[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Is this a good Magic deck?

Reply to topic
sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Dec 21 2011 02:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

I have an all Hitler deck. Do I need more Hitlers?

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

Boonjovi
Title: Electric Sex Pants
PostPosted: Jan 08 2012 02:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

That... That is just brilliant. Joesph Stalin could beat him though.

20,000,000/1

"If you try to fix violence, with more violence, all you do is create violence" - Tom DeLonge.

@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Jan 08 2012 03:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I hope no one plays a deck full of communists, jews and gypsies against you.

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Jan 08 2012 04:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

@om*d wrote:
I hope no one plays a deck full of communists, jews and gypsies against you.

1/3rd there.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

DatsRight
PostPosted: Jan 29 2012 11:28 am Reply with quote Back to top

I HATED 3 mana costing 1/1's... I can't think of many cards (back in the day, haven't played in forever) that really warranted the extra 2 mana just for 1/1. I understood making them weak attackers, but but with only 1 health, ANYTHING, even a strong breeze, could kill them, and so many other cards were so powerful with a 3 mana cost...
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jan 29 2012 11:30 am Reply with quote Back to top

This is the sort of creature that should cost 3 mana:

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
UsaSatsui
Title: The White Rabbit
PostPosted: Jan 29 2012 04:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

DatsRight wrote:
I HATED 3 mana costing 1/1's... I can't think of many cards (back in the day, haven't played in forever) that really warranted the extra 2 mana just for 1/1. I understood making them weak attackers, but but with only 1 health, ANYTHING, even a strong breeze, could kill them, and so many other cards were so powerful with a 3 mana cost...

Timmah!
DatsRight
PostPosted: Jan 31 2012 10:18 am Reply with quote Back to top

That WAS a good card, I only ever had 2 of them, but leading up to the 4th edition there were many underpriced overpowered cards
UsaSatsui
PostPosted: Jan 31 2012 12:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

You know, I just realized...Hitler wouldn't be black, he would be white.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jan 31 2012 12:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Except he doesn't fit WOTC's color identity for white.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
UsaSatsui
PostPosted: Jan 31 2012 04:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yes he does. Fascism has even been explicitly listed as one of the negative traits of white by MaRo. If you look beyond "White is good and Black is evil", you can absolutely see the Nazis as white-aligned villains.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jan 31 2012 04:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I was gonna say white doesn't get non-conditional creature removal as an activated ability, but I guess this is conditional.

Also, the way that card is worded, Hitler doesn't actually have a tap ability, he has a triggered ability that activates if he becomes tapped.
@om*d
PostPosted: Jan 31 2012 04:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I think Hitler should be a red, white and black card to match the Nazi colors. I can also justify my opinion by saying that red = burning of people in concentration camps and the blitzkrieg, white = purity of the Aryan race and black for the use of gas(chambers), medical experiments and inherent evil.

UsaSatsui
PostPosted: Jan 31 2012 06:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
I was gonna say white doesn't get non-conditional creature removal as an activated ability, but I guess this is conditional.

I would think a Hitler card would be mass removal. White does get that.
Black Zarak
Title: Big Coffin Hunter
PostPosted: Jan 31 2012 08:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I could see Hitler being black/white/red. White and black for already discussed and obviously reasons respectively and red for the occasion bout of uncontrolled fury movies and TV lead me to believe Hitler had.

REVIEWS, LEGOS, NONSENSE Check out Zarak's Barracks!

"Let that be a lesson to you, your family and everyone you've ever known..."

"Thanks to denial, I'm immortal!"

UsaSatsui
PostPosted: Jan 31 2012 09:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

@om*d wrote:
I think Hitler should be a red, white and black card to match the Nazi colors. I can also justify my opinion by saying that red = burning of people in concentration camps and the blitzkrieg, white = purity of the Aryan race and black for the use of gas(chambers), medical experiments and inherent evil.

Black is not inherently evil, it's just the color most likely to do things that are considered evil "being the color of amorality and selfishness). Medical experiments and poison gas could actually be a Blue trait.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jan 31 2012 09:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Experiments could be blue.

Poison gas (Marsh Gas, Death Cloud) seems to be exclusively associated with black.
@om*d
PostPosted: Jan 31 2012 09:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

UsaSatsui wrote:
@om*d wrote:

Black is not inherently evil, it's just the color most likely to do things that are considered evil "being the color of amorality and selfishness). Medical experiments and poison gas could actually be a Blue trait.

What about this as the basis for black then:
mtgsalvation wiki wrote:
Black is the color of self-indulgence, parasitism, amorality and unfettered desire for power. It believes that the world is made for its taking and that the weak exist to be exploited by the strong. The essence of Black is to see one's own ego[1] as so supremely invaluable, that the prospect of enslavement, of subordinating that ego to another, is utterly inadmissible. So, to be in accord with its perceptions and beliefs, Black simply must discard all obligations but to acquire power for itself. It can be no less than the one supreme being who is subordinate to no other, the possessor of all power in the universe - it must become omnipotent.

UsaSatsui
PostPosted: Jan 31 2012 10:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

@om*d wrote:
UsaSatsui wrote:
@om*d wrote:

What about this as the basis for black then:
mtgsalvation wiki wrote:
Black is the color of self-indulgence, parasitism, amorality and unfettered desire for power. It believes that the world is made for its taking and that the weak exist to be exploited by the strong. The essence of Black is to see one's own ego[1] as so supremely invaluable, that the prospect of enslavement, of subordinating that ego to another, is utterly inadmissible. So, to be in accord with its perceptions and beliefs, Black simply must discard all obligations but to acquire power for itself. It can be no less than the one supreme being who is subordinate to no other, the possessor of all power in the universe - it must become omnipotent.

I don't see "evil" in there. Just a lot of "being a dick". Capitalism is often listed as the most prevalent "positive" black philosophy. Self-improvement is another.

Kamigawa block had a white villain and a black hero. Of course, we don't like to talk about it.
@om*d
PostPosted: Jan 31 2012 11:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Forget about the evil thing and read the quote, particularly the bold text. I think Hitler would fit those descriptions.

mtgsalvation wiki wrote:

Black Zarak
Title: Big Coffin Hunter
PostPosted: Feb 01 2012 10:28 am Reply with quote Back to top

See, I don't see Hitler being blue because it wasn't him personally who did the medical experiments or threw the switch for the gas chambers, even if he DID approve their usage and whatnot. Mengele, sure, he'd probably be B/U.

REVIEWS, LEGOS, NONSENSE Check out Zarak's Barracks!

"Let that be a lesson to you, your family and everyone you've ever known..."

"Thanks to denial, I'm immortal!"

Reply to topic

Jump to: