[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
<New> Super Mario Bros., 5/15/06

Reply to topic
Mr. Bomberman
2009 Forum Champion
Title: (still) token black.
PostPosted: Mar 29 2006 09:56 am Reply with quote Back to top

We have been waiting 2 years for this game...... (And I didn't lose my mind)
But it's finally coming May 15, 2006.

New Super Mario Bros. will most likely be released along the DS Lite... Nice
I present.... Screenshots!
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
The first fortress of the world mapImageThat's a big ass Mario.Image
Details, y'all.
The plotline reveals that Bowser, along with Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings, has kidnapped Princess Peach on Valentine's Day leaving it up to Mario to retrieve her once again.
The Nintendo Power issue #203 confirmed 80+ levels total and a world map.
There are eight worlds in total: Plains, Desert, Tropical Island, Forest, Ice, Mountains, Sky and Bowser's Lair.
Mario, Luigi and the enemy characters exist as 3D models, while the backgrounds have fixed 2D sprites.
-Information on three new power-ups have been divulged as of this date: The Blue Shell item gives the player the capability of riding on its namesake and it's kind of like a Sonic Spin, collecting three types of Super Mushrooms allows Mario to grow to enormous proportions for a limited amount of time. There will also be a mushroom that allows Mario to shrink. There may or may not be combo abilities. There are no powerups that give Mario the ability to fly.
-The game action takes place on the top screen, even the underground levels. The only exception are the underground bonus rooms, which are usually only filled with coins and powerups. Other than that, the bottom screen will only be used for gameplay information and storing powerups.
-Mario and Luigi can use the Fire Flower, which will transform them into Fire Mario or Fire Luigi.
-The game supports two players, so one person can take control of Luigi, and both players can work together, or race to the finish. Sometimes they have to compete with each other to reach the goal, and sometimes they can fight against each other.
-When Mario and Luigi come across an item such as a Mushroom or Fire Flower more than once, they can store it down the bottom of the touch screen. Players can then touch this item on the touch screen and it will drop down to Mario/Luigi.
-Moves from Super Mario 64 like the wall jump and ground pound can be done by Luigi and Mario.
-Mario and Luigi can grab loose koopa shells and put them on to grant different powers. One of these powers is the ability to spin on the back of a shell, like the koopas in Super Mario World.
-The flagpole at the end of each stage in the original Super Mario Bros. game returns to mark the end of the stages and when achieving a certain score, the player is again rewarded with fireworks. The small castles are also seen at the end of each stage, as shown in the new videos from GDC '06.
-There will be multiple paths through the levels (like Super Mario World), as well as a system similar to the stars in Super Mario 64.
-According to Nintendo Power issue #202, the Koopalings will also be in this game, making it the first game to feature all eight of Bowser's children; Super Mario Sunshine included Iggy briefly in FLUDD's scan. However, Yoshi will not appear, at least in standard gameplay, as he wouldn't fit with the classic Super Mario Bros. formula.
-A recent scan shows a large coin with a star on it, which is confirmed by Nintendo Power to be the star like collectible. There will be three per stage.
-All of the minigames found in Super Mario 64 DS will be included in the game. 2-player and 4-player single-cart multiplayer modes have been also added to some of the minigames.
-The game will have a similar structure to Super Mario Bros. 3 with worlds, levels, fortresses, bosses, warp pipes and walking over the top of the screen.

Yes. One of the greatest games of our time.... I'm on this one.
(commence conversation now.)

Xbox Live: HazNobody, pronounced "HAz". | Haven't went to IRC yet? Go! #sydlexia @ DALnet. | Y'all should play some Super Robot Wars J (hey that rhymes!) | yeah I'm back who gives a shit

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Mar 29 2006 07:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I am so excited about this game... perhaps even more so than Twilight Princess.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Rycona
Title: The Maestro
PostPosted: Mar 29 2006 08:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

=-=drools incessantly and attempts to reach through the computer screen and into the screenshots hoping to pull out the game=-=

RIP Hacker.

Kurt
PostPosted: Mar 30 2006 12:00 am Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
But it's finally coming May 15, 2006.

That's still way too long to wait...I'm buying this game on opening day, along with a sexy new DS Lite, and maybe some other crap. I'll probably have to sell a modded Xbox or two for it, though Shocked And the graphics... I can't wait to see it in my hands.
Mr. Bomberman
2009 Forum Champion
Title: (still) token black.
PostPosted: Mar 30 2006 12:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, We's getting it first. The Japanese have to wait 'til May 30, and Europe'll see it in the late summer (8/25/06)

At GDC, the booth babes (yes, them) had to pull people away from the DSes 'cause they was playing New SMB for too long.It's already causing a frenzy. On 5/15/06, I'll be at Toys R Us in Times Sq.

Other DS Games I'm waiting for:
Contact (WFC)
Bomberman Story (WFC)
Final Fantasy 3 DS
Children of Mana
Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
and more....

My fault. We get it on May 21 now, another delay.

Xbox Live: HazNobody, pronounced "HAz". | Haven't went to IRC yet? Go! #sydlexia @ DALnet. | Y'all should play some Super Robot Wars J (hey that rhymes!) | yeah I'm back who gives a shit

braincras
Title: braincrassed/audiofille
PostPosted: Apr 05 2006 03:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

a "return to form" mario bros style game?
it can be just COOLER.

*gone playing SMBS3

old skewl gamer.

Reply to topic

Jump to: