"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Tuna Jackson, Secret Agent

Reply to topic
Char Aznable
Title: Char Classic™
PostPosted: Apr 15 2007 12:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Here's a short film that got me silver at a TSA competition. Enjoy!

Mr. Bomberman
2009 Forum Champion
Title: (still) token black.
PostPosted: Apr 15 2007 02:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

lolololol~

I liked it.

Xbox Live: HazNobody, pronounced "HAz". | Haven't went to IRC yet? Go! #sydlexia @ DALnet. | Y'all should play some Super Robot Wars J (hey that rhymes!) | yeah I'm back who gives a shit

Char Aznable
PostPosted: Apr 15 2007 02:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks. The only thing I don't like is that you can't understand Dr. Electror, but the actor who played him is just hard to understand period.

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Apr 15 2007 02:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The first grunt sounded like Hesh to me.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Apr 15 2007 03:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Haha! I liked! I really loved how you integrated those effects into the film.While they still stand out, it wasn't so much "Ooo, look what I can do", which I always like to see. Plus, there's a strong narrative thread, you didn't get side tracked like so many other videos that AV puts out.

Plus, I'm sucker for any MGS refs.

If you wanted suggestions though, my main one is for the next video to try experimenting more with overlapping audio. I saw you did use it a little, but I think it could've made the walkie-talkie opening flow a bit more smoothly. Other than that, this video has really made me excited about your work, so keep making them. Trust me, there's no better experience than making films like these. You'll be thankful for it later down the road.

But I do hate myself right now, cause I noticed a break of 180. Stupid, stupid film school...

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

DarkMaze
PostPosted: Apr 15 2007 04:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Nice! I particularly liked the use of sound effects in the fight scene -- it added extra emphasis to the hits and blasts. Good stuff.
Char Aznable
PostPosted: Apr 15 2007 04:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks. There were a lot of things that I wanted to either fix or make better, but I was working on a deadline. For example, I wanted to have a blue tint over the footage for the MGS scene, but I had about 2 hours left to convert to MPEG and make a DVD with menus out of it. Plus, the rendering would've taken about a half-hour (our editing comps are old and glitchy. Good thing we're getting new ones.) The next movie I'll post is a 1 minute film that was part of a larger compilation that I made Freshman year, re-edited to utilize the software update we had in the class. It's a parody of the campiness of old Power Rangers episodes, called Low Budget Rangers. I actually got the pre-fight and fight themes from that film.

And I'll tell my friend Dustin that he sounds like Hesh, sathien. He loves Sealab.

Jay-Gun
Title: Dictator
PostPosted: Apr 16 2007 01:45 am Reply with quote Back to top

Hey! It's Tuna Jackson here in person...well in spirit anyway. Very Happy After the launch of the first movie, Char and I are having talks of creating a sequel. The suggested name is, "Tuna Jackson 2: Something's Fishy". Now what's the difference between this sequel and Hollywood sequels? This one will actually be better than the first.

Now, if anyone has any comments on my acting (besides you Char) please feel free to tell me. We want to make "TJ2" of a good quality and your input can help!

As for me, I might be posting a few of my Audio/Visual Editing projects on here. Possibly starting with my "Dwayne's World" creation. "Dwayne's World" is a no-budget rip-off of the 1992 film "Wayne's world". This is my little baby, as of the fact it was my first ever movie made in AV class, and once I post it, it will belong to you guys.

I'm out,

Jay-Gun
El Diablo Films
Char Aznable
PostPosted: Apr 16 2007 08:25 am Reply with quote Back to top

Something Fishy? I'm not making a goddamn sequel for a long time. I don't know what you've been smoking, but it must be hallucinogenic, because we never had a conversation where I made a title for a sequel, let alone a sequel idea.

Jay-Gun
Title: Dictator
PostPosted: Apr 16 2007 08:37 am Reply with quote Back to top

What the fuck are you talking about? Right after we burned it on to a DVD you said "When we make the sequel, it's gonna be so much better." And I just made up a random, but good title. Sounds great, isn't it?
Char Aznable
PostPosted: May 24 2007 04:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Now with improvified sound vitamins to help you grow!

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: May 24 2007 08:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well done. The only suggestion I have, is to improve the quality of the props. Instead of using Paintball guns, go buy some cheap airsoft weapons. Just get the spring loaded plastic ones. (They are modeled after real weapons, usually 1:1 scale, and if you paint over the orange barrel plugs, they'll look like the real thing on videotape.

That's my two cents.
Reply to topic

Jump to: