"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
The Royal Rumble

Reply to topic
Optimist With Doubts
Title: Titlating
PostPosted: Jan 29 2012 04:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The 30 man over the top rope annual extravaganza. Even non wrestling fans enjoy this. Anyone else caching it this year?

UsaSatsui
Title: The White Rabbit
PostPosted: Jan 29 2012 04:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Dude, You need more creative titles, I thought this was another spam thread.

My dad actually used to throw a "Royal Rumble Party". The highlight was he did a lottery. Everyone put $5 in, and for that you got one or more numbers (usually 10 people entered, so 3 numbers apiece). The wrestler who came out on your number was yours, and if they won, you won too. It was fun, the non-wrestling fans had a reason to cheer for someone (even if Virgil or Bushwhacker Luke wasn't gonna win, they didn't know that), and I still remember the sheer awesomeness of when my uncle pulled #3...who happened to be Ric Flair.
JRA
PostPosted: Jan 29 2012 06:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

They will never ever top the awesomeness that was Royal Rumble 1992. Forget the fact that Ric Flair won, the sheer number of star power they had was amazing!

There are a lot of what if's in life Donny. What if I hit you really hard in the face, knocked yo shit to the back of yo skull? What if I....had you girl gargle my nuts? The fact remains, you are a fuckin mutant.

Ghandi
Title: Alexz Aficionado
PostPosted: Jan 29 2012 07:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

UsaSatsui wrote:
Dude, You need more creative titles, I thought this was another spam thread.

My dad actually used to throw a "Royal Rumble Party". The highlight was he did a lottery. Everyone put $5 in, and for that you got one or more numbers (usually 10 people entered, so 3 numbers apiece). The wrestler who came out on your number was yours, and if they won, you won too. It was fun, the non-wrestling fans had a reason to cheer for someone (even if Virgil or Bushwhacker Luke wasn't gonna win, they didn't know that), and I still remember the sheer awesomeness of when my uncle pulled #3...who happened to be Ric Flair.

I ran similar games like this for past Royal Rumbles. Since we used a WWE card game to enter everyone had to put in something to the pot.

You picked 3 numbers. Whoever came out on that number was your wrestler. You got 1 point for everyone they eliminated. If more than one person eliminates someone(like Kane, Yokozuna, Mark Henry--the big guys usually) then each participating wrestler gets a point. Whoever has the most points at the end wins the pot.

Makes it a lot of fun since you root for people you'd never normally root for.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

Optimist With Doubts
Title: Titlating
PostPosted: Jan 29 2012 11:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

We did the lottery at work. I got 28,29, and 13, also 6 from a separate lottery. Gonna watch the rumble later ...elsewhere.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Feb 01 2012 06:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So mad that Sheamus won. WWE loves trolling the IWC.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Boonjovi
Title: Electric Sex Pants
PostPosted: Feb 04 2012 02:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

A lot of people like Sheamus. I find him to be boring and stale. Both as a heel and a face.

"If you try to fix violence, with more violence, all you do is create violence" - Tom DeLonge.

Reply to topic

Jump to: