SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Soccer... interesting face punch/slap

Reply to topic
GPFontaine
PostPosted: Jun 06 2011 01:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

There is a reason why I can't stand most professional soccer players. This is the extreme version of that reason.

Rydog
Title: Dragon Slayer
PostPosted: Jun 06 2011 01:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ha, this is brilliant. I bet his teammates gave him high fives after the game when they saw the replay. They should have a "flop" stat, and that should count as 7. Oh, and soccer sucks.
lavalarva
2011 SNES Champ
PostPosted: Jun 06 2011 02:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Soccer is 50% skill and 50% acting. Because that acting can give you that single goal per game that occurs in soccer.

And after the utter crapfest that was World Cup 2010 I kind of gave up about international soccer.
Sehkmaenzo
PostPosted: Jun 06 2011 02:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

This is one of the things that really pisses me off about it, and how FIFA refuses to evolve with the times. I mean, every half-decent TV network here in Brazil can have a dozen cameras on a game, basically making sure none of the action is missed. They have 3D simulations to help illustrate offsides, and any sort of aggression that happens on the field is caught from 5 or 6 angles, letting the viewers at home see everything clearly.
Meanwhile, we have one guy running around who's supposed to keep tabs on everything that's going on? Oh that's right, he has like 2 assistants. Nevermind.
So, we have this. :/
Thunderhorse
Title: This is DELICIOUS!
PostPosted: Jun 06 2011 02:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

That's why I stopped watching soccer.

"I stumbled! My knee is shattered!"

A few drinks of water later...

"Alright! I'm gonna run after the ball!"

This Is Tuna With Bacon

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Jun 06 2011 02:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sehkmaenzo wrote:
This is one of the things that really pisses me off about it, and how FIFA refuses to evolve with the times. I mean, every half-decent TV network here in Brazil can have a dozen cameras on a game, basically making sure none of the action is missed. They have 3D simulations to help illustrate offsides, and any sort of aggression that happens on the field is caught from 5 or 6 angles, letting the viewers at home see everything clearly.
Meanwhile, we have one guy running around who's supposed to keep tabs on everything that's going on? Oh that's right, he has like 2 assistants. Nevermind.
So, we have this. :/

i agree w/this. i still love the beautiful game (especially after that 5-0 win mexico had over el salvador), but i hate all that BS flopping.

like Sehk said, they can have cameras, and if the ref can have an earpiece, they can tell him what happened & how to properly address the issue. especially w/goals.

like lava said, there was some crap in the world cup that was missed that was easily fixed if they had cameras dictating the action.

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

lavalarva
2011 SNES Champ
PostPosted: Jun 06 2011 03:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I heard quite a few Europeans think it's part of the game and "it's ok to cheat if you don't get caught". If that's true, they're fucking retarded.

Soccer can be really awesome without all that BS. Either because the players play fair or the referee seems to see everything and gives yellow cards for flopping Very Happy
Rydog
Title: Dragon Slayer
PostPosted: Jun 06 2011 03:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I don't have the slightest clue when flopping became common place, but the only chance they had to end it was right when it started. At this point, it is too accepted, expected even to really to get it out of the game.

Same thing with the NBA, they should have never let the players whine so excessively after being called for fouls, now its automatic to complain even if you ripped someones arm off.
Reply to topic

Jump to: