"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
NationStates

Reply to topic
Spanish Meatloaf
Title: Denim Clad Road Warrior
PostPosted: Jun 11 2010 02:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I know almost none of you probably know what the fuck nationstates is. It's a kickass political simulator (not war and shit but actual politics and economy) on the web.

www.nationstates.net

You make decisions on issues they give you and It decides what kind of nation you will become. Also there is a economy calculator out there that gives you the hard numbers on your nation

www.nseconomy.thirdgeek.com

the entire community acts as a governing online body for the virtual world it's pretty fun.

HERES MY NATION'S SUMMARY

Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy
Civil Rights:Good
Economy:Frightening
Political Freedoms:Very Good

Regional Influence: Minnow

The Zogist Empire of Daftatt is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by the almighty Skybear Zogu with a fair hand, and remarkable for its parental licensing program. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 3.337 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Goldenrod. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.

Max Barry is this year's Miss Daftatt, wealthy parents-to-be can select their perfect baby, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, and Zoguerilla is one of the most popular forenames in Daftatt. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Daftatt's national animal is the Zoguerilla, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Tatt.

Daftatt is ranked 16th in the region and 29,921st in the world for Laxest Drug Laws.
If you try it out my nation is Daftatt and my region is Fidelia.

and yes, IT IS A FUCKING GAME! Very Happy

Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Jun 11 2010 02:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Your average tax rate is 100%?

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Jun 11 2010 03:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ha. I made my own nation...

... Maybe everyone from Sydlexia could join together in a region with Syd as the leader?

https://discord.gg/homestuck is where you can find me literally 99% of the time. Stop on by if you feel like it, we're a nice crowd.

Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Jun 11 2010 04:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

A bunch of us came across Nation States today, so we decided to create a Sydlexia region for anyone from Sydlexia who has a nation on the site. If you want to create a nation, click here, and once you've created one click here to join the Sydlexia region.

https://discord.gg/homestuck is where you can find me literally 99% of the time. Stop on by if you feel like it, we're a nice crowd.

UsaSatsui
Title: The White Rabbit
PostPosted: Jun 11 2010 07:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I did the Nationstates like 7 years ago. It was fun.
Rycona
Title: The Maestro
PostPosted: Jun 11 2010 07:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The Rogue Nation of Ryconacola
“Glory to the Xorse!”

Category: Left-Leaning College State
Civil Rights: Superb
Economy: Good
Political Freedoms: Below Average

The Rogue Nation of Ryconacola is a fledgling, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its absence of drug laws. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 5 million enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.

The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 16%. A small private sector is led by the Door-to-door Insurance Sales industry, followed by Information Technology and Soda Sales.

Crime is a problem, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Ryconacola's national animal is the xorse, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the horca.

RIP Hacker.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jun 11 2010 10:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I got sick of Nation States. The UN is completely awful, and after like a month of making decisions, you're getting the same questions over and over again. At least, that's how it was 5 five years ago when I played. Maybe it's less repetitive now. I might be willing to give it another shot. I probably shouldn't though, I already spend way too much time not writing.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
awsgames
PostPosted: Jun 11 2010 11:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Just made my country Awsgamia and joined the SLFS. This looks like it might be fun.
Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Jun 12 2010 07:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, we're currently working out how to arrange things for ourselves. Like, a governing body and shit. It's going to be fun.

Teralyx
Title: Master Exploder
PostPosted: Jun 12 2010 08:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The Armed Republic Of ToGdoria
Civil Rights: Good
Economy: Reasonable
Political Freedoms: Excellent

The Republic of ToGdoria is a fledgling, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its burgeoning vulture population. Its hard-nosed, intelligent population of 5 million have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

The medium-sized government devotes most of its attentions to Law & Order, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Social Welfare receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 20%, but much higher for the wealthy. A healthy private sector is led by the Automobile Manufacturing, Soda Sales, and Beef-Based Agriculture industries.

Crime is a problem. ToGdoria's national animal is the vulture, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the valued item.

<TheFlamingSchnitzel> Didn't your mom teach you not to punch girls?
<FigNewton> I was too busy /punchin' her/

Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Jun 12 2010 09:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The Republic of Elnia is a fledgling, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its burgeoning owl population. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 6 million have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

The small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Healthcare. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 9%. A large private sector is led by the Soda Sales, Trout Farming, and Woodchip Exports industries.

Voting is compulsory. Crime is a problem, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Elnia's national animal is the owl, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the lenk.

Elnia is ranked 2nd in the region and 19,090th in the world for Laxest Drug Laws.

Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
Title: 2011 Picnic/Death Champ
PostPosted: Jun 12 2010 09:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

If I made one of these I'd go hardcore fascist.

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

awsgames
PostPosted: Jun 12 2010 09:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The Kingdom of Awsgamia is a fledgling, economically powerful nation, notable for its compulsory military service. Its compassionate, hard-working population of 6 million are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.

The medium-sized, pro-business government devotes most of its attentions to Law & Order, with areas such as Social Welfare and Commerce receiving almost no funds by comparison. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 11%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Automobile Manufacturing industries.

Voting is compulsory and the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas. Crime is a serious problem. Awsgamia's national animal is the Red-backed Land-Shark, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the Awsgram.

Awsgamia is ranked 5th in the region and 35,214th in the world for Laxest Drug Laws.
Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Jun 12 2010 09:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I have the least lax drug laws in our region. That should surprise no one.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Jun 12 2010 10:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It really doesn't... Razz

M3GA MAN
Title: The Big A
PostPosted: Jun 12 2010 10:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I joined like 20 minutes ago, it's a pretty damn cool sim.
Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Jun 12 2010 10:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

M3GA MAN wrote:
I joined like 20 minutes ago, it's a pretty damn cool sim.

Join usss.

JimmyLazer
Title: Always bored
PostPosted: Jun 12 2010 11:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The People's Republic of Feistari

“Evinco est praevaleo!” (In Conquest Victory)

Regional Influence: Superpower

The People's Republic of Feistari is a fledgling, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its strong anti-business politics. Its hard-nosed, cynical population of 6 million are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Defence, and Religion & Spirituality. The average income tax rate is 47%, but much higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Cheese Exports.

Voting is compulsory and Space Whaless are considered a delicacy. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low. Feistari's national animal is the Space Whales, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Gremel.

Feistari is ranked 4th in the region and 19,092nd in the world for Laxest Drug Laws.
LowEndLem
Title: Not Gay
PostPosted: Jun 12 2010 11:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The Republic of Lemmostan!

“Who put this here?”

Category: Left-Leaning College State
Economy: Strong
Political Freedoms: Average

The Republic of Lemmostan is a fledgling, socially progressive nation, notable for its absence of drug laws. Its compassionate, hard-working population of 5 million enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.

The medium-sized, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 14%. A robust private sector is led by the Soda Sales, Information Technology, and Automobile Manufacturing industries.

Crime is a problem, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Lemmostan's national animal is the lemming, and its currency is the dollerydoo.

<docinsano>i beat off using save states

<Tako> But, brontosaurs ate plants. It wouldn't be a threat to Jesus.

Why? Fuck you, that's why.

nihilisticglee
PostPosted: Jun 13 2010 01:35 am Reply with quote Back to top

The Allied States of NihilisticGlee

“What Do They Know?”

Category: Scandinavian Liberal Paradise
Economy: Fragile
Political Freedoms: Excellent

The Allied States of NihilisticGlee is a fledgling, socially progressive nation, renowned for its complete lack of prisons. Its intelligent population of 5 million enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.

The enormous, socially-minded government devotes most of its attentions to Social Welfare, with areas such as Law & Order and Religion & Spirituality receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 38%, but much higher for the wealthy. A tiny private sector is dominated by the Soda Sales industry.

Crime is well under control. NihilisticGlee's national animal is the polar bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the kilodollar.
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Jun 13 2010 02:39 am Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=dravoria

The Kingdom of Dravoria

“Live and Let Live”

Category: Corrupt Dictatorship
Civil Rights: Average
Political Freedoms: Outlawed

The Kingdom of Dravoria is a tiny, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its compulsory military service. Its cynical population of 7 million are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.

The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded government concentrates mainly on Law & Order, although Commerce and Education are on the agenda. The average income tax rate is 36%, but much higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Book Publishing.

Elections have been outlawed. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Dravoria's national animal is the dragon, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the gil.

Dravoria is ranked 676th in the region and 33,141st in the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Jun 13 2010 07:13 am Reply with quote Back to top

The Holy Empire of Scray
“I'll show you yours if you show me mine.”

Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy
Civil Rights: Good
Political Freedoms: Some

The Holy Empire of Scray is a fledgling, devout nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed population of 5 million have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

The enormous government is mainly concerned with Religion & Spirituality, although Education and Social Welfare are on the agenda. The average income tax rate is 30%, but much higher for the wealthy. A large private sector is led by the Trout Farming, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports industries.

Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low. Scray's national animal is the hawk, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the leviticus.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Optimist With Doubts
Title: Titlating
PostPosted: Jun 13 2010 02:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=owdassia
The Republic of OWDASSIA

“Always look on the bright side of life”

The Republic of OWDASSIA is a fledgling, socially progressive nation, renowned for its complete lack of prisons. Its compassionate population of 5 million are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.

The large, socially-minded government devotes most of its attentions to Social Welfare, with areas such as Law & Order and Religion & Spirituality receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 31%, but much higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Cheese Exports.

Crime is relatively low. OWDASSIA's national animal is the lyger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the pogs.

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Jun 13 2010 09:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, a black market for cheese. Awesome.

Scray has aligned itself with the SLFS

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Optimist With Doubts
Title: Titlating
PostPosted: Jun 14 2010 09:44 am Reply with quote Back to top

SLFS am I making the right call?
# "The fact is, the lyger population is out of control," says Beef-Based Agriculture spokesperson Randy Hamilton. "We have to do something about them anyway, so why not market them as tasty snacks? We could have lyger kebabs, lyger pies, lyger-on-a-sticks--the possibilities are endless! Let's not pass up this golden opportunity to provide a feast, if you will, for our economy."

# "I agree that something needs to be done about lyger over-population," says random passer-by Hope Mistletoe, "but eating them? That's kind of gross. Let's just shoot the ones we have to and shovel their bodies into ditches like normal."

This is the position your government is preparing to adopt.

# "I am shocked and appalled!" declared SPCA President Abraham Hamilton. "If anyone needs to be culled, it's us humans. The lygers were here first, remember? We need to take this as a sign to get our industry--agriculture in particular--to back off. The lyger is part of what makes OWDASSIA a great nation!"

Reply to topic

Jump to: