"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Another Ruined Childhood Memory

Reply to topic
Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Oct 31 2005 12:13 am Reply with quote Back to top

I watched an episode of 'The Real Ghostbusters' today, and boy was it a let down. I was pretty excited at first, I mean, I haven't seen the show in years, but it just didn't live up to what it used to be to me. Maybe it was just the episode Teletoon decided to air. I would've aired the 'Boo York' episode, cuz as far as I can remember, that was the scariest episode of the entire series. Oh well.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Oct 31 2005 03:24 am Reply with quote Back to top

TRG will NEVER be a ruined childhood memory for me. Hell, if Extreme couldn't do it, nothing can. SEASON SETS SEASON SET SEASON SETS!

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Oct 31 2005 07:02 am Reply with quote Back to top

What episode did you see?

As I do recall, there were some pretty good episodes of the show:

1. Anything with the Boogey Man. He used to scare the hell out of me.
2. The one where Peter (I think) busts the Ghost of Christmas Past and accidentally destroys Christmas.
3. The one with the super powerful ghost who absorbed other ghosts and almost killed Slimer
4. One where they let the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man out of containment to fight some other ghost.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Oct 31 2005 09:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Adding to Stay Puff, the one where they release him for a charity event. The ending shot of all the kids playing on him brings tears to my eyes.

One of my favorites was the Ghost that destroyed cities and turned them into deserts. Peter and Slimer also develop allergies.

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

OctoMan
PostPosted: Oct 31 2005 10:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Oh man, do you guys find that in general though, that when you see old stuff from your childhood it's just never as good as what you remembered it being? It happens to me so much. Crying
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Oct 31 2005 10:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Heathcliff wasn't quite as good as I remembered. Wordsworth in particular was pretty fucking annoying.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Valdronius
PostPosted: Oct 31 2005 10:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The episode that was on was the one where Slimer gets hired as some nerds bodyguard, cuz the nerd gets picked on by a gang. Then the gang invites a bunch of Barrow Wights into the real world.

Klimbatize wrote:

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Nov 02 2005 10:57 am Reply with quote Back to top

Tuckster wrote:
Oh man, do you guys find that in general though, that when you see old stuff from your childhood it's just never as good as what you remembered it being? It happens to me so much. Crying

Silverhawks screams to mind.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Nov 02 2005 06:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Tuckster wrote:

I watched Tranformers: The Movie last year for the first time since 1990 and it was crap. Hell, it was worse than crap.
Valdronius
PostPosted: Nov 02 2005 06:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
I watched Tranformers: The Movie last year for the first time since 1990 and it was crap. Hell, it was worse than crap.

Any movie that feature's Weird Al's 'Dare to be Stupid' during a scene in a junk yard is ok in my book.

Klimbatize wrote:

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Nov 02 2005 07:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Admittedly, it does have the best songs ever.

YOU'VE GOT THE TOUCH! YOU'VE GOT THE POWER! WHOAAAAAAA!
narc
PostPosted: Feb 06 2006 12:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

the ghost that ate the other ghosts was Meekrah (sp). for some reason i remember this episode pretty well. Peter builds a machine that attracts ghosts but egon and ray are baffled since the main components are like paper clips and chewing gum.......but the line of ghosts waiting to hop in the containment unit keeps growing. they are trying to hide from the war path of Meekrah. i believe that was the first saturday morning episode they aired. that's when they started splitting it into one part ghost busters episode and one part slimer and friends. i also liked the episode where stay puft fights that giant mantis thing. they may have even gotten stay puft to fight meekrah, i don't remember how it ends. now i'm pissed because that episode brought up the cereals i used to eat during that time period that are not available anymore. dunkin' donuts cereal and ice cream cones cereal. Sad
Murdar Machene
Title: bimmy
PostPosted: Mar 12 2006 11:47 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Admittedly, it does have the best songs ever.

YOU'VE GOT THE TOUCH! YOU'VE GOT THE POWER! WHOAAAAAAA!

I believe it's "You've got the power, YEAAAHH!" not, WHOAAAA you IDIOT. I'm cooler than you because I know Stan Bush lyrics and why am I explaining this to you you are so dum Cool

On a ghostbusters related note, did anyone have that ghostbusters flashlight projector toy thing as a kid? I had one and my dad would always scare the shit out of me with that thing. Boy, I was a dumb kid.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mar 12 2006 04:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I was doing it from memory. Sure I could have taken the few extra seconds to look up the lyrics on Yahoo or I could have searched around my hard drive for the mp3 and listened to it, but you know what? I'M KINDA LAZY.
Murdar Machene
Title: bimmy
PostPosted: Mar 12 2006 11:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I think I lose by default for knowing the stan bush lyrics better. Also, I own the soundtrack.
Reply to topic

Jump to: