"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Ozzfest 2000

Reply to topic
Murdar Machene
Title: bimmy
PostPosted: Mar 23 2007 02:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, I went to that. I got sunburned like fuck, and Phil Anselmo tried to say some stuff about how flying the confederate flag was okay because it was just pride! I think he was high on "the drugs" Cool
UltimateFierce
Title: Nippon Yankee
PostPosted: Mar 23 2007 02:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

This reminds me: We need Headbanging Emoticons, ASAP!

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Mar 23 2007 06:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Pantera had a ridiculous wall of speakers on that tour... I like my music really loud, but they were too loud. Still, it was really cool to see Pantera before they broke up and before Darrell's untimely passing.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
S. McCracken
Title: Enforcer
PostPosted: Mar 23 2007 07:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Pantera had a ridiculous wall of speakers on that tour... I like my music really loud, but they were too loud. Still, it was really cool to see Pantera before they broke up and before Darrell's untimely passing.

Dude, my ears hurt for a week after that concert.

PolarisSLBM
PostPosted: Mar 23 2007 08:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, I was two of those tours. Poison + Cinderella in '06 and Iron Maiden + suck in '06. Yes, they sucked, whoever they were. I forget. But they got booed. And anyway, I bought the album the day it came out (had to drive all over Detroit to do it), and familiarized myself with the material. I can dig what you mean, though: they didn't even play Wasted Years.

Which reminds me. You going to see Heaven And Hell?
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mar 23 2007 08:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Possibly. Jeebus doesn't have money for concerts anymore because he's saving up to get an apartment with his girlfriend, but greeneyedzeke and his friends were probably going and I might go with them. Dio-fronted Sabbath is badass.

I've never seen Maiden do "Wasted Years", which sucks because it's a cool song. They probably won't do it on their next tour either. Supposedly their next big tour is going to use the old Powerslave set and they're going to play mostly stuff from Powerslave/Piece Of Mind/No Prayer For The Dying and possibly Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. That should be cool.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Murdar Machene
PostPosted: Mar 24 2007 04:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

Ugh, Dio. Fucking barf.

Just kidding Dio is a guilty pleasure of mine. The intro to Holy Diver is too goodamn long though.

Also, Rainbow in th Dark is the story of him being closet gay.
PolarisSLBM
PostPosted: Mar 24 2007 09:04 am Reply with quote Back to top

Murdar Machene wrote:

That's a lot better than the lyrics he wrote for Black Sabbath's 'Country Girl'. It makes me cringe every time he sings about 'sailing away on the crimson tide'.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mar 24 2007 09:07 am Reply with quote Back to top

If you listen to fools, the mob rules.
Murdar Machene
PostPosted: Mar 24 2007 01:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

lololololol. Seriously though I have this argument with a friend of mine all the time.
ChildrenofSlayer
PostPosted: Mar 24 2007 05:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Murdar Machene wrote:

If I were to choose one song of his to support that assertion, it would be "I Could have Been a Dreamer".

Seriously, could anyone other than the great RJD sing about rainbows, sunsets, and fantasy worlds called "Magica" without being considered outrageously gay, lame, and/or nerdy?

As for attending Ozzfest, has anyone gone in the past few years? The recent line-ups seem very weak compared to the late 90's and early 2000s, with the shitty Nu Metal, rapcore, and emocore bands not helping matters.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mar 24 2007 05:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

No, I gave up, because as you said, it got pretty weak. I kinda wish that I went to 2004 and 2005, because those actually had pretty respectable line-ups, certainly way better than 2002 and 2003.

2004 you had Ozzy, Priest, Slayer, Dimmu Borgir, Superjoint Ritual, and Black Label Society on the mainstage. You know, that actually might be the best mainstage line-up ever. They usually find a way to sneak some shitty band like Limp Bizkit, System of a Down, Adema, Linkin Park, or Crazy Town onto mainstage.

And 2005, they had Maiden, Zombie, and Ozzy, all of which are awesome, but I'd rather see do full sets instead of that 30 minute bullshit. Besdies, Sharon was a total cunt to Maiden.

I kinda wanna go this year because 1) it's free and 2) Lordi.
ChildrenofSlayer
PostPosted: Mar 24 2007 05:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
They usually find a way to sneak some shitty band like Limp Bizkit, System of a Down, Adema, Linkin Park, or Crazy Town onto mainstage.

I'm actually a big fan of SOAD, and Adema has the distinction of being the only Nu Metal band I really enjoy. Might be the heavy rotation the "Planets" album enjoys at UFC events.

The other three are/were all comically bad.

Quote:

Yeah, it being free and the very convenient venue and times are the main reasons I'm considering attending this year.
Necrotism
Title: Proud owner of pants
PostPosted: Mar 28 2007 12:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:

And 2005, they had Maiden, Zombie, and Ozzy, all of which are awesome, but I'd rather see do full sets instead of that 30 minute bullshit. Besdies, Sharon was a total cunt to Maiden.

I got tickets for 2005 ozzfest and on my way home they announced on the radio the show was canceled because ozzy was sick. I hadn't been to an ozzfest since 2000, which was ok, I really only went to see Pantera who were amazing. Phil was drunk off his ass though.

the qoute of the day was from mr. Anselmo "I wanna fu...::buuuurp:: I wanna fucking, fucking see 80 fucking mosh pits. thats fucking what I fucking wanna see goddammit"

I've had the pleasure of seeing Pantera 3 times.
1st Incubus (who sucked royally) Pantera and Black Sabbath in 98'
2nd Pantera at Ozzfest 2000
3rd Soulfy, Morbid Angel and Pantera in 02'

Reply to topic

Jump to: