SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Modern Cartoons

Reply to topic
OctoMan
PostPosted: Jan 11 2006 10:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I was thinking about this. Are there any good cartoons for kids to watch these days? I mean, Transformers, GI Joe, Ninja Turtles... those were the days! Are kids these days screwed with sucky cartoons? Or are there any good ones?
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jan 11 2006 11:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It's not an action cartoon and it doesn't have a toyline, but Nickelodeon's Fairly OddParents is a pretty solid cartoon.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Jan 12 2006 03:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm assuming you mean US television shows. Danny Phantom comes to mind.

I'd also like to make it known I really don't like The Batman from the WB. For one, the art style and production is by the same people who did Jackie Chan Adventures. And two, they royally mess around with the way the Joker is supposed to be. Plus, Bruce Wayne looks like a 20-something from Miami Beach!

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jan 12 2006 05:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

lordsathien wrote:

I'd also like to make it known I really don't like The Batman from the WB. For one, the art style and production is by the same people who did Jackie Chan Adventures. And two, they royally mess around with the way the Joker is supposed to be. Plus, Bruce Wayne looks like a 20-something from Miami Beach!

Plus it's fucking called The Batman. Batman has no use for articles. He's Batman, not the Batman dammit. When a superhero has "the" in front of his name, it's an obvious sign that he sucks; The Green Arrow, The Flash, The Green Hornet are all prime examples of this. One exception: The Punisher.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Jan 12 2006 07:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
lordsathien wrote:

Plus it's fucking called The Batman. Batman has no use for articles. He's Batman, not the Batman dammit. When a superhero has "the" in front of his name, it's an obvious sign that he sucks; The Green Arrow, The Flash, The Green Hornet are all prime examples of this. One exception: The Punisher.

Actually, the name really is "The Batman". Over the years people hav e abridged it. Though a lot of people still use "The Batman", Frank Miller included.

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Jan 12 2006 07:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Oh! I forgot Justice League (Unlimited) and Teen Titans, although the latter has been reportedly cancelled, and I have no idea if they're going to start a new season of JLU (Though I look forward to it).

Why no love for the Flash?

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jan 12 2006 08:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

lordsathien wrote:
Oh! I forgot Justice League (Unlimited) and Teen Titans, although the latter has been reportedly cancelled, and I have no idea if they're going to start a new season of JLU (Though I look forward to it).

Unfortunately, I was subjected to a crappy live action Flash movie as a kid. But I did like him on JLU.
Tebor
PostPosted: Jan 12 2006 08:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

lordsathien wrote:

Did they ever wrap up the conspiracy of Hawkgirl or whatever the hell was going on?

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Jan 13 2006 12:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I believe so. I think the attentions on her former Thangarian inclusion will be shifted to focus on the Legion of Doom's activities (if they ever get another season going).

narc
PostPosted: Feb 03 2006 04:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

i liked the new masters of the universe show that they promptly cancelled after the snakemen saga. i also like teen titans...and for a different flavor, foster's home for imaginary friends. it pretty much stays on cartoon network in the living room since i have a kid and we switched from cable to satellite so there's no television signal to his room anymore.
Tebor
PostPosted: Feb 03 2006 05:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

narc wrote:
i liked the new masters of the universe show that they promptly cancelled after the snakemen saga.

Yeah, man, you my jigger.

Black Zarak
Title: Big Coffin Hunter
PostPosted: Feb 13 2006 05:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed. The new MOTU was awesome, I was all set for Hordak to bust onto the scene then...cancelled. The hell with you Mattel!
Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Feb 14 2006 01:31 am Reply with quote Back to top

So, it looks like my worries of no more JLU eps have been alleviated. Also, there'll be some crossover from Teen Titans as Speedy (although he may be called Arsenal) will be showing up alongside Green Arrow in at least one episode.

Going with the remark of Foster's, I'm reminded of its unique art style and then the fact that Rob Renzetti (a Dexter's Lab alumnus) went on to produce My Life As a Teenage Robot.

Reply to topic

Jump to: