"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Scientology

Reply to topic
S. McCracken
Title: Enforcer
PostPosted: Mar 15 2006 09:49 am Reply with quote Back to top

So I'm starting to think that scientology is nothing but a religion based on blackmail. It just seems like people are saying and doing things that are way out of character in order to defend this pseudo-religion. I mean, first it was Tom Cruise going off the deep end once the rumors that he's gay started to get out of control, then Isaac Hayes pulls this bullshit by quitting South Park. I'm thinking that somewhere in a manila folder there are pictures of Tom Cruise sucking off some guy at a truck stop.

Then again, I'm pretty sure most religions are seeped in a tradition of keeping the faithful close through guilt and the threat of persecution.

Sock
Title: Master Fornicator
PostPosted: Mar 15 2006 01:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, what Tom Cruise gives me $5 for at a truck stop is none of your buisness.

But yeah, Scientology is some whacky shit, not a respectable religion in my opinion.
Black Zarak
Title: Big Coffin Hunter
PostPosted: Mar 15 2006 01:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Scientology is nothing but bat-shit insanity and anyone who actually believes that exiled alien ghosts flew here on interstellar 747s millions of years ago deserves to be shot for their gullibility. Not that I don't think all religions are bat-shit insanity, but at least most of them don't have alien ghosts as part of their main theology.

Isaac Hayes quit South Park? That really sucks. If Isaac Hayes is a scientologist and quit because of their scientology episode, that sucks twice as bad. C'mon Isaac, you know better!

REVIEWS, LEGOS, NONSENSE Check out Zarak's Barracks!

"Let that be a lesson to you, your family and everyone you've ever known..."

"Thanks to denial, I'm immortal!"

Rycona
Title: The Maestro
PostPosted: Mar 15 2006 02:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Think of scientology and how accepted it is among so many people. Then think of other religions that could be but aren't so popular. Think of what bullshit story they might have for creation, the meaning of life, and whatnot. This is even scarier to me. Small towns that still have human sacrifices, incestuous propogation, and illogically justified punishments/tortures. It's a McWorld, so it can happen.

RIP Hacker.

Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Mar 15 2006 02:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

You all do realize that Scientology has their own department that does nothing but find people bashing Scientology and then bash them in return. I'd rather not have Scientology freaks flamming the boards.

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Mar 15 2006 03:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Apparently Mr. Cruise is making his lovely wife have an entirely natural child-birth. All I can say is I hope she returns the favor some day by crushing his testicles in a bench-vice, then breaking the handle of the vice, giving him a saw and lighting the garage on fire.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Black Zarak
Title: Big Coffin Hunter
PostPosted: Mar 15 2006 06:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Tebor wrote:
You all do realize that Scientology has their own department that does nothing but find people bashing Scientology and then bash them in return. I'd rather not have Scientology freaks flamming the boards.

So, let em' come! I'm not afraid of them or their money-absorbing machines, I mean, audit machines.

REVIEWS, LEGOS, NONSENSE Check out Zarak's Barracks!

"Let that be a lesson to you, your family and everyone you've ever known..."

"Thanks to denial, I'm immortal!"

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Mar 15 2006 07:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

They have lawyers... so very many lawyers.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Gushoshin
Title: guardian of death
PostPosted: Mar 15 2006 09:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I am a farily religous person,and i tilt to the right a bit.

That being said, i have an open mind, and it pisses me off when a fucktard like tom cruise or some bitch with a fake brittish accent repersents god for me, via the television.

I guess it goes to show how much i hate celebs

Steve Gavazzi, Marc Green
Jon Sly! It's time to play... WHICH DOUCHEBAG SAID THIS????

"I'm curious -- which mountain climber was used in Cliff Hangers?"

Happy anniversary you fucking wankers!

Tebor
PostPosted: Mar 15 2006 09:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Gushoshin wrote:
I am a farily religous person,and i tilt to the right a bit.

That being said, i have an open mind, and it pisses me off when a fucktard like tom cruise or some bitch with a fake brittish accent repersents god for me, via the television.

I guess it goes to show how much i hate celebs

I'm cool with Cruise. The media wants me to hate him, so I just love him more. FUCK YOU, MEDIA!

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mar 16 2006 12:55 am Reply with quote Back to top

I don't really hate Cruise, but I don't like him either. I'll like Tom Cruise when he starts making good movies on a regular basis again.

MI:3? No thanks.
War of the Worlds? Pass.
Collateral? Yawn.

Last Samurai, Vanilla Sky, and Minority Report were all decent films, but what was the last truly great film that Cruise was in? Probably Magnolia, and that was SEVEN YEARS AGO. Here's a guy who virtually every movie he made between 1983 and 1994 kicked ass (except maybe Far And Away) and now he's just an overpaid actor with ignorant opinions on medicine. It's sad.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Tebor
PostPosted: Mar 16 2006 09:30 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
I don't really hate Cruise, but I don't like him either. I'll like Tom Cruise when he starts making good movies on a regular basis again.

MI:3? No thanks.
War of the Worlds? Pass.
Collateral? Yawn.

Last Samurai, Vanilla Sky, and Minority Report were all decent films, but what was the last truly great film that Cruise was in? Probably Magnolia, and that was SEVEN YEARS AGO. Here's a guy who virtually every movie he made between 1983 and 1994 kicked ass (except maybe Far And Away) and now he's just an overpaid actor with ignorant opinions on medecine. It's sad.

Dude, Collateral was the shit! Michael Mann is as God-like as people can get. Wait till "Miami Vice". That movie is going to make "Heat" look like "Manhunter"! Of course, Cruise won't be in it, but whatever.

M:I 3 Is also going to be excellent because of one person: J.J. Abrams. I don't think anyone else in the industry is as much of a genius as that guy.

I know, I know, we're talking about Cruise, but Cruise has worked with some of the best filmmakers of all time and he's usually at his best when he works with them... except for that fat, hairy blob known as Kubrick...

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mar 16 2006 10:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe Mission: Impossible 3 will be good, I don't know. But I was so disengaged by the first two, it's hard for me to get psyched for this one. Although I did like the second one slightly more than the first, so I guess it follows that the third one could be slightly better too.
Tebor
PostPosted: Mar 17 2006 12:10 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Maybe Mission: Impossible 3 will be good, I don't know. But I was so disengaged by the first two, it's hard for me to get psyched for this one. Although I did like the second one slightly more than the first, so I guess it follows that the third one could be slightly better too.

I'm a waaaaaaaaaaay bigger fan of De Palma's opus. It felt like an homage to some genre and time period of film... plus:

*spoilers*
THE GIRL DIES AT THE END!!! YES!!! EAT THAT HAPPY HOLLYWOOD ENDINGS! Not since "Lethal Weapon 2" had that device worked so well, cause Se7en was just funny.

Of course, this is not mentioning John Woo really hasn't made a great film since his HK days. "Face/Off" is as good as it gets.

This topic is getting way too "Movie" category... Arrow

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mar 17 2006 12:55 am Reply with quote Back to top

I would argue that Mission: Impossible was the beginning of the end for De Palma. After that, we got Snake Eyes and then Mission To Mars and Femme Fatale. Snake Eyes almost succeeded in its film noir aspirations, but revealing the bad guy to the audience way before Nicholas Cage figured out was just plain bizarre. It was the type of the thing that's only supposed to happen in murder mystery shows where aging TV stars solves crimes, not $73 million Hollywood films. To its credit, Snake Eyes is beautifully shot. Mission To Mars was terrible and I didn't even bother to see Femme Fatale. Judging by the box office figures, no one else did either.
Tebor
PostPosted: Mar 17 2006 01:26 am Reply with quote Back to top

Right on Femme, I didn't see it. "Mission to Mars" I'll defend. I think it's the better movie over "Red Planet". Albeit, "Red Planet" had more laughs and booyas, but it really was a stupid, stupid movie. Of course, I love all films, so "Red Planet" is still well liked for ZOD!!!!!

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mar 17 2006 01:44 am Reply with quote Back to top

My favorite Mars movie from that era was Ghosts of Mars. Sure, it was pretty much just a remake of Assault on Precinct 13, but it was a much better movie than the ACTUAL remake of Assault on Precinct 13.
DarkMaze
PostPosted: Mar 17 2006 12:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Mission to Mars was particularly terrible in it's blatant thievery from other, better movies, like 2001: A Space Odyssey. It's like De Palma was hoping no one would notice.

Actually, it was probably meant to be "homage." But instead he just crossed the line into crappy rip-off. Over and over again.
S. McCracken
Title: Enforcer
PostPosted: Mar 17 2006 04:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I can't believe I have to be the one to talk about being off-topic. For shame!!!

DarkMaze
PostPosted: Mar 18 2006 01:20 am Reply with quote Back to top

S. McCracken wrote:
I can't believe I have to be the one to talk about being off-topic. For shame!!!

Oh, did I say "Mission to Mars"? I meant "Scientology". Don't you just hate how the Church of Scientology totally ripped off 2001? Bastards.
Tebor
PostPosted: Mar 18 2006 04:37 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
My favorite Mars movie from that era was Ghosts of Mars. Sure, it was pretty much just a remake of Assault on Precinct 13, but it was a much better movie than the ACTUAL remake of Assault on Precinct 13.

I always thought "Ghosts of Mars" was a rip off of "Pitch Black" despite they were two incredibly different movies, developed at different times, and somehow got released at a similar time... But now that you mention it, "Ghosts of Mars" is kind of a remake... kinda like how "Escape From LA" is both a sequel and a remake... And Snake Plissken is still a fucking badass in both!

But, back to the topic, Snake Plissken does NOT subscribe to Scientology.

Reply to topic

Jump to: