"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
30 Days of Night

Reply to topic
Black Zarak
Title: Big Coffin Hunter
PostPosted: May 23 2007 12:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

My friend who is going back to Iraq soon gave me a big box of novels and comics to keep safe for him until he gets back like three years from now and among them were the TPBs of this series, which it turns out are pretty cool. It's about vampires who get the bright idea of congregating in the Alaskan town on Barrow, where thirty days of sunlight is followed by thirty days of night, hijinks ensue. It's a pretty cool and original idea (though I'm sure one of you dicks will be like "Nuh-uh! So-and-so comics did that already in such a year!" Well, shut up) and I could see it being made into a cool movie if Hollywood didn't entirely destroy the original story. I go now to start reading the second volume, my planet needs me!

REVIEWS, LEGOS, NONSENSE Check out Zarak's Barracks!

"Let that be a lesson to you, your family and everyone you've ever known..."

"Thanks to denial, I'm immortal!"

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: May 23 2007 01:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I do indeed know of this series. There's a sequel of sorts that involves the aftermath.

Lastly, they ARE making it into a movie, helmed by Sam Raimi nonetheless. It's due to come out some time in October.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Cattivo
PostPosted: May 23 2007 04:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Very cool concept.
J.J.S.
PostPosted: May 23 2007 10:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
(though I'm sure one of you dicks will be like "Nuh-uh! So-and-so comics did that already in such a year!" Well, shut up)

Supposedly there is an episode of Tales From The Crypt with a similar premise, but the vampires are only in Alaska for a day.Razz I still like the concept, though. I haven't read any of the comics but I'll probably check out the movie.

Quote:
Lastly, they ARE making it into a movie, helmed by Sam Raimi nonetheless. It's due to come out some time in October.

IMDB says it's being directed by David Slade. Josh Hartnett is in the lead role. Some people seem to be outraged over Hartnett's casting, but I'm not sure why. Then again I don't recall ever seing a film with him in it.

Douche McCallister
Title: DOO-SHAY
PostPosted: May 23 2007 11:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sin City...briefly, Lucky # Sleven, Pearl Harbor...(forget I mentioned that one) Black Hawk Down, The Faculty, Halloween H20...you've never seen any of these! For Shame...for SHAME I SAY!

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Jun 28 2007 06:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

30 Days of Night is a modern comic classic. The tale of vampires in Alaska during the dead of winter, when there's no sunlight, is even going to be made into a film, starring Josh Hartnett. Now, a prequel to the books is coming, entitled 30 Days of Night: Red Snow, and set in Russia during World War II.

The book will begin its run in August, from IDW Publishing, and will be written/drawn by Ben Templesmith, whose unique vision is not only gorgeous, but scary at the same time. Check out the description. "This gritty, three-part tale is set during World War II and follows a British military attaché who is assigned to getting aid through Stalin’s frontline troops, all while the Russian winter grows more threatening." How good does that sound?
Reply to topic

Jump to: