[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Fox VS Common Sense: Treehouse of Horrors in November

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Oct 09 2005 06:39 am Reply with quote Back to top

In the last 6 or 7 years, I don't think Fox has aired a single The Simpsons Halloween episode in October. In most of these years, Treehouse of Horrors has been the season premiere and when that's the case, I can ALMOST forgive them. This year, Fox finally got their shit together and started the season in September but they're still not airing the Halloween episode until November 6th, almost a full week after Halloween is over and everyone's cheesy decorations are down. What the fuck is that? Sunday, October 30th, would be the absolute perfect time to air the new Treehouse of Horrors. What the hell is wrong with them?
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Oct 09 2005 09:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sure baseball is a factor. Personally, I'm more worried about FOX airing reruns of Alias. One network can not contain both Alias and 24. The world would just implode!! My DVD shelf with the two side by side has already burst into flames and locust about 27 times.

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Oct 09 2005 09:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Simpsons is more important than baseball, especially when the Red Sox have been eliminated.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
B.B.King
Title: Total Fucking Loser
PostPosted: Oct 09 2005 09:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

baseball is so boring. but then again,the new simpsons episodes (im counting the past few seasons) havent been up to par.

still,id rather watch a semi funny half hour of simpsons then 4 hours of boring baseball.

I am a worthless piece of crap.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: Oct 11 2005 10:43 am Reply with quote Back to top

If the Red Sox are playing, then even the birth of my own child would have to wait. Otherwise, put the fucking Simpsons on.

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

S. McCracken
Title: Enforcer
PostPosted: Oct 13 2005 03:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Let's be honest...when is the last time you laughed really, REALLY hard at a new Simpsons joke? Or found yourself thinking about the episode and/or swapping funny one-liners from it with your friends? The fact is that the Simpsons is no longer relevant or funny. If people want relevant humor then South Park and The Daily Show are much funnier and much wittier. If people want the odd, goofball-ish, and clever animated comedy that The Simpsons used to provide, then Family Guy and most of the shows on Adult Swim have them beat hands down.

Yes, The Simpsons came first. Yes, Homer was the fat, semi-retarded father married to a mostly-sensible wife raising three offbeat children way before Peter Griffin was even a glint in Seth MacFarlane's eyes. But the truth is that Family Guy does it better; it's clever, funnier, fresher, and more risque than Homer and Co.

Quagmire, Joe, and Cleveland aren't just as cool as Carl, Lenny, and Barney; they're better. Am I the only one who would punch Lisa if she were real? Who would you rather meet if this were real life, Homer or Peter?

Make mine Family Guy. May The Simpsons rest in peace.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Oct 13 2005 06:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

While I would agree that Family Guy is the better show right now, I would much rather meet Homer. Homer is a more likable character and unlike Peter, his criminally dangerous stupidity rarely gets anyone around him hurt. Plus Homer doesn't fart as much.
S. McCracken
PostPosted: Oct 14 2005 10:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

Peter didn't even fart until he was 30. And he doesn't burp half as much as Homer does.

Dr. Jeebus
PostPosted: Oct 14 2005 03:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Spanky, bringing up Lisa wasn't a good idea, because Lisa is a far more compelling character than Meg. Otherwise, yeah, Family Guy is better.

UsaSatsui wrote:

B.B.King
PostPosted: Oct 14 2005 03:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

theres 2 cartoon chars i wanna punch in the face. Peggy hill,and Lisa simpson. i hate them so much.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
S. McCracken
PostPosted: Oct 18 2005 12:37 am Reply with quote Back to top

Dr. Jeebus wrote:
Spanky, bringing up Lisa wasn't a good idea, because Lisa is a far more compelling character than Meg. Otherwise, yeah, Family Guy is better.

Meg? Don't you mean Ron?

B.B.King
PostPosted: Oct 18 2005 09:39 am Reply with quote Back to top

hah. i love family guy because they arent afraid to do things like that (have meg change her gender). they arent afraid to do whatever they want with their characters..have them age,or change very significantly,or kill them off left and right.

whats the biggest thing they've done to change the simpsons latley? killing off mod flanders like 3 seasons ago? Getting a new kitchen this season? wow. amazing.

thats the problem with the simpsons now. we are all to used to it. the kids never get older and nothing ever drastic ever happens without the end of the episode returning everything to normal.

Dr. Jeebus
PostPosted: Oct 18 2005 11:55 am Reply with quote Back to top

When they got the new kitchen it never returned to normal in that episode, but in no subsequent episode do I recall the kitchen being any different.

UsaSatsui wrote:

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Oct 19 2005 03:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Lisa became a buddhist and since then has never eaten meat. But I think that's it.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Oct 19 2005 03:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

lordsathien wrote:
Lisa became a buddhist and since then has never eaten meat. But I think that's it.

Maude Flanders never came back from the dead... yet! Well except in that Halloween episode but those aren't canon. However Dr. Marvin Monroe was supposed to be dead and they brought him back at some point in the last few seasons. I don't ever rememeber him dying, but it was a trivia question during the Simpsons 100th episode.
B.B.King
PostPosted: Oct 19 2005 03:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

they never said anything about him dying,it was just supposed to be implied.

"implied..or implode.."

Dr. Jeebus
PostPosted: Oct 20 2005 12:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

They brought Dr. Marvin Monroe back just to show that "yes, he's alive afterall", but I don't think they've shown him once since that episode.

UsaSatsui wrote:

Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Nov 06 2005 09:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

God, these sucked!

So much potential ruined!

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Dr. Jeebus
PostPosted: Nov 07 2005 10:52 am Reply with quote Back to top

When I was 8 years old I saw two old men kissing on a bench. That was the gayest thing I had ever seen until I saw the final scene in Treehouse of Horrors XVI.

UsaSatsui wrote:

SamanthaMcPoopenstein
Title: Gadabout Ragamuffin
PostPosted: Nov 07 2005 02:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I agree, it was terrible. It seemed so slapped together at the last minute. It wouldn't have been so bad if they had just fleshed out the segments a bit more- was it me, or did they seem incredibly short? (although I'm kind of thankful for that in this case)
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Nov 08 2005 12:31 am Reply with quote Back to top

About the only time I even remotely laughed was the reference to Herbie Hancock's "Rocket."

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Reply to topic

Jump to: