SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Hero Quest

Reply to topic
Poll :: First thoughts when you see the Hero Quest game? (Picture Below)

Memories of awesomeness
75%
 75%  [ 12 ]
Remember it, but never had interest
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
No clue what it is
18%
 18%  [ 3 ]
Hated it because no one would play with me
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 16

GPFontaine
PostPosted: Feb 24 2012 11:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

Every once in a while it is interesting to see how things are trending here with the forum population.

Pandajuice
Title: The Power of Grayskull
PostPosted: Feb 24 2012 11:39 am Reply with quote Back to top

One of the best board games of all time. I still love my uncle for buying me the game for my 12th birthday.
@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Feb 24 2012 11:58 am Reply with quote Back to top

Holy shit, I used to love playing this game with my friends years ago. Ah, memories. Definitely one of my favorite games as a kid.

Rogue Hippo
Title: Lone Wolf Hippo
PostPosted: Feb 24 2012 02:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sweet game! My brother and I got it as kids and my mom was the DM (I forget what the wizards name was???). Mom always got pissed that our characters were so much stronger than her monsters. She played to win! We also had 2 or 3 expansions which are pretty rare these days but everything got destroyed because we were stupid kids.

A friend of mine has a working copy and we played through it a few years ago and we had a blast. It's still a great game!
Methid Man
Title: Spawn of Billy Mays
PostPosted: Feb 24 2012 02:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think I heard of this game...(either that I don't remember it) How did it play?
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Sehkmaenzo
PostPosted: Feb 24 2012 04:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I had this as a kid. I still can't believe they made a translated version in Portuguese, our choices for board games haven't been all that great (Hell, still aren't. I make do with imported card games). We didn't get any of the expansions, though Sad
UsaSatsui
Title: The White Rabbit
PostPosted: Feb 24 2012 04:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

There's a freeware PC version of the game out there. It's kind of cool.
Fernin
Title: Comic Author
PostPosted: Feb 24 2012 08:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Loved this game as a kid, still have it (or at least, about 75% of it) in my old games closet. I only just recently found out that there was gonna be a Hero Quest game on the NES, but it was never released. It did get to a completed prototype stage, at least, and it's fully playable, with 1 or 2 player support, even. It's a lot like the PC version the rabbit mentioned, from what I remember of it.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Feb 24 2012 09:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Loved this. Wish I still I had it. A good condition, complete copy of the game is worth a decent amount of money.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Feb 25 2012 04:53 am Reply with quote Back to top

My housemate has that as well as Weapons & Warriors and DragonStrike (which came with a VHS; Spoony even did a review of it). Most of their pieces are missing though.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Feb 25 2012 09:31 am Reply with quote Back to top

I also had Battle Matters, which would have been cool if I had had a game room where I could have left it permanently set up. Disassembling everything to fit back in the box after playing (and subsequently reassembling everything) was such a pain in the ass that we probably only played it like five times.
Pandajuice
PostPosted: Feb 25 2012 01:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Battle Masters was awesome too but yeah, you needed a huge room to play it in.

Methid Man : Hero Quest was basically a dumbed down version of AD&D but it used a board and plastic pieces of furniture instead of relying on player's imaginations to provide the setting. There were 4 different heroes for the players to play and the dungeon master controlled all the monster pieces.
GPFontaine
PostPosted: Feb 25 2012 06:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Pandajuice wrote:
Methid Man : Hero Quest was basically a dumbed down version of AD&D but it used a board and plastic pieces of furniture instead of relying on player's imaginations to provide the setting. There were 4 different heroes for the players to play and the dungeon master controlled all the monster pieces.

You say it like it is a negative. D&D is incredibly complicated and time consuming. This game was a beautiful way to enjoy a shorter campaign and it allowed for a younger crowd to enjoy a fantasy style adventure.

aeonic
Title: Sporadic Poster
PostPosted: Feb 26 2012 05:57 am Reply with quote Back to top

I played Hero Quest at a kid's birthday party where I was like the only person to show up. It was the day that Kurt Cobain killed himself. So now the two are sort of indelibly linked in my mind.

Who likes role-playing games? Me. Way too goddamn much.

Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: Feb 27 2012 05:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I like how the poll doesn't give you the option and having played the game and just not enjoyed it. Granted I love the game and bought some dice for use in MTG games (Dice with 50% of the sides as skulls are very convenient), but still a leading question.

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

Pandajuice
PostPosted: Feb 28 2012 05:12 am Reply with quote Back to top

GPFontaine wrote:
Pandajuice wrote:

You say it like it is a negative. D&D is incredibly complicated and time consuming. This game was a beautiful way to enjoy a shorter campaign and it allowed for a younger crowd to enjoy a fantasy style adventure.

No no, I agree that it is a good thing. That was just the phrase that popped to mind.
GPFontaine
PostPosted: Feb 28 2012 01:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Dr. Jeebus wrote:
I like how the poll doesn't give you the option and having played the game and just not enjoyed it. Granted I love the game and bought some dice for use in MTG games (Dice with 50% of the sides as skulls are very convenient), but still a leading question.

Please... like anyone could ever play it and dislike it.

i'll_bite_your_ear
Title: Distillatoria
PostPosted: Mar 23 2012 06:47 am Reply with quote Back to top

Fuck yeah! Thanks for reminding me of this awesome game.

it was the best of times
it was the blurst of times

Reply to topic

Jump to: