SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Anyone remember anything about these shows?

Reply to topic
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Jan 09 2006 04:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

One day out of the blue I got the first section of the theme song to Sharon, Lois, and Bram's Elephant Show in my head, which got me to think of this list:

SLB's Elephant Show
Eureka's Castle
Today's Special
Pinwheel House
Flying House
Weinerville
Fifteen (or Sixteen, it was on Nickelodeon when I was in elementary school. I remember because I was part of the concensus that the show sucked)
and Spartacus and the Sun Beneath the Sea

So, does anyone else remember?

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Jan 09 2006 05:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I have the Weinerville Hanukkah special, but besides that and a memory of a wig and Stephen King and Don King, nothing's left of the show known as Weinerville.

NOW GET OUTTA HERE!

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Tebor
PostPosted: Jan 09 2006 05:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

More importantly, "Welcome Freshman".

I was playing Trivia Pursuit Pop Culture II and got asked this question: "What movie featured the title character finding out that his meteorite is really waste from an airplane?"

I said, "Welcome Freshman" as we all know that Walter found a meteorite/airplane waste that turned people's lips purple... In the end it turned out to be Mr. Lipmann's yogert.

The correct answer was: The Adventures of Joe Dirt.

But we all know they stole it from said show.

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jan 09 2006 05:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Tebor wrote:
I have the Weinerville Hanukkah special, but besides that and a memory of a wig and Stephen King and Don King, nothing's left of the show known as Weinerville.

NOW GET OUTTA HERE!

Mark Weiner appeared as several Weinerville characters in an episode of Space Ghost: Coast To Coast and I think it might be on one of the DVD volumes that's already out. He also has his own production company and I believe he's responsible for Dora The Explorer.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jan 09 2006 06:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I could write pages and pages about memories on these shows, but since I'm already behind on site stuff and since I'm feeling lazy, I'll be brief.

1. Sharon, Lois, & Bram's Elephant Show - Lots of singing and dancing with Sharon, Lois, Bram, and a guy in an elephant suit. Back in the day, my friends and I used to alter the lyrics to the opening theme and "Skinnamarink" for our own amusement. But hey, who didn't?

2. Eureeka's Castle - I used to love this show. I remember Magellan, Eureeka, Bogge, Quagmire, Batly, Mr. Knack, the slurms, and everything. Oh, and the giant. Oh look, my castle music box!

3. Today's Special - The show with Jodie, the mannequin, Muffy the mouse, Mrs. Pennypacker, and the security guard.

4. Pinwheel - I don't remember much about this show, other there were two twins(?) named Plus and Minus. There was also a green guy named Ebeneezer, a mime, and then either a mole or hedgehog. I remember the theme song though... Pinwheel, Pinwheel, spinning around, look in my pinwheel and see what I've found...

5. Flying House - I don't remember this at all.

6. Fifteen - This show was way too dark and teen-oriented for Nick. One of the characters, Matt, was an alcohlic. I used to watch it all the time because they'd run multiple episodes of it on Sunday afternoons and I was easily entertained. Useless trivia: The girl who played Ashley on this show later went on be one of bad guys in Season 2 of 24. I recognized her instantly as such. It was weird, because I think she was a good girl on Fifteen but I always thought she looked kinda evil.

7. Spartacus and the Sun Beneath the Sea - A very weird cartoon. Then again, it was French.

8. Weinerville - Mark Weiner and his weird, weird world of puppets built around his head. Then there was Boney... Boney rocked.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Jan 10 2006 10:06 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:

4. Pinwheel - I don't remember much about this show, other there were two twins(?) named Plus and Minus. There was also a green guy named Ebeneezer, a mime, and then either a mole or hedgehog. I remember the theme song though... Pinwheel, Pinwheel, spinning around, look in my pinwheel and see what I've found...

5. Flying House - I don't remember this at all.

4. Not to forget Luigi O'Brian, the vegetable stand seller.

5. I can understand the lack of familiarity with Flying House, it was a Christian Anime (I guess the idea of it being bad is obvious, however it was also 80's style anime). These kids wind up in Biblical times when this time machine/house they live in freaks out. That's about all I know about it.

To Tebor: Technically they were asking for a movie character and not a TV character, kudos on that reference. Although I think Welcome Freshman has been brought up before, or that may just have been on the Retro Nickelodeon Channel petition (Give me Danger Mouse, Bananaman, and Count Duckula any day).

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Tebor
PostPosted: Jan 10 2006 08:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

lordsathien wrote:
To Tebor: Technically they were asking for a movie character and not a TV character, kudos on that reference. Although I think Welcome Freshman has been brought up before, or that may just have been on the Retro Nickelodeon Channel petition (Give me Danger Mouse, Bananaman, and Count Duckula any day).

I know, but hearing the plot made me think that "Joe Dirt" just ripped off a beloved show of my past. In the reality that I didn't fabricate like "A Million Little Pieces", I did actually get the question correct because the real question was: "What mulleted character..." if it's a character known for their mullet, it's got to be Joe Dirt. However, like the Wonder Years, I'd like to remember it as a mistaken case of plots.

SamanthaMcPoopenstein
Title: Gadabout Ragamuffin
PostPosted: Jan 11 2006 12:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I remember Eureka's Castle, Weinerviolle, and The Elephant show.
Loved the elephant show, and I thought Weinerville was alright (especially because they showed old cartoons like Rocky and Bullwinkle).

I hated, with a firey passion that rivals hell itself, Eureeka's castle. As a kid, I really thought it was one of the most boring and stupid thing I had ever seen. The worst thing about that show though , was that it was on during what I like to call The TV Doldrums, so all you could do was sit there, shutup, and watch it, or go outside and attempt to play in the 100 degree heat.

Speaking of Welcome Freshman though, I loved that show. I'll never forget when Walter had to make a speech in front of the whole school, and he started going on about how he got sand in his crack at the beach.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jan 11 2006 04:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

My favorite part of Welcome Freshmen was easily the Merv-U-Mentary.
Rycona
Title: The Maestro
PostPosted: Jan 12 2006 02:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

On that list, I can only recall Eureka's Castle and Weinerville. I used to be a good kid when I was younger, but I faked sick one day in 1st grade so I could stay home and watch a marathon of Eureka's Castle. I remember Eureka, Magellan, and Batley (sp), that's about it. I have the theme on a burned CD though along with a bunch of other Nickelodeon themes and bunches of other stuff. Weinerville I found to be a very interesting an entertaining show. Again, I call back very little from it and would like to watch it again.

RIP Hacker.

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Jan 12 2006 03:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think anyone watched it, but the man responsible for the voice of the Crypt Keeper (I think John Kassir) had a short-lived kid's show in the vein of Weinerville called Johnnytime on the USA Network (around the same time they had shows like Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, and Savage Dragon...right when I remember the heydays of wrestling and watching some WWF morning show).

Reply to topic

Jump to: