[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Where's Christian Cage?

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Dec 06 2008 08:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Christian's contract with TNA expired at the beginning of the month, and so far there's no word on what's going. The dirtsheets speculated he was going to the WWE, but the WWE is terrible at keeping their signings secret and there hasn't been any solid rumors or news on him in over a week. Also, his profile is still featured on TNA.com, and they are notorious for taking down profiles as soon as guys leave. Whatever happens, he needs to be on my TV.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
MOGHARR
Title: The Original CandyWafer
PostPosted: Dec 06 2008 11:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The last time I saw him on, some dude was bitching him out for thinking about going over to the WWE.

"Well I don`t judge most things by graphics, reality has amazing graphics, and I don`t like it, that`s why I play video games." Laminated Sky on Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Dec 07 2008 12:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, he lost a match at the last PPV, and because of a stipulation in the match, he was supposed to join Kurt Angle's Main Event Mafia. Instead, when he came down to the ring at the next episode of Impact, Angle accused him of being in negotiations with WWE and the MEM beat the hell out of him and refused to let him join. He hasn't been on TV since. If he's re-signed with TNA, I imagine he'll be at the PPV on Sunday.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Ba'al
Title: Zerg Zergling
PostPosted: Dec 07 2008 10:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I really miss "Capt. Charisma" Christian, I enjoy him much more as a heel. If he does stay with TNA though, he'll most likely continue as a face after what happened.

Ghandi
Title: Alexz Aficionado
PostPosted: Dec 07 2008 11:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

CLB is missing? Sad

I expect he'll be on WWE. Wrestlers move back and forth all the time.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Dec 07 2008 11:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Guys seem to jump over to WWE from TNA because the money's better. But it never really seems to help them. Look at Sabu. He was huge in TNA, jumped over to WWE for the money, and he was no one there. Or Ron "The Truth" Killings. He was World Champion in TNA, and he's done little of note in his WWE return as R-Truth.

Not that I blame guys for going to the WWE. The pay is better and the matches are far less physically demanding. Gail Kim is back in the WWE, where she'll fight midcard matches against divas who are there to throw slaps and look pretty, rather than bonafide female wrestlers.

So basically, Christian Cage can stay in TNA, where he's mostly liked guaranteed another title run if he re-signs, or he can go to the WWE where he'll make more money and get stuck in the midcard. Edge and Michael Hayes are both pushing for Christian's return, but Vince wasn't impressed with him last time around.
Ba'al
PostPosted: Dec 07 2008 11:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

If he does go back to WWE, I hope Vince won't seek vengeance on him for jumping ship and make him debut in main eventer status and have him rapidly decline permanently into the mid-card or even low-card.

*CoughRVDCough*

MOGHARR
PostPosted: Dec 08 2008 10:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Awww, Gail Kim went to the WWE? That's ridiculous, she was all about being a real female wrestler. She hated divas and all that shit. What a hippocrate.

"Well I don`t judge most things by graphics, reality has amazing graphics, and I don`t like it, that`s why I play video games." Laminated Sky on Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
Ghandi
Title: Alexz Aficionado
PostPosted: Dec 09 2008 05:13 am Reply with quote Back to top

MOGHARR wrote:
Awww, Gail Kim went to the WWE? That's ridiculous, she was all about being a real female wrestler. She hated divas and all that shit. What a hippocrate.

She went BACK to the WWE Wink

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Dec 09 2008 07:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

MOGHARR wrote:

More money, less work.

Though the WWE has a few semi-legitimate female wrestlers now like Beth Phoenix.
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Dec 09 2008 08:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe, just maybe, WWE will start to have some serious Female Wrestling again. (Divas aren't wrestlers.) But, has it stands right now, quality female wrestling left when Stratus and Lita left. (Not to mention Jackie and Ivory as well.)
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jan 18 2009 08:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

According to a recent interview with TNA President Dixie Carter, Christian is indeed back with the WWE.

It has been rumored for weeks that he was going to return to the WWE, align himself with Edge, and feud with Jeff Hardy; this would seem to be official confirmation. That, or it's a work. But it's probably not.
MOGHARR
PostPosted: Jan 18 2009 08:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

weak

Ba'al
PostPosted: Jan 18 2009 09:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So they're going to have him team with Edge again, and probably feud with the Hardys and eventually set up a TLC match at whatever PPV? Well, that's what I'm guessing...

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Jan 19 2009 12:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

He is going to be revealed as the mystery person whose been messing with Jeff Hardy. (Beat him up in his hotel room a few weeks ago, and more recently was the one who commited the hit and run on Jeff and his girlfriend.)
wunstar
Title: Mr. I guess??
PostPosted: Jan 30 2009 04:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I think he is going to WWE to team with Jeff and fight against Edge and Matt

TLC with the 4 of them would be great to watch

Never feed a baby black root...

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Feb 15 2009 07:53 am Reply with quote Back to top

So Christian debuted on ECW, which is essentially the WWE's dumping ground. It's a place for guys who are past their prime and guys who aren't good enough to be on the real WWE shows. This is a far cry from the original plan, which was to have him team with Edge against the Hardys. Of course, those plans got leaked, so Vince decided that he had to pull a SWERVE SWERVE OH MAH GAWD SWEEEEEEEEEEERVE on the internet fans, even though they were genuinely excited about a Hardys vs. Edge and Christian feud. Oh well.

I can't imagine Christian's happy with this.
Adrenaline
Title: Local Canadian!
PostPosted: Feb 15 2009 01:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Im sure he'll get drafted, which by the way the draft is like a week after Mania. But he'll probably do like maybe one feud in Ecw then go to Smackdown or Raw is my guess.

nihilisticglee
PostPosted: Feb 15 2009 04:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/8346/

http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/8358/

Two very different views on the whole Christian situation.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Feb 15 2009 11:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, wonder how long of a deal Christian signed.
SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Feb 16 2009 04:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I dunno where he is, but my favorite memories of Christian were he and Chris Jericho working together circa...what...2002ish? The feud they had with the Dudley Boys might very well be my favorite comedy feud of all time. (The best part was when the Boys stole Jericho and Christian's gym bags and emptied the contents all over the ring, resulting in Chris Jericho's classic line, "dammit Devon! Put down my...I mean, put down Christian's ass cream!")

Anyway, so I'm not purely sucking up thread space, I'll add that I would really, really like to see him back with the WWE, as long as they use him well. If he's just gonna be shoved into the background again, though, forget it. He'd be better off at TNA. Either way, I'm with Syd; he needs to be on TV.

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Reply to topic

Jump to: