're winning your division, and that you're not in the AL Central. It must suck to be the Royals, having to face the White Sox, Tigers, Indians, and Twins all the time.

It's a pain that right after we won the 2005 title, almost everyone else in the division got incredibly better. How I long for those halcyon days when the Tigers sucked.

The big rumor I hear is that your Sox are shopping Buerhle and Dye around. Yikes.

SoulShadower
PostPosted: May 30 2007 12:44 am Reply with quote Back to top

Let's give it up for Mike Lowell and Kevin Youkilis picking up the slack for Ortiz's/Ramirez's pedestrian numbers. I can only hope that the Red Sox beat the Yankees by a Devil Rays wide margin.

Cattivo
PostPosted: May 31 2007 01:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Experts Predict Man Who Plays Once Every Five Games Probably Won't Save Team

NEW YORK—Several leading baseball experts sent shockwaves throughout the sport Monday, making the bold—and some say outlandish—prediction that Roger Clemens, a 44-year-old man who will appear in a maximum of 130 of the 1,100 innings remaining in the Yankees' season, may not in fact be able to single-handedly vault his sub-.500 team into first place. "I am going to go out on a limb and say that this player who will perform in approximately 20 games for the rest of the year will, at the absolute most, have a positive impact on roughly 20 games," said ESPN's Rob Neyer, turning the sports world on its head. "Of course, there is always the possibility that several other Yankee pitchers and position players may begin improving in a manner coinciding with Roger Clemens' return, allowing the team to perform at a higher caliber on a daily basis and give the illusion that a man who plays once a week has saved the team. This would simply be happenstance." Some experts, however, disagree with Neyer's analysis, as New York Post columnist Joel Sherman recently claimed that Clemens will "win 30 games, mold [rookie starter] Tyler Clippard into a young Roger Clemens within a week, bat over .300 with 20-plus home runs, and make everything all better."
Chrisby
PostPosted: May 31 2007 09:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

At least we're not scared of Lite-Brite.
Reply to topic

Jump to: