"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Gigantour - Megadeth w/ Motorhead

Reply to topic
Ice2SeeYou
Title: Sexual Tyrannosaurus
PostPosted: Nov 10 2011 02:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm going 1/26 in Camden. Never seen either band live, so I'm pumped. Anyone else going?

Sydlexia.com - Where miserable bastards meet to call each other retards.

GPFontaine
PostPosted: Nov 10 2011 02:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Damn it... I wish I knew about this earlier. Seat tickets sold out in CT. Camden is a bit too far for me.

Alowishus
PostPosted: Nov 10 2011 05:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Bring ear plugs.
Thorton02
PostPosted: Nov 21 2011 09:31 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah. I second th ear plugs unless you want permanent hearing loss. I saw Motorhead in a small club last year and they had all of their equiptment out as if they were playing at a stadium. Loudest concert I've ever been to.

No, I don't think I will fuck Stummies.

Ross Rifle
Title: Rock N Roll God
PostPosted: Feb 27 2012 02:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Saw it last week in Abbotsford. Kick ass show. Motorhead is loud as ass, but I think Lemmy plays through a guitar rig, because there was no bottom end.

Megadeth was awesome, til Dave Mustaine got all political. And they didn't do Hangar 18 or Wake Up Dead.

Cristina Scabbia is really hot.

Does anybody here have a Ross Rifle?
www.thetwowordsmusic.com
www.myspace.com/rossrifle

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Bob Dylan`s Blues
Title: Worlds Strongest Man
PostPosted: Feb 28 2012 01:09 am Reply with quote Back to top

Hopefully I can get tickets for the show thursday in dallas. They are pretty expensive but definitely worth it.

I saw Megadeth with Machine Head at the same place last year and I got right up against the stage. With the place being so small and the speakers so fuckin big I couldn't hear for like two days.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Feb 28 2012 07:21 am Reply with quote Back to top

I've seen both bands separately, and they are awesome. I wish I had gone to the original Gigantour in 2005, because that one had the best line-up and it was the only one with a main stage and a second stage. The line up was:

MAIN STAGE
Megadeth
Dream Theater (replaced by Anthrax in Canada)
Fear Factory
The Dillinger Escape Plan
Nevermore

SECOND STAGE
Life of Agony
Symphony X
Dry Kill Logic
Bobaflex

This year the only confirmed support acts are Volbeat (who I've never heard of) and Lacuna Coil (who I fucking hate with hatred of a thousand exploding suns).
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Bob Dylan`s Blues
Title: Worlds Strongest Man
PostPosted: Feb 28 2012 11:34 am Reply with quote Back to top

I went to the original Gigantour when they came to dallas(my first concert actually). At one point we went out to the main area to get Mustaine autograph. My friend asked him to put something special on his but Dave said something like "Sorry, I have to hurry and do a song with Dream Theater. " We rushed back and a little while later Dream Theater played "Cemetery Gates" by Pantera, when it came time for the solo Dave came out and shredded.

I didn't care about most of the bands. Just seeing Dream Theater and Mustaine was enough for me. I'll never forget that show.
Alowishus
PostPosted: Feb 28 2012 07:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I saw Volbeat open for Metallica a few years ago.

They were okay. They are from Denmark.
Ice2SeeYou
Title: Sexual Tyrannosaurus
PostPosted: Feb 29 2012 02:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I hadn't heard of Volbeat before either, but I thought they were pretty good. I brought my wife to the show with me (she's not into metal at all), and although she wasn't that into Motorhead or Megadeth, she actually loved Volbeat. She went home and bought a couple of their albums.

Sydlexia.com - Where miserable bastards meet to call each other retards.

TheThunderThief
PostPosted: Mar 01 2012 02:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I went for Motörhead. Megadeth is musically, still very tight, but Dave's vocals are really weak, specifically the high notes, and instead of playing in Eb so he can sing at a lower pitch like Metallica has done to accommodate James' vocals, Dave strains to hit the notes, and it sounds, well... bad, as evidenced here:

They've been that way for about 2-3 years now, and much the same when I saw them last month. What a bummer.

Compare to:

It's dubbed, granted it's from the DVD, and dubbing isn't exactly a rare occurrence for DVD performances, what stuck in my craw was the fact that it's the SAME EXACT dub they used for the 2008 San Diego "Blood in the Water" DVD.

aeonic
Title: Sporadic Poster
PostPosted: Mar 01 2012 03:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Shit, I heard about this a week late. I would've gone for Megadeth and Motorhead. I guess I just have to hope At the Drive In decides to actually tour or the Jesus and Mary Chain makes their way out here if I want a good show this year.

Who likes role-playing games? Me. Way too goddamn much.

Reply to topic

Jump to: