SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
About the old McNugget buddies article...

Reply to topic
Doddsino
PostPosted: May 09 2010 07:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry to bring up something from over 2 years ago, however I was doing some research on the original 1988-1989 McNugget buddies and found out there were actually 12 buddies instead of 10. The two that were missing were Slugger McNugget and Daisy McNugget. However the extra 2 buddies were made for kids under the age of 3. So I decided to check out what made these particular 2 different and found nothing that looked different than the others. Maybe the belts were painted on (which I think is true when you look closely at Daisy), but it's too hard to tell from what I see. Wouldn't the hair piece still be a choking hazard?

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: May 09 2010 07:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The hair/hats don't come off, either. They are one single piece, to avoid choking issues.

They aren't included because I never had the U3 toys, and they hold no nostalgia for me. Furthermore, in many cases, the U3 toy isn't even related to the featured toyline. For this reason, the U3 toys are generally not considered part of the toyline. IIRC though, the U3 Mario toy for SMB3 was actually better than the crappy toys from the actual line.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Doddsino
PostPosted: May 09 2010 08:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

According to a website called: kathysfastfoodtoys.com the hair was a loose piece.

"We also have the U3 "Daisy" mcnugget toy but she is missing her hair so we substituted a "Boomerang" hat so she won't be topless (she's wearing it backwards in the picture)."

The hair could've very well been a piece that was glued on but came off over time.

Also I've never seen the U3 Mario toy, what is is?
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: May 10 2010 05:20 am Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe the tops did come off, I've never held one. I was pretty certain it was one piece though. Another point as to why not to include them is that the U3 toys were never featured in the instore displays. I'll see if I can find a good pic of the U3 SMB3 Mario toy.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Doddsino
PostPosted: May 10 2010 01:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I know, I was just pointing them out, I figured you already knew but I'd bring it to your attention anyways. They both do sorta look good with the others.

I've been trying to track down the first Halloween set, since I had most of those.
Reply to topic

Jump to: