SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
What ever happened to realistic toys?

Reply to topic
Poll :: Would you rather play with realistic toys, or over-the-top versons?

Realistic are way more cool!
90%
 90%  [ 9 ]
I would rather play with the futuristic/fantasy looking ones!
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

Kojjiro the Angry
Title: Scientist
PostPosted: Jan 11 2007 10:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It's called the revoltech dante figure, And it's fifty kinds of badass

KEVIN MASK WRESTLING ARMY

Mr. Bomberman
2009 Forum Champion
Title: (still) token black.
PostPosted: Jan 11 2007 10:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Damn right.

I dunno what I'm talkin' about!

Xbox Live: HazNobody, pronounced "HAz". | Haven't went to IRC yet? Go! #sydlexia @ DALnet. | Y'all should play some Super Robot Wars J (hey that rhymes!) | yeah I'm back who gives a shit

Char Aznable
Title: Char Classicâ„¢
PostPosted: Jan 11 2007 11:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Neither do I. Ever.

Kojjiro the Angry
Title: Scientist
PostPosted: Jan 12 2007 12:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

KEVIN MASK WRESTLING ARMY

greeneyedzeke
PostPosted: Jan 24 2007 10:43 am Reply with quote Back to top

Y'know, I'm kinda iffy on McFarlane now. I used to love the stuff he put out (the original "Movie Maniacs" series comes to mind), but he did two things that pissed me off. First, he shifted a lot of the fantasy/horror stuff out of production and focused more on the sports figures (in the interest of full disclosure, I do own the Tom Brady figures he made) and second, the hard plastic was replaced with that softer stuff. I remember buuying "Killers" Eddie from the Iron Maiden line and not liking how the arms just sort of wilted if you pressed them.

Now we have those Cult Classic figures from NECA and they've been churning out some pretty sweet stuff. The fact that I own a Patrick Bateman figure tickles me to no end.

And I'm probably in the minority here, but i prefer 3-3/4" figures to the larger ones. Like, to me, the epitome of cool figure design was the M.A.S.K. line from the eighties. This is probably due to the fact that you're not going to find a lot of correctly-scaled vehicles for larger figures. I mean, I got the "Return of the Jedi" AT-AT walker for christmas and that fucker holds... 12?... regular "Star Wars" figures. Then again, the point of a lot of the larger figure lines is different, anyway. They're not toys for kids to play with.. they're more for the collector who's willing to pay a higher price for a detailed sculpt.

And, Syd, that T3 figure is awesome (and I think I mentioned this to you once), but I had TWO of them and in both cases the machine gun he comes with broke after one day of being in his hand. And balancing it could be an issue.
Reply to topic

Jump to: