"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Transformers, fin'ly met my eye...

Reply to topic
Rycona
Title: The Maestro
PostPosted: Jan 12 2006 02:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

My friend has there two tapes of Transformers at his house. I have never watched Transformers before, so we watched them last night. Wow. Wow. I mean... there are so many bad things about it. There's a profoundity of illogic and discontinuity, but even I can see beyond that. I was very entertained.

My favorite part of the show, the opening. The theme is awesome. They use meter changes and I love the M7 progression they use for the line, "Autobots wage their battle to destroy the evil forces of the Decepticons." The beginning Steve Hackett-esque guitar riff is really neat as well. Oh man. Oh man. I love it.

RIP Hacker.

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Jan 12 2006 03:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Were one of these the movie by any chance?

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jan 12 2006 05:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Oh god... not the movie. Don't watch the movie.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Jan 12 2006 07:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Speaking of movie, here's some test footage of the new movie:

http://iesb.net/video/transformersfootage.wmv

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

OctoMan
PostPosted: Jan 12 2006 08:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I love the cool sound they make when they transform.
Rycona
PostPosted: Jan 13 2006 11:51 am Reply with quote Back to top

No, I saw episodes from the show. I'm not going to see the movie for one reason. For hours yesterday I searched for the chords to the opening theme to the tele show and kept finding the theme from the movie, which I doubt is nearly as cool from the tabs/chords I read. I'm going to have to take 30 minutes now and figure out the theme myself. Thanks, movie. =-=blacklisted=-=

RIP Hacker.

Tebor
PostPosted: Jan 14 2006 01:55 am Reply with quote Back to top

Rycona wrote:
No, I saw episodes from the show. I'm not going to see the movie for one reason. For hours yesterday I searched for the chords to the opening theme to the tele show and kept finding the theme from the movie, which I doubt is nearly as cool from the tabs/chords I read. I'm going to have to take 30 minutes now and figure out the theme myself. Thanks, movie. =-=blacklisted=-=

You better not have meant the NEW movie Evil

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jan 14 2006 07:49 am Reply with quote Back to top

You didn't happen to see "The Return of Optimus Prime" did you? It was a two part episode that really used to freak me out. And 28 Days Later totally ripped it off.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Rycona
PostPosted: Jan 14 2006 01:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'll give the new movie a chance, but not the old one, since that's where the theme came from.

The episodes I saw were "Divide and Conquer" and "War of the Dinobots". I would like to see more though. I only saw the two episodes once each and I'm attached. I remember a lot fo the names and stuff and can even recognize them. I think it's a sign. =-=bathes in light=-=

RIP Hacker.

Tebor
PostPosted: Jan 14 2006 07:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
You didn't happen to see "The Return of Optimus Prime" did you? It was a two part episode that really used to freak me out. And 28 Days Later totally ripped it off.

Explain more Question

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jan 14 2006 08:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Tebor wrote:
Syd Lexia wrote:

Explain more Question

It was this whole thing where there a disease that filled with people, animals, and sentient robots with rage and hatred. To signify that they were infected, their skin and clothing turned bright red. I forget exactly what happened, but eventually Rodimus Prime got infected and somehow Optimus Prime got resurrected and he saved the day.
Rycona
PostPosted: Jan 16 2006 08:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Wow. I saw 28 Days about 2 months ago and that definitely does sound like a rip-off. Heh, it's almost funny. A Hollywood action-horror flick ripping off an 80's children's cartoon about the good and evil of alien robots. That's almost as bad as these remakes that keep coming out.

RIP Hacker.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jan 17 2006 12:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

28 Days Later really bugged me. The whole second half where the military men go crazy because they haven't had sex in almost a month was more than a little retarded. When you're in the army, you get used to going long periods of time without sexing it up.
SamanthaMcPoopenstein
Title: Gadabout Ragamuffin
PostPosted: Jan 17 2006 09:47 am Reply with quote Back to top

The transforming sound used to scare me when I was little. I still think it's a weird sound.

Have you guys seen the new transformers? I don't remember much of the old one so I don't know how they stack up next to each other, but as a cartoon, I say the new one really sucks. I swear, the first time I ever saw it, tranformers were baking muffins and somehow eating them. I was baffled.

Catching the end of the show here and there (it comes on before old simpsons reruns here) the best times were making dirty jokes about it.

"Ooo! I like watching you bathe, sex-o-tron!" and etc.
Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Jan 17 2006 10:13 am Reply with quote Back to top

I remember renting 28 days later, sitting there for two hours wondering when the movie was going to pick up, and then seeing the credits and saying 'What the hell?' My friends all thought the movie was brilliant, so I got new friends.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Jan 18 2006 04:12 am Reply with quote Back to top

SamanthaMcPoopenstein wrote:
Have you guys seen the new transformers? I don't remember much of the old one so I don't know how they stack up next to each other, but as a cartoon, I say the new one really sucks. I swear, the first time I ever saw it, tranformers were baking muffins and somehow eating them. I was baffled.

Let's see if I can give a rundown of the Goods and Bads of TF

The original = Good
The movie = Bad
Beast Wars = Excellent
Beast Machines = Good but not as good as Wars
Robots in Disguise = Gawdawful. It's as if they thought Beast Wars/Machines was too high-brow and went with low-brow
Armada: Good near the middle to end
Cybertron: I followed it as long and as closely as I could.
Energon: Ugh. When the hell did all Transformers get British/Austrailian accents? The worst of them all goes to Richard Ian Cox (the English voice of Inuyasha) using a Texan accent.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Black Zarak
Title: Big Coffin Hunter
PostPosted: Feb 02 2006 12:05 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Tebor wrote:
Syd Lexia wrote:

Explain more Question

It was this whole thing where there a disease that filled with people, animals, and sentient robots with rage and hatred. To signify that they were infected, their skin and clothing turned bright red. I forget exactly what happened, but eventually Rodimus Prime got infected and somehow Optimus Prime got resurrected and he saved the day.

It was the hate plague. And that's all I know about it.
Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: Feb 02 2006 11:50 am Reply with quote Back to top

I sorta disagree about the original show. I remember loving it when I was a kid, but when my friend bought the first seaons DVD's we realized that it does not live up to our memories in any way. Maybe the show got better, and I do remember the Return of Optimus prime that Syd is talking about being really good, so who knows.

As for the new movie, it might be interesting, but it's disingenuous to call it a live action movie since I'm sure it'll be like entirely CGI (Can't watch the video someone linked to cause I'm in a library). All I can say is so help me God if that movie isn't more than meets the eye.

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Feb 03 2006 06:45 am Reply with quote Back to top

Since my memory of it was kinda foggy, I checked the movie out (along with Corpse Bride and Undead...2/3 ain't bad). About the worst thing of the movie (other than my shattered image of Rodimus) was the MUSIC. Even though they pulled out a freaking Weird Al song, it was just so disjointed. Plus, I always liked Starscream more than Megs/Galvatron.

Reply to topic

Jump to: