[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Did Green Day rip off Motley Crue?

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: May 19 2007 06:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Something has always bugged me about the Green Day song "Jesus of Suburbia" and today I figured out what: part of it sounds EXACTLY like the Motley Crue song "On With The Show" from their 1981 album Too Fast For Love.

Listen:

Green Day - Jesus Of Suburbia

Motley Crue - On With The Show

I'm pretty sure that can't be a coincidence.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: May 19 2007 09:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The part where the song goes:

"City of the dead
At the end of another lost highway"

also sounds just like 'Summer of '69'

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: May 19 2007 09:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Leave it to a Canadian to try and drag Bryan Adams into this. I wish he'd give up singing and go back to being one half of the greatest tag team ever - Kronik.

You're right though, but it's not as blatant.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: May 19 2007 11:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Leave it to a Canadian to try and drag Bryan Adams into this. I wish he'd give up singing and go back to being one half of the greatest tag team ever - Kronik.

Well before you can talk him back into the ring, you'll have to talk him out of his sweet job of Produce Manager at Kroger's in his hometown of Kona, Hawaii.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: May 19 2007 11:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sadly, he suffered a spinal injury and can never wrestle again. Meanwhile Bryan Clark has a neck injury that may also prevent him from ever wrestling again.
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
PostPosted: May 20 2007 12:14 am Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe they shouldn't have lived up their gimmick so much... Especially bong hits right before a match... Crying

Brian Thinking to himself, "Okay so he's going to irish whip me into the ropes, but I reverse it, and then he ducks my clothesline attempt, and then uh...uh... crap. I forgot... Damn, I'm hungry... I should of hit the catorer's table before I came out. They had those tasty little finger sandwiches... I wonder if their called that because they use to made out of real fingers? That would be funny... Wait a minute, what the hell's going on? Why am I upside down? Oh shit, that's right I'm in a match right now. Crap, I'm about to get powerbombed. Am I suppose to take the blow with my neck and shoulders, or my head? Shit, too late! Head it is!"
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: May 20 2007 12:24 am Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think either one of them was on drugs, but I can't say for sure. What I do know is that they were both injured in Japan, and since Japanese wrestling is super fucking hardcore, I would imagine that Clark and Adams getting injured had way more to do with that. Not to mention they were big guys, they were fairly old, and it's really easy for big old guys to get injured. Just ask the Undertaker.
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
PostPosted: May 20 2007 01:17 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I know. The sad thing was that this was going to be his 1st long run with the belt. WWE was planning to keep the strap on him until at least the next wrestlemania. Let him go out on top, as a way of thanking him for so many years of awesome work and loyalty.
Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: May 20 2007 01:34 am Reply with quote Back to top

From http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/2007/articles/1179169523.php

"The Undertaker recently spoke to a fan at an airport and said that he was not in any great pain but that his arm was numb and that it would require immediate surgery. According to the fan’s report, Taker also said that he has a few years left before retiring and he seemed to still be pretty passionate about being a wrestler."

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Char Aznable
Title: Char Classic™
PostPosted: May 20 2007 08:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Wow. This has to be one of the fastest derailed threads ever.

Reply to topic

Jump to: