SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
PRESS START is now on DVD!! (Last PS thread, honest)

Reply to topic
Douche McCallister
Title: DOO-SHAY
PostPosted: Jun 29 2009 10:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

tomrussell wrote:
Just got a copy for my birthday. Will watch tonight if I can get my wife to stop playing BioShock.

Ah the American Nerds Dream...a women who plays video games without being asked. I think I found me one of those too. Wink

tomrussell
Title: Chief Bottle -Washer
PostPosted: Jun 30 2009 09:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Just saw the film about five minutes ago. Liked it quite a bit. I'm not a spoof fan, but this one was intelligent, scrappy, and has some serious geek cred. I'm going to try to have some friends over to watch it on the weekend.

Will likely do a review in a week or two and I'll post a link in this topic when I do so.
FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Aug 25 2009 05:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I finally got around to watching this after seeing a nod to turkish rambo on thatguywiththeglasses.com reminded me, and I must say that I really enjoyed it. I liked how you didn't take the generic "guy from real world ends up in videogame world" approach, instead opting for everyone to just act like being in a videogame is normalcy, and I also enjoyed the running joke with sam being mistaken for a man.

tomrussell
Title: Chief Bottle -Washer
PostPosted: Dec 04 2009 03:02 am Reply with quote Back to top

What does PRESS START have in common with INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS, PUNCH-DRUNK LOVE, ZODIAC, RATATOUILLE, INTO GREAT SILENCE, JESUS CAMP, THE ILLUSIONIST, BAMBOOZLED, PAN'S LABYRINTH, THE LIFE AQUATIC WITH STEVE ZISSOU, and others? Why, it has a spot on my best films of the decade list, that's what!:

http://turtleneckfilms.blogspot.com/2009/12/toms-favorite-films-of-last-ten-years.html
Reply to topic

Jump to: