[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Diablo III

Reply to topic
Atma
Title: Dragoon
PostPosted: Jul 28 2011 06:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Seriously can't wait for this game.

Apparently, the Closed Beta is expected to launch on August 15th as per "leaked information" from a Diablo III Press event.

All of the information from the event cannot be released until August 1st due to a Non-Disclosure Agreement. So we'll know officially then.

Also the beta client will feature act 1 with the last few areas removed, the arena, and a very limited amount of acts 2 and 3 (no quests).

http://www.d3sanc.com/diablo-3/diablo-iii-press-event-information-leaked/

Also, some "leaked" screen shot showing this.

I guess we'll know for sure what's what on Monday, but I know I'm super fucking excited.
Slayer1
Title: ,,!,, for you know who
PostPosted: Jul 28 2011 10:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm looking "cautiously" forward to this one. I've heard a ton of negative things about SCII, and while it's a completely different genre of a game, I can say that I'm skeptical with it.
Now for a horrible truth: I have not beaten The Lord of Destruction Expansion pack of D2, but I have beaten D2 in it's core.
Sehkmaenzo
PostPosted: Jul 28 2011 11:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The last bit of news I heard about it was quite uplifting. It was the new runeword system, and I quite like how it's been worked out.
Also, who takes /pictures/ of a computer screen? That person should have been kicked out of the beta, and possibly out of the internet Razz
Atma
PostPosted: Jul 28 2011 11:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Slayer1 wrote:
I'm looking "cautiously" forward to this one. I've heard a ton of negative things about SCII, and while it's a completely different genre of a game, I can say that I'm skeptical with it.
Now for a horrible truth: I have not beaten The Lord of Destruction Expansion pack of D2, but I have beaten D2 in it's core.

1) I love SCII and everything about it. I also loved SC and Brood Wars.

2) Shame the hell on you. I dedicated numerous hours of my highschool life to that game. I fucking love the Diablo Series.
LordHuffnPuff
Title: Mahna Mahna
PostPosted: Jul 29 2011 07:34 am Reply with quote Back to top

Slayer1 wrote:

1) I love SC2 and hated SC1 and Brood War

2) I don't have a second point.

____________҉̵̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̿̿̿̕̚̕̚͡͡҉҉)___________
I am currently on an extended hiatus from the IRC chat room. If you need me, send a PM and I will get back to you as promptly as I am able.

View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Jul 29 2011 08:32 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'd been stumped for about 10 minutes wondering why you guys were talking about Soul Calibur until it dawned on me you've been discussing StarCraft.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Etch
Title: Intermittent Scribbler
PostPosted: Jul 29 2011 10:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

Slayer1 wrote:

Here's an even worse truth: I've never gotten passed the desert sewers. I just stop playing out of sheer, mind-numbing boredom. Diablo II takes everything I like about the first one and murders it. Loooong stretches of empty walking, tiny dungeons, the whole "armor set" thing with nowhere to store pieces you don't want to use yet...and the staff pieces are taking up what little space there is. First one is a straight shot downward (goes much faster) and if you need room just drop your stuff on the ground back at the town and pick it up later. And in town everything you need is in one small area. No wandering pointlessly around the city.

For me the original is far superior.

(does three still have the World of Warcraft look?)

lordsathien wrote:
I'd been stumped for about 10 minutes wondering why you guys were talking about Soul Calibur until it dawned on me you've been discussing StarCraft.

That always happens in video game discussions online. People really need to not abbreviate things that have yet to be named in at least one post. It's really bad with Modern Warfare and me immediately thinking Mech Warrior. Confused
Atma
PostPosted: Jul 29 2011 10:31 am Reply with quote Back to top

From what I've heard, and screen shots I've seen, Blizzard looks like they are trying to go back towards the darker grittier aspect of D1.

I've been checking out another game that isn't released yet, (But the open Beta is suppose to start sometime August). It's a Free online game that from the videos I watched looks a hell of a lot like what Diablo 1 was. http://www.pathofexile.com/
GPFontaine
PostPosted: Jul 29 2011 10:43 am Reply with quote Back to top

I will not be holding my breath for any Blizzard releases. On the positive side though, I bet the game will be fun and well polished.

Thorton02
PostPosted: Jul 29 2011 12:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Atma wrote:
From what I've heard, and screen shots I've seen, Blizzard looks like they are trying to go back towards the darker grittier aspect of D1.

I've been checking out another game that isn't released yet, (But the open Beta is suppose to start sometime August). It's a Free online game that from the videos I watched looks a hell of a lot like what Diablo 1 was. http://www.pathofexile.com/

Have you seen any screen shot changes since they were first released? Last I looked, the Barb still left purple, blue and pink trails when he swung a two-handed battle axe.

I don't think I understand how many times do I have to kill Diablo? I also didn't like how Baal was 100 times more badass than Diablo himself in D2. Doesn't really matter as I'm gonna play the shit out of this game as soon as it comes out.

No, I don't think I will fuck Stummies.

Ice2SeeYou
Title: Sexual Tyrannosaurus
PostPosted: Jul 29 2011 02:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I only ever played Diablo 1, but I loved it. In fact I'd love to fire it up now......I wonder if my computer can play it? Nowadays I can't play Warcraft II anymore because of some bullshit where newer computers are somehow incompatible with it Evil

Sydlexia.com - Where miserable bastards meet to call each other retards.

Thorton02
PostPosted: Aug 01 2011 11:20 am Reply with quote Back to top

I just read the other day that D3 was going to be online, all the time. Does this bother anyone? If it was 5 years ago and I was still surviving on AOL trial memberships, I'd probably through a fit, but my internet is pretty stable so I don't care as much. I also haven't been fucked over by Blizzard in the past, so I'm willing to deal with it. I love the idea of bringing my single player characters online. I made the mistake the first time of playing up to level 40 and realizing when I got a battle.net account that I'd have to start over. That sucked.

I was able to play Warcraft II on Windows vista last year. The cut scenes were all fucked up, but the game still played. Next to a few Sierra games, my Warcraft II cd is probably one of the oldest things I've managed not to lose.

No, I don't think I will fuck Stummies.

Probable Muppet
PostPosted: Aug 01 2011 09:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I still play Diablo II after 11 years. Actually I just started again a while back. I love the game and can't wait for Diablo III.

One very interesting thing about Diablo III is the real life money auction house trading they just announced:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2397-Diablo-3-Auction-House-Announced-Spend-and-Earn-Real-Life-Money

Definitely adds an unexpected element to the game.
Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Aug 02 2011 03:53 am Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, I preferred having the option of playing offline solo.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Reinhart_x
Title: Master of nothing
PostPosted: Aug 02 2011 07:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

When I get my hands on this game, I'm gonna make bank, bro. I plan to pay off the damn game with all the stuff I can get. Of course that won't be possible at first, but eventually. That problem definitely wasn't going to be solved, at least this way it's not so shady if you want to buy something and you don't have to worry about getting jipped on sketchy sites.

If you played D2 but not the expansion, I feel for you. I did that for the longest time and once I finally got the expansion I couldn't even fathom going back to the original. If you didn't play D2 at all, go buy the battle chest for 20 bucks or whatever.

We need to play some DIII together like we did in the last game. Although we can only fit 4 people in a game this time. Sad Sydlexia guild anyone?!

FACT: The Battlechodes won Forum Battle 2012.

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Oct 21 2011 07:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

watching a stream of blizzcon and diablo 3 has a lot of shit they are taking from wow.

jewel crafting, socketing, etc etc. it still looks cool as fuck

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Atma
PostPosted: Oct 21 2011 08:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Socketing and Jewels (well not Jewel Crafting) were in Diablo II already.

Either way, the game looks fucking sick and I want it badly.
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Oct 21 2011 08:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Atma wrote:
Socketing and Jewels (well not Jewel Crafting) were in Diablo II already.

Either way, the game looks fucking sick and I want it badly.

yeah, its jewel crafting. and the auction house w/real money sounds interesting... so hopefully its not totally broken.

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Slayer1
Title: ,,!,, for you know who
PostPosted: Oct 22 2011 01:59 am Reply with quote Back to top

How do you guys feel about Blizzard making DIII online at all times?
Legend(VC)
PostPosted: Oct 22 2011 02:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

just saying if any of you all are playing diablo 2 USEast what's your account name..main account or whatever. My main 2 are Travis(KOG) Travis_VClan and i also use Travis-vclan some hit me up, I use to be #1 in the world back in the day 08/09 patch when people were hacked/opened bnet dueling on elite and supreme ladders
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Atma
PostPosted: Oct 22 2011 11:09 am Reply with quote Back to top

I sadly don't have a copy of DII anymore.
Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Oct 27 2011 04:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So there's going to be a collector's edition which includes a pet for anyone who also plays WoW. Here's what an estimated $99.95 gets you:

The Soulstone flash drive is a nice touch and I'm glad to see they're including a soundtrack.

The Collector's Edition Includes:

Diablo III PC/MAC Game
The full version of the Diablo III game on DVD-ROM.

Diablo Skull and 4GB USB Soulstone
The 4GB USB soulstone includes full versions of Diablo II and Diablo II: Lord of Destruction. The Diablo Skull functions as both a nice decoration and a resting place for your USB soulstone.

Behind The Scenes BLU-RAY/DVD Set
Over an hour of interviews detailing how the world of Sanctuary came together from the combined efforts of artists, writers, programmers, designers, musicians and animators.

Diablo III Art Book
208-page art book, which catalogues countless pieces, from early concepts to final 3D renderings.

Diablo III Soundtrack
Twenty four original pieces from the Diablo III soundtrack on CD.
In-Game Content for Diablo III, World of Warcraft, and StarCraft II

Diablo III - Aesthetic Artifacts:
Call forth glowing angel wings, unfurl an exclusive banner, and dye your armor sets with the Bottled Cloud or Bottled Smoke items.

World of Warcraft - Fetish Shaman Pet:
Journey throughout the World of Warcraft with the fetish shaman at your side.

StarCraft II - Battle.net Portraits:
Display your status as a hero of the mortal realms with an exclusive army decal and three Diablo-themed Battle.net portraits.

Atma
PostPosted: Oct 27 2011 05:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

This might be one of the few collector box sets I buy.
Murdar Machene
Title: bimmy
PostPosted: Oct 27 2011 05:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Diablo 3 is one of those games I intentionally avoided trying to get excited about. From the looks of it they've pretty much done nothing exciting with the combat and the game still neurotically centers around item drops and statistics, not involved, skillful or fun combat where I have options to play uniquely. Still no manual block button, blocking is just a stat, pretty boring. Abilties look like particle effect AoE spam. Classes look unappealing. Graphics are too soft and round for the sensitive, fat eyes of babies who will play it. Real cash auction house sounds terrible.

Oh and the character designs are fucked.

None of the people who even worked on the first Diablo are at blizzard anymore, so I expected it to be watered down isometric WoW-lite. Looks like they filled the mold perfectly.
Atma
PostPosted: Oct 27 2011 06:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Murdar Machene wrote:
I expected it to be watered down isometric WoW-lite. Looks like they filled the mold perfectly.

I pray you are wrong good Sir. I pray you are.
Reply to topic

Jump to: