[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Alexz Johnson

Reply to topic
sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Jul 03 2011 06:32 am Reply with quote Back to top

You know what would be funny? When you go to interview her, shake her hand and have a bottle of chloroform "accidently" fall out of your coat pocket.

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

GPFontaine
PostPosted: Jul 03 2011 01:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

sidewaydriver wrote:
You know what would be funny? When you go to interview her, shake her hand and have a bottle of chloroform "accidently" fall out of your coat pocket.

Thank goodness you meow now. It actually makes you much less horrible of a person. Kefka!

Ghandi
Title: Alexz Aficionado
PostPosted: Jul 05 2011 09:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm gonna ignore some of that above Razz

Anyway, heard back from her manager. Interview is secured, just got to wait until it gets closer to the time I want to interview her to iron out the details. Smile

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

Captain_Pollution
Title: Hugh
PostPosted: Jul 05 2011 10:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Holy crap. Wow, Ghandi, that's awesome.

<Drew_Linky> Well, I've eaten vegetables all of once in my life.

Ghandi
PostPosted: Jul 06 2011 02:05 am Reply with quote Back to top

Random, but related.

Alexz's manager is Stephen Stohn.

He's the creator of Degrassi, with his wife Linda. I believe Orange Lounge Recordings, an indie label Alexz is currently signed to, also falls under things he's CEO of. This past year he was inducted into the Canadian Hall of Fame for his work in Entertainment.

I met him for the first time on my trip to Toronto and toured the Degrassi sets. Sadly, a year too late to happen-chance of meeting Nina Dobrev Sad The main cast member I'd want to meet.

Anyway, he knew exactly why I was up there, and while the tour was nice, I'm pretty one-minded when it comes to Alexz Razz He's a cool guy though. Nice and everything. She's has a great manager.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

Ghandi
PostPosted: Aug 11 2011 01:21 am Reply with quote Back to top

Minor update:

Saw Alexz and jimmy Robbins(assumed boyfriend) at a BMI songwriter's showcase in Nashville. I'm still in Nashville. I met her again with another fan. Got another hug and some conversation with her. Still cute as ever Smile

I'll be interviewing her again this coming Monday.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

Ghandi
PostPosted: Aug 15 2011 10:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It's thanks to you guys I posted this new interview this way. The IRCers who got the audio when I spent the time transcribing it because I didn't like the sound of my voice. So thanks Very Happy The feedback for this one has been pretty amazing so far.

I interviewed Alexz at 4pm EST today. She told me she only had 20 minutes. Which isn't a lot of time. That's basically the cut off point before the interview starts. I aimed to start it where it actually started and end it as soon as possible from where she completely her thought and took a breath allowing me a pause to cut the track Smile

So, this is my 2nd Skype interview with Alexz Johnson. If you want to hear what Ghandi sounds like and weren't in the chat the night I revealed it in the first interview, as well as hear a really great, talented, and genuine girl explain what drives and inspires her, then click the link below:

http://www.alexz.net/?p=2816

Smile

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

Ghandi
PostPosted: Jan 27 2012 02:16 am Reply with quote Back to top

This is a vanity bump, but not in this particular post.

On Jan. 24th Alexz launched a Kickstarter campaign in hopes of touring the US. She had a $30,000 goal which she set to the max allowed time of 60 days. She was clearly being conservative and did not know what to expect.

As if I don't plug my own site enough in this thread :p She REACHED that goal, to my own time, of 15 hours and 10 minutes on her launch day:
http://www.alexz.net/?p=3450

She figured out she could tour outside the US if she reached $50,000. Since her Kickstarter was launched at 6:09am, this time still lands within her Day 3. She achieved that. Here is that post:
http://www.alexz.net/?p=3471

I really am proud ot be a fan of hers and have been able to speak with her on numerous ocassions, including an interview with her on Superbowl Sunday. She is worth supporting.

$50,000 raised in less than 3 days. Incredible.

I won't overplan my summer at this board with games and tourneys, I'll be on the road seeing her live Smile

EDIT: I forgot the most obvious link. This is her Kickstarter page, currently in progress: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/525963075/alexz-johnson-tour-2012

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

Ghandi
PostPosted: Feb 07 2012 05:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Just plugging my new interview with Alexz again. It took place on Superbowl Sunday: http://www.alexz.net/?p=3501

Those in the "What's your V+?" thread can hear my voice in this and other interviews I've done with her. It's 35 minutes long, but as Einstein says, when you're talking with a pretty girl time goes by too fast...

I have also acquired another Alexz fan site. Those in IRC heard me talk about it from time to time. So I have my site, which I built to a pretty good authority over time, the FORMER former major Alexz site, and now I have, really, the only site that was any competition in the English Google. She still has popular fan sites in Italy, Germany, and France... but now I pretty much have a dead lock on the US Smile

So, anyway, listen to my interview and understand why I hate hearing my voice back: http://www.alexz.net/?p=3501

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

Reply to topic

Jump to: