"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
I am officially a wrestlign fan again.

Reply to topic
FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Apr 26 2010 12:02 am Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know who watched EXTREEEEME RULES tonight on PPV, but Cena beat Batista in a last man standing match by duct taping him to the ring.

This was the big finish to the main event of the PPV.

This might have been the finish to Batista's last match ever.

This was awesome.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Apr 26 2010 12:59 am Reply with quote Back to top

At the next PPV he's going to staple gun his tights to the mat.

I honestly didn't like the finish, but that's only because Cena is as stale as they come.
Ghandi
Title: Alexz Aficionado
PostPosted: Apr 26 2010 03:29 am Reply with quote Back to top

They should have a rematch and duct tape them both to the ring and call it a First Man Standing match.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

Doddsino
PostPosted: Apr 26 2010 04:55 am Reply with quote Back to top

Batista is likely gone from the WWE. Which is a shame, since he was easily the best thing going on Raw.
Pandajuice
Title: The Power of Grayskull
PostPosted: Apr 26 2010 06:39 am Reply with quote Back to top

My 6 and 10 year old stepsons like wrestling too. John Cena is the 6 year old's favorite.
uncle joe
PostPosted: Apr 26 2010 07:09 am Reply with quote Back to top

This PPV rocked my cock.

Swagger Orton was good. What surprised me was how good Swagger has gotten.

Rey/Punk was disgustingly awesome. Oh shit that shit was great.

Bats Cena was solid in the beginning, great in the last few minutes and amazing because of the finish.

Best overall PPV in a long time.

Chile Guy
Title: Token Latino Otaku
PostPosted: Apr 26 2010 08:06 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, the PPV was fine. Only lowlight was the strap match between two former tag partners who no one ever cared about. Other than that, no complains.

Ba'al
Title: Zerg Zergling
PostPosted: Apr 26 2010 11:40 am Reply with quote Back to top

I was hearing mixed opinions on this PPV, much like the end of the Batista/Cena match. Looks like I'll need to watch myself to get my own take on it. I was glad that Swagger won, apparently cleanly too. He needs more credibility as a main eventer if they hope to make him one, well besides having awesome matches with everyone. He still needs to act like Biff from BttF, that would get him over faster than ever.

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Apr 26 2010 11:50 am Reply with quote Back to top

honestly I don't really like wrestling much, and most of the PPV bored me, but the main event't had a great finish. That's some sort of al snow shit right there.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Apr 26 2010 04:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I for one, am not happy Swagger won. I like the guy and all, but it just doesn't seem like his time. Like I said before, he was curtain jerking Superstars just a few short months ago and now it's believable he can keep up with Orton?

Orton on the other hand has just been plain awesome. There was about a 20 second period in that match where Orton threw Swagger to the outside and just unleashed rage on him, especially the trashcan shot, looked "legit". Orton has come a very very long way since 2004 where he was botching left and right, quite possibly the most interesting face on Raw.
Ba'al
PostPosted: Apr 26 2010 08:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I actually agree on both accounts, the Raw writers did a horrible job with Swagger by not having him do anything and making him constantly be on Superstars. I'm hoping they really do not have Orton switch brands, he can easily be the next big anti-hero to maybe bring in the next Attitude Era.

But that's being optimistic, methinks.

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Apr 26 2010 10:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think that Vince wants another attitude era.

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Apr 27 2010 01:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Doddsino wrote:
[Orton]...quite possibly the most interesting face on Raw.

I wouldn't call him a face. He hasn't changed anything about his character, they have just been fueding him against other heels, and he has not being cheating as much.

I would call him a Tweener at this point.
Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Apr 27 2010 04:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I think when they dissolved legacy they intended Rhodes and Dibiase to be the faces. That's the vibe I got anyway.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Adrenaline
Title: Local Canadian!
PostPosted: Apr 27 2010 09:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I watched this match online and someone said its the biggest screw over since Bret Hart which made me think.. " The Baltimore Tape Job " Rolling Eyes

Doddsino
PostPosted: May 10 2010 09:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Holy Shit...it literally took about 40 minutes to go from excited wrestling fan to not giving a fuck again.

First and foremost, the guest hosts continue, however Raw does have a GM now; Vickie Guerrero. There's very few people that make me literally hate watching, but she's one of them, quite possibly one of the worst actors I've ever seen. It's amazing that she's been brought back because everything she has already done has been rehashed already, and once again has alligned herself with Edge. AGAIN!

Also due to the fact that Ted Dibiase Jr. is absolutely a charismatic blackhole, a guy who couldn't cut a promo or draw heat if he was a stove, he decided to adopte his father's gimmick. How fucking pathetic. And while I like the idea of the Colons turning heel, I wish they hadn't alligned themselves with this dumbass. Meanwhile Cody Rhodes has been able to thrive after the draft due to the fact he IS charismatic and can wrestle, he doesn't need daddy's gimmick. Imagine that after Orton's 2004 shitty run, they gave him a cast and a cowboy hat...it wouldn't work! Dibiase Jr. is just a waste of space.

Speaking of space, as I just wrote this...Mark Henry hit astronaut Buzz Aldrin with a steel chair. I might have to watch next week, but I'm turning this episode off.
uncle joe
PostPosted: May 12 2010 04:40 am Reply with quote Back to top

BAtista has become a highlight with his mannerisms and his "I dont care, Im leaving the company in a few weeks anyway" bumping. It's fucking awesome.

Regal rapping was SICK. The Colons didnt align with Ted, he just paid them off.

Doddsino
PostPosted: May 12 2010 04:52 am Reply with quote Back to top

I read that Vickie was a one night thing, which better be fucking true. I swear, she was almost on the same level of hatred that I have for Bobby Lashley...and that's saying something. If I see her next week then I think I'm going to stop watching Raw, she just ruins it.

Whether or not the Colons alligned themselves, it doesn't matter. Ted's gimmick sucks...it won't get him over because he doesn't have the gift of gab like his father did. The best way they would've gotten him over was back when he faced off with Orton for the first time and got pretty decent face pops.

I've very proud of Cody though. He's proved he doesn't have to rely on anything other than what he already has inside the ring. If he was a little bigger, I could see WWE pushing him to the moon.

Also, I'm very surprised we haven't seen a sign that says:

The Colons Stink!
Ba'al
PostPosted: May 12 2010 03:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Batista was amazing last night, especially when he oversold Henry's push. I freaking hate Vickie myself, and it sickens me to think that people actually think she's a good heel for using the cheapest use of heel heat I have ever seen. If Michelle McCool or Drew McIntyre did the same thing she does, they'd get just as much heat to shut up as well. I respect her for putting herself on the road to provide for her family after Eddie passed, but come on.

Oh yeah, and I totally called that Cody was better than Ted over a year ago. He just needs some knee pads.

Doddsino
PostPosted: May 12 2010 04:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, I don't think they would get the same heat. People legitamently hate Vickie. And legit hate is not good, people aren't waiting for her to get her ass kicked, they'd just rather turn the channel. And it's amazing, I didn't think it was possible for her to get any uglier, but that new haircut proves it.
uncle joe
PostPosted: May 13 2010 03:51 am Reply with quote Back to top

If the Colons ever align themselves with Ted, the Fortunate Sons gimmick fits because those kids grew up rich thanks to Poppa Bear

Doddsino
PostPosted: May 13 2010 03:57 am Reply with quote Back to top

I think the Colons can survive on their own. Honestly if they ever bring Hennig up, he would be a good fit, however the Colons are well enough established at this point, it would only be a step back. I don't mind a Fortunate Sons gimmick, but goddamn do I not want to see Ted as "Million Dollar Man". They should bring Nick Hogan in...he can kill people and get away with it afterall. That's pretty fortunate.
uncle joe
PostPosted: May 14 2010 05:54 am Reply with quote Back to top

LOL. They need to rename themselves Colon Cancer, or Colonoscopy, or Colonization.

Reply to topic

Jump to: