WrestleMania: The Complete Anthology

Reply to topic
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Aug 26 2005 07:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Any thoughts on the new DVD set?

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/645/645824p1.html

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Aug 26 2005 10:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Let's see that's $280 (plus tax) for the first twenty Wrestlemanias which comes out to roughly $14 per Wrestlemania. $14-16 is a pretty standard Best Buy price for a special edition movie DVD, so even with all the extras it's not like it's a particularly good deal. I much rather just buy my favorite Wrestlemanias then get a set with the first 20. After 14 or 15 they kinda started to to go downhill.

I would much rather see packages done year by year like a 1990 package with all the PPVs from that year and then highlights from the Saturday Main Events or Monday Night Raws or whatever TV shows they had going that year.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Tebor
PostPosted: Aug 27 2005 12:57 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
   Let's see that's $280 (plus tax)

Note that estimated prices are that or higher depending on where you live. They listen Constantine being $30 for the 2 disc, but I got it at BBY for about $20. Same with box sets. I still see it being $250 easy, but check out the BBY ads that first week it's out. You still make a strong valid point about getting the ones you want vs. ALL!

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Aug 27 2005 01:14 am Reply with quote Back to top

I've seen places like Target and FYE charge upwards of $19.99 - 25.99 for some new releases, but I would never pay that. I don't care how many special features it has. When I see both Wayne's World movies and both Ghostbusters movies at $9.99 each, I suddenly can't bring myself to $25 for the 2 disc Anchorman set.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Tebor
PostPosted: Aug 27 2005 03:28 am Reply with quote Back to top

2-Disc!? I got the three disc. I'm still VERY happy about that choice. Very Happy

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Aug 27 2005 09:07 am Reply with quote Back to top

I was thinking of the 2-pack with Anchorman and Wake Up, Ron Burgundy, I guess that is 3 discs... my bad. I'm generally hesitant to buy comedies because you KNOW they'll get shown ad nausem on TBS and TNT within a year or two of the initial DVD release and jokes get less funny when you hear them over and over again. I can only watch Holy Grail like once every two years because I've just seen it too many times. Besides, you only need to see a movie two or three times to memorize all the good quotes. And quoting a movie is the next best thing to actually watching it.
Tebor
PostPosted: Aug 27 2005 03:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Besides, you only need to see a movie two or three times to memorize all the good quotes. And quoting a movie is the next best thing to actually watching it.

True, true, but sometimes watching a movie over and over is about the visual of it. You can quote "Batman and Robin" until the cows come home, but you need to see that horrible clip of Robin choking in the water where he comes out and then they just reverse it so he goes back under. A shot later, it's the same shot played out in its entirety.

That film is my Patch Adams, I watch it whenever I'm sick. Interestingly enough, I usually get better afterwards Shocked

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Aug 27 2005 05:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Tebor wrote:

True, true, but sometimes watching a movie over and over is about the visual of it. You can quote "Batman and Robin" until the cows come home, but you need to see that horrible clip of Robin choking in the water where he comes out and then they just reverse it so he goes back under. A shot later, it's the same shot played out in its entirety.

I agree, but I tend to find it to be more true with action movies than comedies. As a result, I tend to own more action movies. Movies like Commando or Running Man. A lot of Arnie's one-liners just aren't as good without the visual. Where's Sully? I had to let him go. Classic.
Tebor
PostPosted: Aug 27 2005 09:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I think this post needs to be moved to movies as it got completely off topic. Embarrassed

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Aug 28 2005 12:36 am Reply with quote Back to top

Tebor wrote:
I think this post needs to be moved to movies as it got completely off topic. Embarrassed

NEVER! Twisted Evil
Reply to topic

Jump to: