SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Presidential Address to the Nation

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Dec 18 2005 10:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So, I can't watch Family Guy cause he is on. Thoughts on his speech?

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Dec 18 2005 11:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

9 PM on Sunday is a terrible time for a presidential address. Oh well, at least it was short and Family Guy aired right after. And Family Guy was fucking great.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Tebor
PostPosted: Dec 19 2005 01:13 am Reply with quote Back to top

There were a lot of old school-old school references. I was impressed by that "12" number. It looked just like the show... what was that, Sesame Street?

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Dec 19 2005 11:36 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, Sesame Street.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
SamanthaMcPoopenstein
Title: Gadabout Ragamuffin
PostPosted: Dec 21 2005 08:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I almost wept with joy (I just settled for laughing my ass off) when they did the pinball number 12 parody. Ever since they made fun of the Electric Company with the whole 'fat' thing, I had the craziest feeling they might tie in that old Sesame Street short cartoon.

1-2-3-4-5! 6-7-8-9-10! eleven, TWELVE!
mcdusher
PostPosted: Feb 22 2006 10:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

EVERYTHING BUSH SAYS IS A LIE
HE IS JUST CONSTANTLY SAYING WHAT HE HAS TO SAY TO ANOUNCE THE NEXT AGEND OF THE COUNTRY

WHAT IS THAT?
I DONT KNOW
THE PRESIDENT DOESNT KNOW
HE KNOWS MORE THAN US BUT ITS JSUT LIES
TO INTRODUSE THE NEXT THING THE NEXT WAR
THE NEXT THING FOR US TO BE SCARED OF
FIRST THERE IS MENTION OF IT
THE THERE IS TERMANOLOGY INVENTION
YOU KNOW CUTE LITTLE PHRASES TO MAKE US COMFORTABLE WITH THEIR BULLSHIT, LIKE DOMESTIC SERVAILANCE INSTEAD OF HOMELAND SPYING
THAN ONES THEY HAVE SIMPLAFIED THE ISUES INTO HOUSE HOLD TERMS
ALL THEY HAVE TO DO IS SCARE US INTO LETTING THEM GO TO WAR WITH WHOM EVER THEY WANT
WHY DO YOU THINK THEY ARE MENTIONING IRAN AND SERIA NOW
FURTHER MORE WHY DO YOU THINK FOX NEWS
WHICH IS OWNED BY RUPER MERDOCK (A VERRY POWERFUL REPUBLICAN)
IS STARTING TO BACK HILLARY CLINTON. HMMM
THEY HAVENT BACKED A DEMACRAT SINCE BILL CLINTON
ITS ALL PART OF THE AGENDA
ITS A SIMPLE AS HILARY WILL BE THE NEXT ONE TO SPITTING THE LIES THAT INTRODUCE THAT AGENDA. WHICH IS THE SAME REGARDLESS OF WHO IS IN OFFICE
Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: Feb 23 2006 12:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

mcdusher, as a rule of etiquette, it's not polite to revive threads that died months ago. I know you're new to the forum, and thusly everything on it is new to you, but to dredge up a thread from December just to spout political nonsense is not a good way to make friends here. You can believe all the left wing propganda that you want, but not everything Bush says is a lie, and while I think he's a terrible president, I do honestly believe he has our nation's best interest in mind. He may not necessarily deliver, but he's not like Mr. Burns plotting to make us all miserable. Also, EVERY politician says what they have to to try and push their agenda. That's the de facto definition of politics.

And to answer a couple of your questions...
Why are they now mentioning Iran and Syria? Well Iran's government openly sponsers terrorism and should have been our first target in the war on terror instead of Iraq. I can't speak for Syria, but I believe it's a similar situation. (And no, I'm not saying this because that's the new agenda Bush is pushing. When we started fighting Iraq I started asking "Doesn't it make more sense to go after Iran?"

Why is Fox News backing Hillary Clinton? First of all, as a news organization they can't officially back any political candidate. Second of all, Hillary Clinton is revealing more and more her deviations from the ideology of the Democratic party and is appealing to the more conservative/traditional Americans. Of course, this is probably the same agenda pushing bullshit as mentioned before, but that's the deal with Hillary.

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Feb 23 2006 01:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

We probably SHOULD go to war with Iran. Iran is in the process of developing nuclear weapons. Now I support non-proliferation of nukes, but I don't think non-proliferation is a good reason to go to war. But look at that whole fucking thing with the comics. THEY ARE STILL FREAKING OUT OVER A FEW LOUSY COMICS.

I would be offended if someone made a particularly blasphemous comic featuring Jesus, but I wouldn't burn down embassies or riot or threaten death upon newspaper editors. The response to the Muhummad comics has been completely unreasonable and barbaric. Now imagine if these crazy bastards had a nuclear bomb. Instead of cutting diplomatic ties with Denmark, Iran would be bombing them.

So yeah, we definitely need to do something about Iran. I think air strikes should be enough, we don't need another damn war.
Tebor
PostPosted: Feb 24 2006 08:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Somehow this thread was never supposed to be about politics, but instead Family Guy... what the heck happened?

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Feb 24 2006 09:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

McDusher's conspiracy theory--directed by Mel Gibson. Razz

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to: