"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
CN's Boomerang

Reply to topic
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Feb 07 2006 11:07 am Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, I used to not have anything worth watching on this channel. Old HB cartoons don't really interest me with the possible exception of Top Cat. Anyway, it seems they now show Superman: TAC (the "square-jaw 90's one), and Batman: TAC (including the Gotham Knights stuff). However, the biggest let-down when I saw it on the DirecTV guide was He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. Although you would think a channel dedicated to mostly old cartoons (like Centurions and...SWAT Kats???) would show the good version, they wind up showing the less impressive, but still pretty good Cartoon Network series releases 4 years ago.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Feb 07 2006 08:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I enjoyed that He-Man came back for the 21st century, but I will say that it did not live up to the quality of the original show. That said, the episode where Skeletor had to wear a belt that zapped him everytime he was evil was a FUCKING AWESOME EPISODE!!! I never laughed so hard.

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Feb 09 2006 09:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It's a real shame the toys didn't sell better. If they had, they would've made the next season of the killed show revolve around Hordak and the Horrible Hordes. personally one of the episodes I really liked was the backstory into why Evilynn worked for Keldor/Skeletor. And the whole Serpent Men story was pretty good too.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

narc
PostPosted: Feb 13 2006 03:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

i liked the fact that the villains actually kicked ass now and then and they had plenty of different villains. the old show was cheap, it had the same running animations repeated in every episode, and the villains were all idiots. Sad i want the new version on dvd or something.
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Feb 13 2006 04:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

narc wrote:
i liked the fact that the villains actually kicked ass now and then and they had plenty of different villains. the old show was cheap, it had the same running animations repeated in every episode, and the villains were all idiots. Sad i want the new version on dvd or something.

They weren't idiots, they were kitschy.

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

RegalSin
PostPosted: Apr 26 2006 09:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Speaking of HB toons I miss Secret Squrell and Pink panther gang. Also Supermans Bazaroo.

They just made HE-Man not so HE-man. It's just like Bionic Commando gbc or Crystalis but in the cartoon world. They just based the enitire series of the one movie. I miss those fights with He-Man and Skeletor. Especially before Skeletor bares all. The New Skeletor looks like something out of the robocop ocp commercials.
Reply to topic

Jump to: