[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Mario Kart DS

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Nov 19 2005 12:14 am Reply with quote Back to top

I can say without any much hyperbole, that this game is mankind's crowning acheivement. Holy crap. I've been playing against greeneyedzeke using the Nintendo Wi-Fi and it is damn fun. In additional to a bunch of new races, the game has classic levels from the SNES, N64, GBA, and GCN games. If you have a DS, get this game. If you don't, it's a great reason to buy one.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
SamanthaMcPoopenstein
Title: Gadabout Ragamuffin
PostPosted: Nov 21 2005 11:02 am Reply with quote Back to top

Must... Get... Now...

But, damn! DS is coming out with so many awesome games and I don't have enough money. I'm still backed up with games I want from LAST year's fall flood, and I have to keep some cash aside for Zelda.
Soap on a Rope
Title: stronger and stronger
PostPosted: Dec 06 2005 09:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

Indeed. I've been finding this one difficult to put down. This game is made of god and win. I like how they put so many SMB3 references in it.

I find the inclusion of Dry Bones to be funny, too. Koopa Troopa rises from the dead!

<cursive>Soap on a Rope</cursive>

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Dec 06 2005 10:54 am Reply with quote Back to top

Soap on a Rope wrote:
I like how they put so many SMB3 references in it.

Me too. The first time I played the airship level, I marked out bigtime.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Murdar Machene
Title: bimmy
PostPosted: Dec 06 2005 08:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I like NINTENDOGS! LOLLER! NO. I would definitely buy a DS for Mario Kart, as well as Advance Wars Black hole rising. Is there a castlevania coming out for DS soon? I heard something about that. I loved Aria of Sorrow for GBA, I'd like to see a worthy follow up.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Dec 06 2005 09:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Murdar Machene wrote:
Is there a castlevania coming out for DS soon? I heard something about that. I loved Aria of Sorrow for GBA, I'd like to see a worthy follow up.

Yeah, it's already out. It's called Dawn of Sorrow and it's absolutely fantastic. It's pretty much a direct sequel to Aria of Sorrow, you get to play as Soma Cruz again.
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Dec 07 2005 04:47 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Murdar Machene wrote:
Is there a castlevania coming out for DS soon? I heard something about that. I loved Aria of Sorrow for GBA, I'd like to see a worthy follow up.

Yeah, it's already out. It's called Dawn of Sorrow and it's absolutely fantastic. It's pretty much a direct sequel to Aria of Sorrow, you get to play as Soma Cruz again.

There's even connection bonuses if you have Aria of Sorrow in your GBA slot and you start a new game with Dawn of Sorrow.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Murdar Machene
PostPosted: Dec 16 2005 07:25 am Reply with quote Back to top

Answer me this: does dawn of sorrow have the silver bullet handgun, or any kind of gun, as aria did?

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Dec 16 2005 09:08 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah it does.... there are 2 handguns. They're probably the best range weapons, but they're still weak as hell.
Murdar Machene
PostPosted: Dec 16 2005 03:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I wasn't going to ask my parents for anything for christmas, but maybe a DS and dawn of sorrow would be good....not that I deserve it, of course.

Is is just me or did they make Soma Cruz look way too much like Rei Ayanami from neon genesis evangelion?

Regarding Mario Kart DS, I have a really funny japanese commercial for it, with the best depiction of americans I've ever seen, I'll upload it and link you later.
Reply to topic

Jump to: