[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Yeah... not happening

Reply to topic
SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Nov 11 2009 04:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

UsaSatsui wrote:
Ash Burton wrote:
Wow, so ok, I just picked up a sealed NIB copy of Bionic Commando on Ebay for 46 bucks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330374953061&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

And according to them it is worth 1299? WTF? Did I just make a 1150 dollar profit? Sweet! Lol...

See what they'll pay for it. They buy games.

I was just about to suggest this very thing. If they charge super-inflated prices, maybe they'll buy for them, too!

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Blackout
Title: Captain Oblivious
PostPosted: Nov 11 2009 04:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah if they buy at even a fraction of what the sell for make a quick buck of the fuckers! Idea

Ash Burton
Title: AshRaiser
PostPosted: Nov 11 2009 04:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Dr. Jeebus wrote:
Knyte wrote:
Their used NES and any 5 deal is insane.

I could find all of those at a thrift store for about $40 altogether.

I love that it's $200 for a system and ANY 5 games, except then most of the good games require that you tack on another $30-60 per game.

I did notice that there is no additional charge for Earthbound, but 30 additional bucks for Actraiser? WTF is wrong with these people? Syd, your 100th article should be a lesson on how to avoid shit heads like this.

joshwoodzy wrote:
Ash is probably just home humping his SNES collection.

Rydog
Title: Dragon Slayer
PostPosted: Nov 11 2009 04:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm gonna go ahead and doubt that they actually have all this stuff in stock. I would bet that IF they get a sale, they just go and buy it on ebay or something and then send it along at a huge mark up.
Blackout
Title: Captain Oblivious
PostPosted: Nov 11 2009 04:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

If you had scans of the boxes how hard would it be to print them out and shrink wrap them and sell the as *new in box* Confused

Sexton Hardcastle
Title: The Supreme Element
PostPosted: Nov 11 2009 06:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Out of curiosity Syd. What if that was a great site full of a ton of games and wonderful deals. A site you yourself would endorse. Would you have thrown up their ad on your site, or are you sticking to an ad-free site?
pineapple
PostPosted: Nov 11 2009 07:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Absolutely ridiculous prices.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Nov 11 2009 07:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe those prices are yen. Then they'd be the best bargains ever!
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
pineapple
PostPosted: Nov 11 2009 07:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

If they were in yen, then I would be all over that brand new SNES mini system.
Rydog
PostPosted: Nov 11 2009 08:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Blackout wrote:
If you had scans of the boxes how hard would it be to print them out and shrink wrap them and sell the as *new in box* Confused

The old Nintendo shrink wrap has a special cut so it actually has a seem that goes across the middle of the back. It must be hard to duplicate because that is basically the certificate of authenticity in the second hand market.
Ghandi
Title: Alexz Aficionado
PostPosted: Nov 12 2009 07:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

"I guess his prices really were crazy!"
--Futurama; Fry about Malfunctioning Eddie

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

Deadmau_5pra
Title: Amatuer film/podcaster
PostPosted: Nov 12 2009 09:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

This has to be an early April fools joke.

IT JUST HAS TO!!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Slayer1
Title: ,,!,, for you know who
PostPosted: Nov 12 2009 10:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Extras

Nintendo and Super Nintendo Roms - We will soon be adding a section for the available ROM's for Nintendo. These games can be played directly from your home computer (as long as you own a copy of the original game).

HAHAHA LOL wut?

http://nibgames.com/extras.html
Rydog
PostPosted: Nov 12 2009 10:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Dude..seriously? They are gonna sell roms? I pity anyone who sends money to this clown.
TheyCallMeBruce
PostPosted: Nov 13 2009 12:17 am Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder how much they'd pay me for my copies of Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, and Ogre Battle. Or Tengen Tetris!

Go Rygar!

Doddsino
PostPosted: Nov 22 2009 08:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

That is a fucking HUGE rip off.

I never understood the point of buying a MIB game. You can easily buy a used game for MUCH less in great condition and very easily pick up the box and instructions off eBay for very little.

If you do buy games to KEEP them MIB, you are a fucking retard.
Captain_Pollution
Title: Hugh
PostPosted: Nov 22 2009 09:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know, I think collecting is a pretty normal hobby, and from a collector's point of view, of course NIB is better. I maen, I've always been the type I'd prefer to actually play a game, but there's nothing wrong with just collecting them as a hobby,

<Drew_Linky> Well, I've eaten vegetables all of once in my life.

aeonic
Title: Sporadic Poster
PostPosted: Nov 23 2009 12:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Are you guys all kidding? I'd totally buy those reasonably priced, undoubtedly authentic games...

while the mescaline and ecstacy were still in my system. I don't know if I'm brain-damaged enough to pay that much if I'm not totally out of my gourd on hardcore ethnogens.

Seriously? Since they're selling these games for easily +10x what you can get them for in any thrift store (case in point, bought a copy of FFI with box and manual for 30 bucks recently), you should offer to link them up, but charge one percent of their total yearly profit margin. I'm sure there's fucktards out there stupid enough to buy from them to ensure that you get a steady influx of cash out of the deal, and honestly, if anyone from here is stupid enough to actually eat one of those prices, they're getting what they deserve. Another good stipulation would be that they'd have to collect the IP addresses from everyone who bought from them so you could pre-ban them. Just in case.

Who likes role-playing games? Me. Way too goddamn much.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Nov 24 2009 01:10 am Reply with quote Back to top

Captain_Pollution wrote:
I don't know, I think collecting is a pretty normal hobby, and from a collector's point of view, of course NIB is better. I maen, I've always been the type I'd prefer to actually play a game, but there's nothing wrong with just collecting them as a hobby,

Collecting stuff MIB is one thing, but a game? Where's the enjoyment? And the only markup value is going to come from selling to other people who collect MIB games, which isn't a large majority. Collecting isn't about keeping the plastic on it.

That's like having a virgin girlfriend and refusing to have sex with her because you enjoy bragging about having something that you don't use.
Rydog
PostPosted: Nov 24 2009 01:16 am Reply with quote Back to top

Naaah, I get the collectors reasoning. MIB is what you want when you are collecting, doesn't matter if it is coins, toys, cards, games or virgins. Many things that are collected, are meant to serve another purpose other than be collected. The enjoyment is getting that item and displaying it. REAL collectors aren't looking to turn a profit...at least until they die and their kids sell all their crap for cash!
Doddsino
PostPosted: Nov 24 2009 01:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

If they have kids.

As someone who has collected things over my lifetime, I have never paid a mark up. In my honest opinion, no collector should. I collected a wrestling action figure line for a few years called "Classic Superstars", which I did keep MOC, but I could value what I had and know that I bought exactly what I recieved.

Who's to say that someone doesn't come along and take one of these vintage games and pack if full of crud and reseal it, knowing that the collector isn't going to open it.

Remember those eggs you would get out of vending machines as a kid? Imagine buying one and not opening it up to see what you got. That's sorta the way I see it.
UsaSatsui
Title: The White Rabbit
PostPosted: Nov 24 2009 01:34 am Reply with quote Back to top

MIB? Because some men in black suits show up to make you forget how much you paid for them?
Doddsino
PostPosted: Nov 24 2009 01:38 am Reply with quote Back to top

UsaSatsui wrote:
MIB? Because some men in black suits show up to make you forget how much you paid for them?

*Mint in Box*

I know a lot of people say *New in Box*, but I used to go to a card shop that listed things as *MIB* so it stuck.

Unless you were joking.

I don't know, gaming to me has always been about playing the game. Why buy the golden goose if you don't want it to lay eggs?

Alright...that's enough analogies out of me...
Reply to topic

Jump to: