"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
The general RAW thread

Reply to topic
Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Feb 24 2009 12:49 am Reply with quote Back to top

After the awesomeness that was Steph McMahon getting RKO'd last week, I was expecting nothing less than a sledgehammer duel, not unlike the motorcycle duel from that episode of the Simpsons. I was disappointed.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

uncle joe
PostPosted: Feb 24 2009 05:38 am Reply with quote Back to top

I wish he had punted her. I guess they're leaving that for WM25.

MistakedInVain
Title: I get a title?O_O
PostPosted: Mar 10 2009 08:38 am Reply with quote Back to top

Well, no matter what happens in the comings week leading up to WrestleMania 25, I'm willing to bet this is the actual "Passing of the Torch" to Randy Orton from Triple H as the top guy. I'm not saying Triple H will fall out of the main event scene, but I do believe that at WrestleMania 25 Randy Orton will finally be "THE Top Guy" in the company. Of course, I could always be completely wrong, but I sincerely hope I am not. The last thing I want to see is Triple H being victorious over Orton in the main event. *Shudders at the thought.*

I usually don't make a signature. Obviously, this is an exception. An exception which I will choose to ignore for all of eternity. Or, at least, until I get bored with it.

Ghandi
Title: Alexz Aficionado
PostPosted: Mar 10 2009 10:49 am Reply with quote Back to top

They can both lose for all I care. I'd, as odd as it sounds coming from me, rather see HHH win. Orton's just a pretty boy who's going to be an obscure trivia question anyway. He's also ran into some trouble with his backstage antics.

At least HHH married the boss' daughter before trying to throw his weight around.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Mar 10 2009 12:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

There is talk right now, that Vince is losing touch with the audiences and do not know what they want anymore, and so he goes to HHH for help.

There is talk right now, that when Vince retires he may pass the company torch over to HHH. IF that happens, HHH should retire to work backstage, and not be Jeff Jarrett all over again.
IceWarm
PostPosted: Mar 10 2009 02:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I got turned off from all wrestling when Triple H was winning title after title and not allowing other people to get a shot or to really advance. I stopped watching wrestling back in 2005.

"Anybody who ever built an empire, or changed the world, sat where you are now. And it’s because they sat there that they were able to do it."

"Fighting in a basement offers a lot of difficulties, number one being, you're fighting in a basement."

"You're Not So Tough Without Your Veggie!"

Ghandi
Title: Alexz Aficionado
PostPosted: Mar 10 2009 04:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Knyte wrote:
There is talk right now, that Vince is losing touch with the audiences and do not know what they want anymore....

This common knowledge is JUST NOW reaching Vince? Laughing

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

Valdronius
PostPosted: Mar 24 2009 02:36 am Reply with quote Back to top

I saw some people talking about in the chat room tonight, but didn't read what they wrote because I hadn't watched it yet. Though I got the sentiment that they didn't like the ending.

I would like to go on record as saying that I am absolutely loving the Orton angle.

He started off attacking Vince because of threats to be fired, and claimed he had no control, but his character has slowing been degenerating into a being of pure evil. His ego didn't let him feel bad for attacking Vince, and met the challenge when Shane came at him, and like him or not, he did a good job of portraying shock and horror when he RKO'ed Stephanie.

Tonight showed that, like MacBeth, he is now just doing evil for the sake of doing evil. DDT on Stephanie, no remorse. Kissing her just to fuck with HHH's head, awesome. He did show some fear when he nailed Hunter with the sledgehammer, but I think next week, or at Wrestlemania, we will see a character completely devoid of remorse.

I don't care if you hate him, I thoroughly enjoy this angle, and Orton is doing a great job of selling it.

Klimbatize wrote:

Valdronius
PostPosted: May 06 2009 07:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

In an effort to generate discussion, I would like to make the following statements from Monday night.

1) I loved Mike Mizanin's shoot on Cena

2) I loved Cena's mugging while staring down Big Show

Discuss.

Klimbatize wrote:

DoctorOrpheus
Title: Title: Title: Title
PostPosted: May 07 2009 10:01 am Reply with quote Back to top

Cena is trash and I love seeing him get booed. And Miz's shoot was great - I hope they keep letting him do it.

ImageImage

Ba'al
Title: Zerg Zergling
PostPosted: May 07 2009 07:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Was the shoot uploaded to youtube at all? I barely watch even TNA nowadays.

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
PostPosted: May 07 2009 07:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I did love the completely weird interaction between Angle and Foley on Impact last week.

I also surmise that Val really dislikes Cena. To me, his is the new Hulk Hogan. Kids love him. He sells tickets and tee shirts so Vince loves him, which means we're stuck with him for awhile.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: May 07 2009 08:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The difference is that everyone loved Hulk Hogan back in the day, because they were no smarks. Smarks hate Cena.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
PostPosted: May 07 2009 08:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

You had the dirt sheets that were for the smark, but they were underground newletters with limited distrobution. Thanks to the internet, what used to be hundreds, is now tens of thousands.
SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: May 07 2009 08:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting point, Syd. I wonder if Hulk would be as big as he is if the net and smarks had been around then.

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Ba'al
Title: Zerg Zergling
PostPosted: May 07 2009 08:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

To be honest, Hogan has his "moves of doom" and could've easily been disliked by "smarter" fans for being boring, but he has tremendous presence and had legendary matchups with Andre, Randy Savage, Warrior, Ric Flair, Undertaker, etc. He has a whole slew of matches with other legendary wrestlers, meanwhile Cena is wrestling the same damn guys every storyline.(Edge and Orton)

Reply to topic

Jump to: