Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Nov 13 2005 07:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Holy shit, guys:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051113/ap_en_tv/obit_guerrero
November 13th, 2005 3:00 PM EST

MINNEAPOLIS - Eduardo Gory Guerrero, a World Wrestling Entertainment superstar was found dead in his hotel room Sunday in Minneapolis, where he was scheduled to appear that evening in a WWE Supershow. He was 38.

When he didn't respond to a wake-up call, hotel security at Minneapolis Marriott City Center and Guerrero's nephew and fellow WWE wrestler, Chavo Guerrero, forced their way into the room, police said.

There were no apparent signs of foul play or suicide, police said. An autopsy was planned at the Hennepin County medical examiner's office.

He was a featured star on the UPN series "WWE Smackdown!" and son of Mexican wrestler Gory Guerrero.

Chavo Guerrero and McMahon said Guerrero was open about his past drug and alcohol abuse but they said he'd been sober for four years.

In February 2004, Guerrero became the second wrestler of Hispanic heritage to be WWE champion when he defeated Brock Lesnar, a former University of Minnesota wrestling standout. Guerrero lost the title four months later.

In May 2004, UPN aired the special "Cheating Death, Stealing Life: The Eddie Guerrero Story." The one-hour program chronicled his childhood and his struggle with drug addiction that almost cost him his job, family and life before his recovery and eventual capture of the WWE championship.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Nov 13 2005 09:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Within seconds of opening this thread, I received a call from someone telling me the exact same news. Apparently it was heart failure. RIP Latino Heat.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: Nov 14 2005 10:16 am Reply with quote Back to top

Eddie was a great wrestler and shall be missed, but am I the only person that has misread this headline EVERY SINGLE TIME and keeps thinking it says Eddie Gordo? It sucks to have to constantly reread a headline to make sure a fictional character isn't dead.

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

Murdar Machene
Title: bimmy
PostPosted: Nov 14 2005 04:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Naw, but I told my friend on AIM that Eddie Gordo died, his response was "From Tekken?". I then proceeded to explain the greatness of Latino Heat.
Rycona
Title: The Maestro
PostPosted: Nov 14 2005 04:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

My friend Arison and I also got a phone call on Sunday about the news of Eddie Guerrero's death. We couldn't believe it at first, the source wasn't someone we usually talked to or had faith in although he is really into wrestling. We checked with a closer associate and found out it was true.

It's always quite devastating to hear of someone dying, especially someone who fought his demons and overcame them as Eddie did. He was an excellent wrestler and was prominent in different types of wrestling. I've seen old footage of him wrestling in Japan which is usually great and even his matches under the WCW and WWF/E's logos were on the upper part of my scale, comparatively (sp) and secularly, both incorporating technical skill with ring psychology.

He was also a best friend of both Dean Malenko and Chris Benoit, both of whom are also great wrestlers in my book. I hope they are doing well and I look forward to seeing how Benoit is, if he's on the tele.

My friend and I are going to someone else's house to watch Raw tonight to see what sort of tribute they're going to do and see what they did for last night. I don't know anything, but my friend looks stuff up online about wrestling, so he most likely already knows.

Rest in peace, Eddie Guerrero, and hopefully wrestling will become at least a little bit better in the wake of your death.

RIP Hacker.

Reply to topic

Jump to: