SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Brock Lesnar is seriously ill, possibly dying. Career over?

Reply to topic
Ice2SeeYou
Title: Sexual Tyrannosaurus
PostPosted: Jan 22 2010 02:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

scamrock wrote:
Lesnar Healthy, Returning This Summer

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Lesnar-Healthy-Returning-This-Summer-22157

Evidently, he is getting better. The doctors wanted to look at him again once swelling had went down. When he returned, the problem had corrected itself. He is back up to 275 pounds and believes he will be ready to fight this summer.

This whole thing was just too weird. He was apparently gravely ill, career finished, then he has a miraculous recovery? They were so secretive abotu the whole thing, which they've chalked up to Lesnar being an intensely private person. That's fine, but still......all the secrecy surrounding it just made some of the rumors look more plausible (steroid-related illness, he failed a drug test and needed to put off his fights, etc).

But whatever......I hope he returns to full strength. I'm not a fan, but I'd hate to see him lose and have the illness to blame for it. Whether you like him or not, there's a lot of exciting fights out there for him.

Sydlexia.com - Where miserable bastards meet to call each other retards.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Jan 22 2010 05:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm glad to hear he's going to be ok, I've always thought Lesnar was vastly underrated.
scamrock
Title: Space Bastard
PostPosted: Jan 22 2010 05:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ice2SeeYou wrote:
scamrock wrote:
Lesnar Healthy, Returning This Summer

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Lesnar-Healthy-Returning-This-Summer-22157

Evidently, he is getting better. The doctors wanted to look at him again once swelling had went down. When he returned, the problem had corrected itself. He is back up to 275 pounds and believes he will be ready to fight this summer.

This whole thing was just too weird. He was apparently gravely ill, career finished, then he has a miraculous recovery? They were so secretive abotu the whole thing, which they've chalked up to Lesnar being an intensely private person. That's fine, but still......all the secrecy surrounding it just made some of the rumors look more plausible (steroid-related illness, he failed a drug test and needed to put off his fights, etc).

But whatever......I hope he returns to full strength. I'm not a fan, but I'd hate to see him lose and have the illness to blame for it. Whether you like him or not, there's a lot of exciting fights out there for him.

Personally, I think the whole thing was just blown way up. I don't mean the illness, but everything else. To start with, I'm not sure it was so much a secret as it was Lesnar just didn't want to talk about it yet and didn't want anyone speaking on his behalf. So we ended up with a bunch of half ass statements from White.

Now, you have the word "miraculous" being thrown around. I think it has more to do with him being lucky than any miracle. Sometimes people go to the doctor with a tumor, go back later and it's gone. They might say it's miraculous, but in reality, they just got better. Now, if Lesnar loses a thumb, then one grows back in it's place, I would call that a miracle. This is just a case of his body healing well.

Personally, I think if you replace Brock Lesnar with almost any other fighter (maybe not Aleksander Emelianenko), it's not nearly as suspicious. Especially if Dana doesn't constantly make wild statements and the word "miraculous" isn't being thrown around. Then it doesn't seem so odd. At least not to me.

Ice2SeeYou
Title: Sexual Tyrannosaurus
PostPosted: Jan 22 2010 06:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Doddsino wrote:
I'm glad to hear he's going to be ok, I've always thought Lesnar was vastly underrated.

It really depends on how you look at it.

Casual fans overrate him, and think he's just too big and too strong to ever be defeated. Big and strong he may be, but we haven't seen him take a punch yet. When we see him take a shot from a guy like Carwin, Dos Santos or dare I say Fedor, we'll know what kind of punishment he can or can't take.

Haters underrate him. A lot of people dislike him because he's from the WWF, and because he's fighting with a huge size advantage. While he does have the size advantage, he's also got a very legit wrestling background. If his chin turns out to be decent and he learns submission defense, you've got a terrifying fighter.

Sydlexia.com - Where miserable bastards meet to call each other retards.

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Jan 23 2010 12:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I agree, I've always liked him regardless. But yeah, I would like to see him take a couple face punches before I can rate how well he does.

Reply to topic

Jump to: