[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Comics movie news thread

Reply to topic
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Apr 11 2007 09:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

A first look at the Mk-1 Iron Man Armor in the movie coming out next year
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=19838

There's also some buzz about a Green Arrow movie, to be titled Supermax detailing Ollie (I assume it'll be Ollie and not Connor) getting sent to prison and having to survive without his trademark gear with powered criminals in close proximity.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Apr 11 2007 09:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

lordsathien wrote:
A first look at the Mk-1 Iron Man Armor in the movie coming out next year
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=19838

There's also some buzz about a Green Arrow movie, to be titled Supermax detailing Ollie (I assume it'll be Ollie and not Connor) getting sent to prison and having to survive without his trademark gear with powered criminals in close proximity.

Iron Man: Uh-oh... He's looking like "Steel".

Green Arrow: Weird plot for a Green Arrow movie. Why don't they just slap in a generic superhero made up by them Hollywood-types and make it an original picture? If there's a Green Arrow movie, I want him to be Green Arrow (costume and all).

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

TheRoboSleuth
Title: Sleuth Mark IV
PostPosted: Apr 12 2007 12:20 am Reply with quote Back to top

Green arrow is nothing without-

1. The vandyke
2. The liberal ideology
3. The absurd number and variety of arrows.

Seriously, I bet the man sticks an arrow shaft on anything smaller than a gallon of milk that he finds and calls it an arrow.

"I need to mow the lawn, good thing I have a weedwhacker arrow!"
"Shit, I've been poisoned by cobras! I'll need my antidote arrow and my mongoose arrow for this one"
"I'm being attacked by hypnotized clowns! Must...fire...cream pie arrow!"
"I've been challenged to a boxing match, so good thing I have plenty of boxing glove arrows."

Its like batman adding the word "Bat" to everything, except green arrow can shoot his from a bow.

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Apr 12 2007 06:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

RobotGumshoe wrote:
Green arrow is nothing without-

1. The vandyke
2. The liberal ideology
3. The absurd number and variety of arrows.

Seriously, I bet the man sticks an arrow shaft on anything smaller than a gallon of milk that he finds and calls it an arrow.

"I need to mow the lawn, good thing I have a weedwhacker arrow!"
"Shit, I've been poisoned by cobras! I'll need my antidote arrow and my mongoose arrow for this one"
"I'm being attacked by hypnotized clowns! Must...fire...cream pie arrow!"
"I've been challenged to a boxing match, so good thing I have plenty of boxing glove arrows."

Its like batman adding the word "Bat" to everything, except green arrow can shoot his from a bow.

Yeah, well he didn't invent the "Chicken Arrow", Topper Harley did!

Char Aznable
Title: Char Classic™
PostPosted: Apr 12 2007 06:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ugh. Iron Man just looks...ugly.

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Apr 13 2007 02:30 am Reply with quote Back to top

Char Aznable wrote:
Ugh. Iron Man just looks...ugly.

It's the first armor he made, functionality was priority over aesthetics. I noticed some marks around the chest lamp which made me think they might be involving mysticism with its power source or something *shrug*

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Apr 13 2007 07:48 am Reply with quote Back to top

Is it at least going to get a paint job?
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Char Aznable
PostPosted: Apr 13 2007 08:38 am Reply with quote Back to top

That would help, because right now he looks like Gigantor with Down's Syndrome.

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Apr 13 2007 09:13 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Is it at least going to get a paint job?

Possibly, but if the movie guys are basing any of thiss stuff off the decent animated movie Marvel put out last year, the first model won't look much different.

DarkMaze
PostPosted: Apr 13 2007 09:37 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm pretty sure that there's gonna be another suit later in the movie that's more like the one we all know and love.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Apr 13 2007 09:41 am Reply with quote Back to top

I can deal with the suit not looking 100% like the one from the comics, but if he spends any significant amount of time in a metal suit that's not painted in the trademark red and yellow design, the movie won't get my money. It's that simple.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Apr 13 2007 12:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Totally in agreeance with DarkMaze here that there WILL be a R/Y suit, otherwise they might as well put Rhodey in the suit and call the film War Machine.

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Apr 13 2007 04:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Rumors are pointing to Laurence Fishburne as the voice of Galactus in Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (or as I like to call it "Rise of the Silver Surfer guest-starring the FF").

==

"No, no ... You guys didn't like Catwoman the first time, and I'm not a masochist ... I make movies for people, and if people don't really want to see that, then I wouldn't make the same mistake twice, obviously." - Halle Berry on a possible sequel to Catwoman.

Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: Apr 14 2007 01:07 am Reply with quote Back to top

lordsathien wrote:
Rumors are pointing to Laurence Fishburne as the voice of Galactus in Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (or as I like to call it "Rise of the Silver Surfer guest-starring the FF").

The guy who played Reed Richards said in an interview basically "I dunno if I'm supposed to say this or not, but Galactus isn't in the next movie". That was quickly followed with someone else saying he was, and the current rumours are that it's actually the ultimate universe's Gah-Lak-Tus, which is INFINITELY gay if it's true. If its true then they won't have anyone doing the voice.

While I wanna be excited about this movie because I love Galactus, they're gonna fuck it up. FF 48,49, and 50 is widely regarded as the best comic book story ever, or at least top 10, and as I understand it was the first really story arc taking up more than one issue of a book. They have the entire fucking story already written for them. All the need to do is animate and add some more dialgue, and it's done, but I swear to God they will fuck this up.

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

Kojjiro the Angry
Title: Scientist
PostPosted: Apr 15 2007 03:12 am Reply with quote Back to top

I heard Jason Mewes was supposed to play Green Arrow.
Except this green arrow was supposed to just hang out infront of places and make sure people weren't doing anything wrong.

KEVIN MASK WRESTLING ARMY

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Apr 18 2007 01:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Since the Spider-man thread got locked:

"Kirsten Dunst, in an interview for the opening of Spider-Man 3, said that, without her, Tobey Maguire, and Sam Raimi, that a Spider-Man 4 would be a complete flop. Not only that, but she said it would be disrespectful to the original team to make any such movie.

In addition, Raimi is potentially planning to take the reins of The Hobbit movie, after Peter Jackson officially abandons the project for good, so that would make him sort of unavailable for any sort of Spider-Man 4 film. Though Sony has been making noise about another sequel, it seems unlikely that any sort of project without the original team would be anything other than a straight-to-video release."

Cattivo
PostPosted: Apr 18 2007 02:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

That's funny coming from Dunst, considering she's the most expendable of the three. With any good director, a decent script, and anyone but Dunst, a fourth SM movie could easily succeed.

Besides, Tobey doesn't own that role, the CGI and costuming does.
Tebor
PostPosted: Apr 19 2007 02:17 am Reply with quote Back to top

Cattivo wrote:
That's funny coming from Dunst, considering she's the most expendable of the three. With any good director, a decent script, and anyone but Dunst, a fourth SM movie could easily succeed.

Besides, Tobey doesn't own that role, the CGI and costuming does.

Agreed. Spider-Man can easily continue to be a successful franchise, maybe not as successful, but look at the creative shifts in comics... Not those runs where the writer and artist never change though...

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Apr 19 2007 02:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It turns out Mr. Fishburne will officially be the voice of the Silver Surfer and not Galactus.

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Apr 23 2007 07:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Spider-Man director Sam Raimi confirmed that Columbia Pictures is interested in making parts 4, 5 and 6 of the web-spinning series, but that he would only come back if he could keep the same passion.

“If I didn’t think I could do it fantastically, than I should step aside and let a younger director come in who loves the character and said he could do it with the greatest passion on the earth,” Raimi said.

However, despite star Tobey Maguire previously saying he would not do a fourth film, he is now saying if there was a great story and Raimi and other cast members were back, he might consider it.

But neither of these guys are revealing the true motivating factor that would surely get all principals on board…truckloads of money!!!

=======================================================================

The Incredible Hulk is kinda old, sure, but now there's talk that the green monster is going gray.

At the Spiderman 3 junket this past weekend, producer Avi Arad hinted to that the Hulkster may have a somewhat peaked look in his next movie.

Arad also dropped the following info on the upcoming film:

"It's a new Hulk, new direction, new size, new color, new attitude. Anything that was done before is not in this movie. It's a very different kind of Hulk."

So a gray hulk movie. Thoughts guys?

Tebor
PostPosted: Apr 23 2007 08:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I had heard Ed Norton would be Bruce Banner, but Jason Statham would play the Hulk. Without any make up or CG enhancements. He's just that cool.

Char Aznable
PostPosted: Apr 23 2007 10:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I always thought that the Gray Hulk was cool, so I'll see it if it's good. Half the people who see the movie won't know who the fuck the Gray Hulk is, though.

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Apr 28 2007 01:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.filmwad.com/first-official-pic-of-downey-jr-as-tony-stark-2285-p.html The first pic of Downey as Tony Stark

Even bad guys get movies in the superhero universe. Take our old friend Magneto, for example, who will be getting a film directed by David Goyer (Blade: Trinity, The Invisible) about his life in the long-ago times, when he was out hunting down the Nazis who made his existance a living hell.

Now, neither Ian McKellen nor Patrick Stewart will be featured in the film, as it takes place many years in the past, but both Magneto and Professor Xavier will be characters in it. Think of Magneto as a sort of origin story about the man, and forget what you know about him, because odds are he's going to be a pretty sympathetic character in this story.

The trusty Batmobile is set to be all a-sploded for the new Batman film, Dark Knight. Or at least one of the models of the Batmobile will be destroyed.

Though there's not a whole lot of information on the film, or why the car will be blowed up, we do know that it will be happening while on location in Chicago, and not during principal photography in London. Also, we know that they caught the Chicago Post Office on fire while on location there, which is funny.

Tebor
PostPosted: Apr 28 2007 01:54 am Reply with quote Back to top

lordsathien wrote:
Even bad guys get movies in the superhero universe. Take our old friend Magneto, for example, who will be getting a film directed by David Goyer (Blade: Trinity, The Invisible) about his life in the long-ago times, when he was out hunting down the Nazis who made his existance a living hell.

Now, neither Ian McKellen nor Patrick Stewart will be featured in the film, as it takes place many years in the past, but both Magneto and Professor Xavier will be characters in it. Think of Magneto as a sort of origin story about the man, and forget what you know about him, because odds are he's going to be a pretty sympathetic character in this story.

1. Director David Goyer - Better screenwriter than director. I have not seen "The Invisible"... yet.

2. Hunting Nazis - Didn't I see that with a certain Lecter...?

3. No McKellen or Picard - I heard both were signed on? Oh well, that's what I get for trusting the internet...

What could've been:
Quote:
The first spinoff will be Hugh Jackman's Wolverine. His character has an as-yet-unrevealed back story in which researchers replaced his original bones with a metal skeleton. Jackman has signed on to star and co-produce, and X-Men producer Lauren Shuler Donner says it will likely head into production next year.

Though it would require a younger actor for those sequences, she says the film would need Ian McKellen to anchor the flashbacks. "What's a Magneto movie without Ian?" she asks.

Cattivo
PostPosted: Apr 28 2007 02:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

lordsathien wrote:
The trusty Batmobile is set to be all a-sploded for the new Batman film, Dark Knight. Or at least one of the models of the Batmobile will be destroyed.

Though there's not a whole lot of information on the film, or why the car will be blowed up, we do know that it will be happening while on location in Chicago, and not during principal photography in London. Also, we know that they caught the Chicago Post Office on fire while on location there, which is funny.

1 - The batmobile is being destroyed in London, not Chicago. See here: http://www.batman-on-film.com/batmovienews.html Also, be careful with the spoilers. I originally found this out at batman-on-film.com, and was disappointed to read it instead of being surprised while watching the movie.

2 - The fire in Chicago was unrelated to filming. The old ventiliation system on an upper floor caught on fire in a former Chicago Post Office that they were filming in previously - not where they were filming that day. See the last post here: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2527
Reply to topic

Jump to: