"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Masters of the Universe DVDs

Reply to topic
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Oct 26 2005 05:03 am Reply with quote Back to top

Am I the only one buying the whole series? (best of, She-Ra, Christmas special)

Seriously, this is the best presentation of any 80s cartoon show I've ever seen.

Not a MOTU fan? What show do you want to see on DVD or rereleased (like GI JOE or Transformers)?

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

OctoMan
PostPosted: Oct 26 2005 08:43 am Reply with quote Back to top

Tebor wrote:
Not a MOTU fan? What show do you want to see on DVD or rereleased (like GI JOE or Transformers)?

Oooh, how 'bout all three? Very Happy
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Oct 26 2005 10:12 am Reply with quote Back to top

The Super Mario Brother Super Show in its entirety, not that bullshit collection they released with just the Zelda cartoons.

The Disney Afternoon stuff needs DVD releases, particularly Duck Tales. Also GoBots. And Potatohead Kids since no one else seems to remember it. But hey, if Jem can get a fucking DVD release then ANYTHING can.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
S. McCracken
Title: Enforcer
PostPosted: Oct 26 2005 01:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I know it's not animated, but how the FUCK does The Wonder Years not have its own DVD? They have that sham one with a couple of the "best" episodes that is Liberace gay.

If they can release The White Shadow and MacGuyver on DVD then I should be able to see Bizarro Marilyn Manson and Winnie the Ho whenever I want.

Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Oct 26 2005 02:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I wanna see Bravestarr on DVD. And Teddy Ruxpin too. How about every show from my youth? Inspector Gadget, Captain N, etc.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Tebor
PostPosted: Oct 26 2005 04:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'd request official releases of "Are You Afraid of the Dark" and "Exo-Squad". I own both series on DVD bootlegs via my local comic book store, but restored picture and sound would be a wonderful thing.

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

B.B.King
Title: Total Fucking Loser
PostPosted: Oct 26 2005 04:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

fucking "bump in the night". it was a claymation show about some monsters in the 90s (early 90s) and was REALLY good. they had a really funny christmas special,but the main thing was how good the claymation looked. it was very well done.

I am a worthless piece of crap.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Valdronius
PostPosted: Oct 26 2005 06:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, bump in the night was great. Weren't the other two characters named squishington and molly?

Klimbatize wrote:

Tebor
PostPosted: Oct 27 2005 12:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

BUMP! HOLY (expletive delete) THAT SHOW WAS THE BEST!!! I totally for got about it until you mentioned it. Thanks and I agree.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Oct 27 2005 12:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

Speaking of claymation, let's not forget Gumby, the quintessential claymation cartoon. Does anyone know if that's out on DVD?
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: Oct 27 2005 11:41 am Reply with quote Back to top

S. McCracken wrote:
I know it's not animated, but how the FUCK does The Wonder Years not have its own DVD? They have that sham one with a couple of the "best" episodes that is Liberace gay.

If they can release The White Shadow and MacGuyver on DVD then I should be able to see Bizarro Marilyn Manson and Winnie the Ho whenever I want.

"So there I was, staring at Winnie's breasts. It was then I realized, God really IS in the TV."

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

cybersst
Title: Let it
PostPosted: Oct 27 2005 01:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Capital Critters (if Clerks: TAS can come out with only 2 episodes aired in it's first run...)

Amazing Stories

NEED DVD releases.

ImageImage

View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Oct 27 2005 02:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

cybersst wrote:
Capital Critters (if Clerks: TAS can come out with only 2 episodes aired in it's first run...)

Amazing Stories

NEED DVD releases.

Fish City! Fish City! Fish City! Fish City! Fish City!
cybersst
PostPosted: Oct 27 2005 02:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Fish Police?

ImageImage

View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Oct 27 2005 03:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, Fish Police. But ANYONE can say that 5 times fast.
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Oct 28 2005 05:02 am Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone remember Family Dog?

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Tebor
PostPosted: Oct 28 2005 07:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

lordsathien wrote:
Anyone remember Family Dog?

Tim Burton meets Amazing Stories? Hells yes, I do! Great prime time cartoon show.

Valdronius
PostPosted: Oct 28 2005 09:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'd also like to see Ren & Stimpy, The Maxx, and Aeon Flux released on DVD. If they haven't already that is.

Klimbatize wrote:

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Oct 28 2005 11:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Valdronius wrote:
I'd also like to see Ren & Stimpy, The Maxx, and Aeon Flux released on DVD. If they haven't already that is.

Some R&S is on DVD. I think The Maxx & Aeon Flux are currently only available on VHS, but with an impending Aeon Flux movie, I'm sure she'll get a DVD release soon.

I'd like to see Beavie & Butt-Head released by season with all the videos included. The videos were an integral part of the show and anyone who didn't like the videos and the MST3K aspect that they added can go fuck themselves.
Tebor
PostPosted: Oct 29 2005 12:38 am Reply with quote Back to top

Aeon Flux the complete series will be on DVD on November 22, 2005 or whenever the movie comes out. 3 discs. I am waiting urgently.

This includes:
The original pilot
The 5 Liquid Television shorts (or 6, ho many there were)
And all 20+ episodes of the half hour tv series.

If I am wrong on the # of episodes of any season, I am sorry, I'm remembering off the top of my head.

SamanthaMcPoopenstein
Title: Gadabout Ragamuffin
PostPosted: Oct 29 2005 02:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I got my Ren and Stimpy DVD , and The Adventures of Pete and Pete just came out on DVD (haven't got it yet), so basically everything I want is there. I don't have money to buy every single show I ever loved, so I'll just go with the very favorites.

I did really love Heman when I was a kid. Between my brother and I, I think we had all the action figures... Until my mom gave them to Goodwill. Yeah, the day she donated them started the eternal grudge I hold against being charitable.
cybersst
PostPosted: Oct 29 2005 07:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Some R&S is on DVD. I think The Maxx & Aeon Flux are currently only available on VHS, but with an impending Aeon Flux movie, I'm sure she'll get a DVD release soon.

I'd like to see Beavie & Butt-Head released by season with all the videos included. The videos were an integral part of the show and anyone who didn't like the videos and the MST3K aspect that they added can go fuck themselves.

I'm thinking the rights to da music will prevent the full eps from being released

ImageImage

narc
PostPosted: Feb 06 2006 11:59 am Reply with quote Back to top

i want to see C.O.P.S. on dvd. after school programming sucks nowadays. i have to keep it on the cartoon network where their imports annoy me and their original programming repeats constantly, or nickelodeon (which is even worse with repeats). i used to come home and watch the fake ghostbusters, the real ghost busters, c.o.p.s., etc. Oh, and the Inhumanoids. I have the first mini-series on tape, but there is another tape out there that goes for too much money on ebay. Does anyone own this?
greeneyedzeke
PostPosted: Feb 16 2006 04:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I grabbed season 1 , volume 2 of "MOTU" last night... fucking phenomenal, just like the first half ot the season and the Christmas Special. They really put a lot of work into cleaning up the image and making it look brand new. I only wish stuff like "Thundercats" was getting a treatment half this caring.

In other news, for Valentine's Day I got the 3-disc "Legend of Zelda" set from the "Super Mario Brothers Super Show". If I weren't a die-hard "Zelda" fan, this show would be so atrocious. As it stands, however, I find it amusing at least. And I propose a new drinking game -- everyone watches the "Zelda" cartoons and whenever Link says "Well, excuuuuuuse me, Princess", you drink. By the end of the second episode, everyone would be hammered.

As far as stuff that NEEDS to come out, I call for a complete relaunch of the "Captain Power" toys and DVD sets of all the episodes so I can play along. Very Happy
Tebor
PostPosted: Feb 16 2006 11:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

greeneyedzeke wrote:
I grabbed season 1 , volume 2 of "MOTU" last night... fucking phenomenal, just like the first half ot the season and the Christmas Special. They really put a lot of work into cleaning up the image and making it look brand new. I only wish stuff like "Thundercats" was getting a treatment half this caring.

In other news, for Valentine's Day I got the 3-disc "Legend of Zelda" set from the "Super Mario Brothers Super Show". If I weren't a die-hard "Zelda" fan, this show would be so atrocious. As it stands, however, I find it amusing at least. And I propose a new drinking game -- everyone watches the "Zelda" cartoons and whenever Link says "Well, excuuuuuuse me, Princess", you drink. By the end of the second episode, everyone would be hammered.

As far as stuff that NEEDS to come out, I call for a complete relaunch of the "Captain Power" toys and DVD sets of all the episodes so I can play along. Very Happy

You just made me cry a little... Smile

ISN'T SEASON ONE VOLUME TWO AWESOME!!!!????

Reply to topic

Jump to: