[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Shmup 1cc question

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: May 16 2010 07:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Most shmups these days have a restart option from the pause screen, which sends you back to the start of the last level you completed with whatever you had for score, lives, power-ups, bombs, and whatever the game might let you accumulate. My question is this: do restarts count against a 1cc? If not, I think I might actually be able to 1cc Espgaluda II....
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
PhreQuencYViii
Title: olololol
PostPosted: May 16 2010 08:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I think that counts against it.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
lavalarva
2011 SNES Champ
PostPosted: May 16 2010 09:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

You can't do that in an arcade, so yes, they count against a 1cc. That's pretty much the same thing as using a Continue, honestly.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: May 16 2010 09:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So we don't have a definite answer. We have an "I don't think so" and an "I don't think it should".

The question is in regards to XBox Achievements, not in regard to being a true gamer or any bullshit like that.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
V.B.D.
PostPosted: May 16 2010 10:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
The question is in regards to XBox Achievements, not in regard to being a true gamer or any bullshit like that.

Achievements aren't standardized so that's going to vary from game to game. Look up the games on an achievement management site, such as:

http://www.trueachievements.com/

It's basically where achievement whores break down the easiest ways to get every achievement for a given game. If there is such a workaround, it would be mentioned on there.
lavalarva
2011 SNES Champ
PostPosted: May 16 2010 10:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6281&start=60

You can't get ANY achievement from restarting, even in the first stage, according to this site. Unless this is the wrong game somehow.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: May 16 2010 10:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well fair enough. Wonder why they even include the option, since you can just continue.
The Opponent
Title: Forum Battle WINNER
PostPosted: May 16 2010 10:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It's for practicing. In the PS2 version of the first Mushihime-sama, you can restart stages in the arrange mode, but you're not allowed to continue at all. If you restart and get game over, you're told to try again without restarting in broken English as if to mock you. And you don't rank in. So I would think that restarting is discouraged in this one too.

I'm not a bad enough dude, but I am an edgy little shit. I'll do what I can.

lavalarva
2011 SNES Champ
PostPosted: May 16 2010 10:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Do those games have a Stage Practice mode?
PhreQuencYViii
Title: olololol
PostPosted: May 17 2010 01:31 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:

LOL, thats what I thought you meant, was for achievements. I think Raiden Fighter Aces lets you do that at least.

YOU DON'T WANT TO BE A TRUE GAMER????

I knew a guy who could do it on somethingsomething black label. Dondonpachi? He had the arcade board and all this crap. It was insane.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
GPFontaine
PostPosted: May 17 2010 08:01 am Reply with quote Back to top

Well, it took me a while to finally understand what Syd was asking about in this post. I don't have an answer, but I am able to say that I now know what both shmup and 1cc mean.

Reply to topic

Jump to: