"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Flaming Syd

Reply to topic
JonSnow
PostPosted: Dec 15 2006 02:06 am Reply with quote Back to top

Really that guy's on fire... : )....

umm suggestions is what this is really about. i'll just lis them arrogantly and condescendingly...

1.) a Quick Reply option, basically when you're logged in you get a box at the bottom of the screen that has teh basic options of posting a response to a thread does, such as quoting people etc.. and bolding... and you just type in that box, click submit bam it's on there... if you want to do extra stuff like emoticons, you can click Go Advanced, or the standard Post Reply, which will bring you to the set up I'm using now.. If interested or have question will explain in more detail. (note this is popular in other places)

2.) Getting more of the tradtion smiley's, or just smiley's in general, we have a good enough array, so this isn't a huge one but there are some nice one's out there.. like one of a smily jutting out's it's tongue intermittenly, as in off and on... which is pretty cool... I personally don't really use smileys the majority of the time unless i'm trying to have some fun : )...

3.) I'll add more as they come to me... ahh wait here's one... to avoid double posting have like a minute wait before you can post again.. (you know when people accidentally click submit twice or something... this isn't a huge issue really though...

The One Truth Will Prevail
Brawl Code: 1805-1876-7506

Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: Dec 15 2006 02:17 am Reply with quote Back to top

1. Quick reply is kinda nice I guess, but I normally prefer the regular one. That and since no one's had issues replying so far, I think Syd and I are far more concerned with getting up new content.
2. Traditional smileys? There's a tongue sticking out, it's just not animated so you'll have to deal, but clearly by reading the threads it's the unconventional ones that people prefer, such as Hammer Time! Mario Kirby 1-UP Megaman BURN! This Is A Joke that get all the usage around here
3. People will normally just delete their own. There is a problem with double posts which JEW is always quick to talk about, but it's a different kind of double post

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

JonSnow
PostPosted: Dec 15 2006 02:30 am Reply with quote Back to top

you can delete your own post? hmm most sites only allow edits, and admins can delete...

well also as to you points.

1.) it's just an option, and it could be they don't really talk about it, because they haven't experienced the convienience of quick reply to know to want it : )...

2.) yeah a animated pic of a tongue sticking out would be nice Razz, even though it's old fashion it is good at expressing certain emotions....

3.) ahhh... well just a possiblity, I never had too much problem with double posting in the way i have described it the past, but it has happened before..

Dr. Jeebus
PostPosted: Dec 15 2006 02:39 am Reply with quote Back to top

Well I think you can. I'm a mod so I can delete anyone's posts. If you can't, you can just edit it to say nothing other than "mods: delete double post please"

UsaSatsui wrote:

JonSnow
PostPosted: Dec 15 2006 02:44 am Reply with quote Back to top

Dr. Jeebus wrote:
Well I think you can. I'm a mod so I can delete anyone's posts. If you can't, you can just edit it to say nothing other than "mods: delete double post please"

Ahh this revelation of your option is insightful to me, as i now realize the meaning of past events..

If you were listed under mod, i would have known, but I guess as syd's bro he might as well give you the optoin..

i take it you guy's don't live together correct?

(and this does tie into a suggestion, whic is the purpsoe this thread, that is being more sharing/open)

Dr. Jeebus
PostPosted: Dec 15 2006 03:01 am Reply with quote Back to top

We do for the time being, why?

UsaSatsui wrote:

JonSnow
PostPosted: Dec 15 2006 03:12 am Reply with quote Back to top

Because i find it funny when he posts stuff for you here when he can just tell you, but i guess you either one (try to seperate forum life and your day to day conversations) or you two you don't get to see eachother much... or for some reason syd find's it awkward... /shrug maybe syd want's to get his post count up : ).

Dr. Jeebus
PostPosted: Dec 15 2006 03:18 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sorry, how the fuck does that tie into a suggestion? Are you suggesting he not leave me messages on the forums? (Something that I don't recall him doing anyway)

UsaSatsui wrote:

Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Dec 15 2006 03:32 am Reply with quote Back to top

You guys need to get a room. Seriously. This thread, the Heroes thread, the Video Game Quote thread. Stop the madness! Bleating and Babbling

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Dr. Jeebus
PostPosted: Dec 15 2006 03:36 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm lurking and there's no one else to reply to. And I'd rather just ban him from the forums than get a room, but Syd's gonna be all touchy feely about it.

UsaSatsui wrote:

JonSnow
PostPosted: Dec 15 2006 03:40 am Reply with quote Back to top

What can i say jeebus is drawn to me.... I was just curious btw...

Anyway another suggestion:

4) you know when you click quote and the "[quote.]" pops up? I'd like it if both popped up together, just so i don't haev to go back up adn click to end teh quote, right now i just double click the button, click in the middle and paste whomever i want to quote... but i think it'd be a preferred feature... and if you wanted you could make them both appear with a space between to make it easier to click between them and paste what you want to quote..

and do thsi for all the test... i do like the fact i can paste a quote highlight, then click quote and it'll put both things around for me... but i'd prefer it if you could also do above, that way you just click quote, click inbetween, paste..

as opposed to paste, highlight, click quote

Or double click quote, click in between, paste.[/quote]

Dr. Jeebus
PostPosted: Dec 15 2006 03:46 am Reply with quote Back to top

If you're quoting someone, just click the quote button on their post since you know you can. All of the buttons make an opening and closing and I don't see that changing.

UsaSatsui wrote:

JonSnow
PostPosted: Dec 15 2006 03:49 am Reply with quote Back to top

someimtes you're quoting multiple people... and i still want an open and close tag i just want when i click the button for it to pop up like this for me:

Example: [quote.][./quote]

then i'll click in the middle and just paste what i want.. right now that works but i have to double click.. and some times when i mess stuff up because of the way it works... with posting the opening and closing individually...

and again right now i just double click quote twice ina row, then click in teh middle and paste i find it much faster than..

clcik quote, paste, go up click quote again...

but i think having them both appear at once would be the most preferred. like in the above example would be optimal, but without the "." of course : ).

Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Dec 15 2006 03:56 am Reply with quote Back to top

Just use Ctrl-V like everybody else. You don't even have to move your mouse off of the quote button. (Or whatever the Mac hotkey for Paste is).

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Dr. Jeebus
PostPosted: Dec 15 2006 03:59 am Reply with quote Back to top

Who there, now who needs a room Razz

UsaSatsui wrote:

JonSnow
PostPosted: Dec 15 2006 04:02 am Reply with quote Back to top

sweet that is awesome but it'd still be nice if didn't have to click twice... so i click they both pop up.. the cursor is automatically between them so all i need to do is press Crtl + V... then the cursor automatically jumps to after the end quote tag. as in automatically jumps past [./quote] and then i continue typing whatever i want... saves a click...

Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Dec 15 2006 04:28 am Reply with quote Back to top

Dr. Jeebus wrote:
Who there, now who needs a room Razz

Right now I'm tempted to make you guys an uber-room where every exchange you two have ever shared would be moved to... But there'd be no transitions and would just make people's heads explode to try to make sense of.

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

JonSnow
PostPosted: Dec 15 2006 05:48 am Reply with quote Back to top

5.) maybe it'd be nice to have the number of person's post to appear under their name, and potentialyl allow special things to people who have posted X many times... Or maybe make two criteria beign here Y amount of time and posting X amount o things... or just go wtih number of posts... like 50 posts might remove a new member title that automatically assigned to new member, maybe it changes it to like just member... and then at 100 you're something else, and at 150 you can give yourself a title... but your title cannot imply your an admin, and admin maybe should have that below their name so people know when they post...

also maybe you can give admin's a different color of text when they post, just to make them feel cool... and show their admins...

personally i dont' care for the majority of the above suggestions, i never cared about post count, avatars, or titles.. but thought i'd throw it out there..

Dr. Jeebus
PostPosted: Dec 15 2006 01:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Why are you suggesting things you don't actually want then, especially since it's pretty generic forum stuff that must have deliberately not been done?

UsaSatsui wrote:

DarkMaze
PostPosted: Dec 15 2006 01:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Because he wants to "stir up conversation", like he keeps saying. You know, by making statements/requests/demands that he later says he didn't actually want/mean.

As if we're somehow incapable of conversing on our own without instigation.

Discuss.
Dr. Jeebus
PostPosted: Dec 15 2006 01:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Here's the discussion: If Syd doesn't want it, then it isn't happening. When the forums started there were a bunch of things I felt should have been available (posts counts, the list at the bottom page of what users are currently logged in and how many lurkers there are, etc.). If I couldn't change his mind, then you definately can't.

UsaSatsui wrote:

Char Aznable
Title: Char Classicâ„¢
PostPosted: Dec 15 2006 01:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Because this is SydLexia fucking .com, bitch!

S. McCracken
Title: Enforcer
PostPosted: Dec 15 2006 03:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Dr. Jeebus wrote:
Here's the discussion: If Syd doesn't want it, then it isn't happening. When the forums started there were a bunch of things I felt should have been available (posts counts, the list at the bottom page of what users are currently logged in and how many lurkers there are, etc.). If I couldn't change his mind, then you definately can't.

Would you guys seriously either get a fucking grip on yourselves or just shut the fuck up already? You are ruining EVERY THREAD.

Char Aznable
Title: Char Classicâ„¢
PostPosted: Dec 15 2006 03:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Two forces, locked in a battle to the death, have the potential to seriously fuck up every thread with their destructive power. JonSnow and Jeebus star in. . .Mortal Forum Kombat: Arma-fucking-geddon.

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Dec 15 2006 05:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

so once again, whats the big deal with double posting?

Reply to topic

Jump to: