[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Game Destroyers webcomic

Reply to topic
UsaSatsui
Title: The White Rabbit
PostPosted: Nov 08 2009 09:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hacker wrote:

The last time I went to wal-mart I pulled a shopping cart out for an old lady. She didn't ask for help but was glad I did

The proper analogy here is you shoving a shopping cart into the hands of an old lady who has told you she doesn't need one more than once.

If people want help and advice, fine. If they don't, MYOB.
Optimist With Doubts
Title: Titlating
PostPosted: Nov 08 2009 11:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Reminds me of this

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Nov 19 2009 03:08 am Reply with quote Back to top

So how long of a hiatus are we talking about here, Fernin?

Fernin
Title: Comic Author
PostPosted: Nov 20 2009 11:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Your guess is as good as mine, unfortunately. :\

My site admin told me on Sunday that it'd be back sometime this week, possibly by Tuesday. On Wednesday, he said by the end of the week. And... it's just about the end of the week now... still no word from him.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Nov 22 2009 03:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yayyy the comic is back. New storyline too, sweet!

Fernin
PostPosted: Nov 24 2009 02:36 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yay for real now, not only is the site back up, the comic upload forms are in working order again, so normal updates can resume! Very Happy

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Nov 24 2009 12:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Huzzah!! Been missing it and looking forward to it being back!

Just made Turkey Day a lot nicer Very Happy

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Fernin
PostPosted: Nov 24 2009 09:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

...And it's down again, as Matt works on an upgrade and straightening a few more things out. Kinda fun IM conversation about it... (with his name changed, of course)

Matt: ok, the site's back down again. tried upgrading from 1.7.0 to 1.7.1 and lost the database
Matt: luckily i have an image from right after the move, so i should have minimal loss
Fernin320: ouch... though, minimal loss is good
Fernin320: keep me posted on how things go and if you need anything from me
Matt: a copy of win2008server?
Fernin320: lol

SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Nov 24 2009 09:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

*holds back a frustrated scream*

If you tell him one of your close friends has access to ARs and pistols, will it make him work any faster? Wink

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Fernin
PostPosted: Nov 24 2009 10:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, seems I didn't need to make that last post at all, he got things back up again. ...There's just no guarantees on the uploader tonight, so we'll see.

Slayer1
Title: ,,!,, for you know who
PostPosted: Nov 28 2009 11:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I go away for a week and this is what happens? DAMN YOU SIR!
Arf
PostPosted: Nov 29 2009 01:03 am Reply with quote Back to top

You should read Kid Radd. I've read a couple of the first comics and this reminded me a LOT about it.
Also, it shows how animation in a comic should be done.
Fernin
PostPosted: Nov 29 2009 02:35 am Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for offhandedly insulting my animated strips, I feel loads better now. Simply reading through Kid Radd doesn't magically make other sprite artists into better animators, though. Wink

I have read Kid Radd, more times than I can remember, it may well be the best sprite comic on the internet. It and Bob and George were among my inspirations for starting the comic, and I've tried to do a lot to distance my own plot from Kid Radd's (or, if you want to look at it this way, I've tried not to outright copy it whenever I can).

Fernin
PostPosted: Dec 07 2009 08:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Way back in August, I contacted a bunch of different sites that either review or blog about webcomics, but I never heard back from any of them... Until now.

Delos of ArtPatient.com has reviewed my comic, and it's nothing short of glowing. Very Happy

Captain_Pollution
Title: Hugh
PostPosted: Dec 08 2009 09:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Captain_Pollution wrote:
I may have said I'd do it back in what, February? Regardless, I read the comic, the whole damned thing. Good stuff. Now I'm just waiting to appear in it and I'll be happy.

Now I'm happy.

<Drew_Linky> Well, I've eaten vegetables all of once in my life.

Fernin
PostPosted: Jan 11 2010 08:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

With the upcoming site redesign, I'm finally getting around to updating/rewriting the FAQ page... but any good FAQ needs actual questions.

So, ask any questions you may have, serious or otherwise, and they might end up on the site. Very Happy

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Jan 14 2010 08:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Have you ever recieved a Cease and Desist order from any game companies?

Fernin
PostPosted: Mar 17 2010 04:06 am Reply with quote Back to top

First off, I have to apologize for the very lengthy hiatus, and I assure you that I will be returning... fairly soon.

Second, and the main reason I bumped this... I've been working for about three years now (on and off, of course) on a Game Destroyers game using the RPG Maker XP. You were all so helpful to Knyte in giving his game a try, I figured I'd take advant... ask for your assistance as well. Very Happy

Unfortunately, since my game is made on the RPG Maker, it's a helluva lot more bothersome to get setup, nowhere near as nice as Knyte's single-step process. I'll understand if you don't want to be bothered with this crap...

For those of you that do, here's how you install the 64% done Game Destroyers Choose Your Own Adventure game:

Download the RPG Maker XP. In the SetupMenu, install the RGSS-RTP Standard. The RPG Maker XP itself isn't needed to play my game, but you can install it for the hell of it if you want. After that, grab the game itself. That has the game file itself (Choose.exe, which unpacks the game) and a Fonts folder, which has all the fonts that the game uses. Make sure you have those fonts installed, otherwise you'll get plenty of blank windows with no text in them. The Game.exe in the Choose folder'll start the game up, easily for folks on XP... possibly not so easily for folks on Vista or 7. If it acts wonky, try this video for help.

Since it's essentially an interactive movie, there's not much at all in the way of controls, just the arrow keys and spacebar/enter to interact with things.

Let me know what you think (and if you find any glaring errors), I'm looking forward to your feedback. Smile

Captain_Pollution
Title: Hugh
PostPosted: Mar 17 2010 08:28 am Reply with quote Back to top

Besides everything I already said, I'd also like to add that the Otaku's font was kind of bitchy to read, and to make sure you got it when I said that when Ace says about asking and threatening, they should probably be in quotes.

<Drew_Linky> Well, I've eaten vegetables all of once in my life.

Fernin
PostPosted: Jul 04 2010 05:01 am Reply with quote Back to top

So, my site admin is finally working on the new site layout (which means the comic is finally, actually nearly back, woo!), but I could use some opinions on the "pause screen". I don't much like the blue VCR-like pause button it has now, and I could use some suggestions...

Of the NES games that actually have a pause screen (as in, those that don't simply freeze the game), what would be your favorite? Which one should I try to emulate?

Hacker
Banned
PostPosted: Aug 15 2010 12:41 am Reply with quote Back to top

Woo Game Destroyers is back Very Happy
Fern's even continuing the story line...after making several comics to tie up some loose ends that are pretty entertaining.
I recommend his fans to get back to reading this
JonSnow
PostPosted: Aug 15 2010 02:12 am Reply with quote Back to top

Never read an issue.. but just gave a +1 to Game Destroyers.

Read the review, seems it would be nostalgic and fun.

The One Truth Will Prevail
Brawl Code: 1805-1876-7506

Reply to topic

Jump to: