[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Live TNA Impact tonight!

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jan 06 2010 06:55 am Reply with quote Back to top

Spoony was mostly right. I don't think anyone wants to see the Nasty Boys wrestle. Hall, I don't know. He's done some work for WWC or whatever the big Mexican fed is, and he actually got some good reviews done there. Sppony also was less than enthusiatic about the prospect of Jarrett and Foley wrestling, which I don't get. Both are great on the mic, both are great onscreen personalities, and both can still work a quality match. He also said that Nash has been a huge waste of TNA money. I completely disagree with this. Nash was great in the mentor role, and he helped get over Shelley, Sabin, and Lethal. Should he wrestle? Maybe not. But the guy can cut a promo, and he's funny as hell.

I think it's unfair to say Wolfe is being buried. He started off feuding with Angle, which is a pretty big debut. Yeah, he lost. Yeah, he jobbed to Dinero. But Dinero is another guy they're pushing hard. When we see him jobbing Shark Boy, then you know it's over. Speaking of which, where is Shark Boy? He's awesome. Give him an angle where he tries to join World Elite or something. He can start billing himself as from "International Waters".

Supposedly, even though Morgan and Hernandez are the #1 contenders for the tag titles, Nash and Hall are booked to fight for the titles at Genesis. So... I don't know what's up with that.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Jan 06 2010 10:11 am Reply with quote Back to top

So they broke up LAX just so they could put Hernandez in another Tag Team... Yeah, that makes sense.
nihilisticglee
PostPosted: Jan 06 2010 04:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Hall, I don't know. He's done some work for WWC or whatever the big Mexican fed is, and he actually got some good reviews done there.

Just want to note that while you have the right fed, WWC is a fed in Puerto Rico. But that was three years ago according to wikipedia. Hall was in the JWO till at least near the end of 09, and has done several indy bookings since then, so at least he is active. Still, I am not that excited about seeing him.

Otherwise, I don't really want to see Jarrett in the ring, at least not in singles matches, more due to over exposure in the earlier years of TNA than he being a bad wrestler. Foley is still great on the mic, but I don't think he can do it in the ring anymore. As for Nash, he needs to go back to managing, as I don't think he is a waste of money yet, but if he keeps trying to have a part in matches, he will be.
Optimist With Doubts
Title: Titlating
PostPosted: Jan 06 2010 04:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Even foley will say he can't pull off 5 star matches anymore.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Jan 06 2010 05:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Foley never really did have a 5 star match. His matches at Mind Games with Shawn and the Boiler Room match with Undertaker were probably his best matches. I really hate that HIAC match, outside of the two big spots...it's mostly 2 guys just laying around waiting to recover from those huge spots.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jan 06 2010 07:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Doddsino wrote:
Foley never really did have a 5 star match. His matches at Mind Games with Shawn and the Boiler Room match with Undertaker were probably his best matches. I really hate that HIAC match, outside of the two big spots...it's mostly 2 guys just laying around waiting to recover from those huge spots.

Not having a five star match isn't a big deal. There are usually, what, 4-5 true five star matches per year? A guy can be entertaining without putting on a five star match.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Doddsino
PostPosted: Jan 06 2010 11:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not saying you need a 5 star match, but was just pointing out that Foley never really had one anyways. And while Foley can still bump decently, he's not in the best of shape to keep doing so.
Reply to topic

Jump to: