SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Does anyone need original music for anything?

Reply to topic
Rycona
Title: The Maestro
PostPosted: Sep 22 2008 05:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

This is odd, but I thought I'd ask. I haven't touched my keyboard much the past few weeks over than band practice and I haven't written any compositions in a few months. I have some ideas, but I'm looking for structure I suppose.

If anybody needs music for anything, let me know. I don't have great equipment, especially since I had to sell my MicroKorg (it still hurts), but I've made some decent quality MP3s by recording directly from another cheesy keyboard. I have some examples, but I can't find them right now. When I do, I'll post them.

I'm basically just looking for any project, big or small.

EDIT: Here are the two short loops I did:

Lava Theme
Forest Theme

RIP Hacker.

ged1928
Title: A new hope
PostPosted: Sep 22 2008 10:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Dude, I had to sell my microkorg as well, it sucks. They are better than synths triple the price in my opinion.
Burt Reynolds
Title: Bentley Bear
PostPosted: Sep 23 2008 06:56 am Reply with quote Back to top

I don't need anything. However, I would like to talk to you about some things. I used to compose on my computer very frequently, but I just used a keyboard, simple midi program and a decent wavetable. I'm not too interested in the technicalities of a lot of programs. I simply like writing a score, and having it played back to me. So, I guess my question is, what programs are you using for your compositions, and do they still make software, or hell even hardware, wavetables for midi output anymore?

Dances with Wolves 2 is gonna ROCK!

Rycona
PostPosted: Sep 23 2008 04:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Unfortunately, I don't have a sound card right now, so changing wavetables, as far as I know, is at least near impossible, which is why I usually have it play out of my keyboard for recording purposes. It's not great, but it works for now until I can get some money.

In terms of software, I usually use Finale 2007 for most of the sequencing and music set up. If need be, I'll usually do editing in Audacity or Cool Edit Pro 2, but I recently lost my CEP2 somehow, so I'm stuck with Audacity, but for being freeware, Audacity is pretty nice.

On rare occasions in the past, I've used Fruit Loops to make beats. It's a good program, I just don't usually make a lot of things that need a beat loop, or I'll just put percussive stuff right on Finale.

They do still have wavetables, but as far as I know, you have to have a sound card to use them. All my sound shit in off the chip, so I'm limited in that sense. I went to get some NES wavetables a few months ago when I first got my MicroKORG, and it turned out that I couldn't get it to work.

But yea, for the most part now, I do pretty much everything in Finale 2007, record it coming out of my cheesy Yamaha, and then do any final tweaks/editing in Audacity. A simple setup, but it works for now.

RIP Hacker.

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Sep 23 2008 05:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Get a Fostex MR8 MKII. It's a digital multitracker, and it's fucking awsome. I bought that and a few condenser mic's and I've been able to record perfect quality drum tracks, as well as bass tracks. Be cooler if I could sing.
docinsano
Title: Boner King
PostPosted: Sep 29 2008 06:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

What kind of music to you specialize in? I might need someone that can give me some funk or jazz lines for some beats when I get my new PC. As for right now, just sit cool. I really need to make some tunes, but have little equipment to do it with. Don't worry, I'll figure it out either way. Yeah, I'll summon you when I need the help.
Rycona
PostPosted: Sep 29 2008 07:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well, my primary experience has been studying and emulating different genres. Of course, I have certain genres I like to weave with or what have you, but shouldn't have much trouble tackling anything. I've done funk and jazz improv at shows before, so I'd like to think I have a handle on it. Just let me know when you need something and I'll be glad to see what I can do.

RIP Hacker.

DarkMaze
PostPosted: Oct 03 2008 03:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Have you thought about hitting up the low/no-budget film circuit? And by "circuit" I really mean "message boards." Composer/musicians are worth their weight in gold to microbudget filmmakers. The only downside is that they usually have no gold to give...

By the way, I love the loops you did.
Rycona
PostPosted: Oct 03 2008 03:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Fuck! I never considered that... looks like I have some scrounging to do.

Thanks for listening, I'm glad you liked them. I really need to flush out what I have and write some more stuff, though. I love music intensely, but I swear sometimes I have ADD.

Oh, look, a kitty. =-=stares=-=

RIP Hacker.

Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Oct 03 2008 04:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I might have work for you soon Rycona... uhhhhhh, we can talk about price later... <.<

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Rycona
PostPosted: Oct 03 2008 06:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not worried about prices. I have no reputation as a musician.composer outside of my local area, so I don't expect to get paid... it's about getting the name out there, plus I love doing it, so it's not like I'm going out of my way to do some work.

On that, I had an idea for a song today and realized I need to get some more/better hardware. I can't even record directly into my computer right now, but that can be alleviated with a 1/4-1/16 converter and/or a decent sound card. I also need to get a hold of CE2 Pro again, but that shouldn't be difficult... I easily get discouraged because my mind works so much faster than I'm capable of recording or whatever, which is probably why I like to improv a lot.

RIP Hacker.

Majik
PostPosted: Oct 09 2008 08:39 am Reply with quote Back to top

I need music for my movie
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Rycona
PostPosted: Oct 09 2008 02:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

If you're looking for music, then I need more details about the project, such as the setting, plot, idea of the cinematography, and what you need certain scores to illicit from the viewer. Clips would be great if possible.

RIP Hacker.

Andrew Man
Title: Is a Funklord
PostPosted: Oct 10 2008 11:32 am Reply with quote Back to top

That sounds pretty good, I love making MIDI. I use a program called Tabit where you literally program all the instruments manually. here is some very videogamesque stuff I have been working on. New songs are coming.

http://www.myspace.com/tecknolicious

My Muzaks! CHECK IT OUT!!!
http://www.facebook.com/hellodharmaband

3DS is very good, and Wii U!

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Oct 13 2008 11:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I, on the other hand, still have MY microkorg.

Ghandi
Title: Alexz Aficionado
PostPosted: Oct 13 2008 11:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

All I can thnk of would be an interesting, looping, background track for a generic marketing video. Something you can speak over and not worry about the music getting too much attention.

Stompernet makes their own music, for example, as well as one of their CEOs being able to professionally produce videos. Anyone can make a video though, not just anyone can make good music.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

Tsunami Red
Title: Maniacal Tactician
PostPosted: Oct 17 2008 11:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ghandi wrote:
All I can thnk of would be an interesting, looping, background track for a generic marketing video. Something you can speak over and not worry about the music getting too much attention.

A bit OT, but if you're looking into creating loops and beats, Ableton Live is the way to go. It's a loop/sample based program and you can mix and match samples however you like. I recently did a hip-hop track with that program and it took me only an hour or so to complete.

Garageband has a function for podcasting where you can layer a vocal track over background music, and adjust volumes accordingly (i.e. the vocals will sound loud and clear, and the background music is audible but dimmed down to avoid drowing the vocals).

"So I say live and let live. That's my motto. Live and let live. Anyone who can't go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker. It's a simple philosophy, but it's always worked in our family." - George Carlin

Burt Reynolds
PostPosted: Oct 23 2008 06:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I've been fucking around, and I've got some good stuff to report. I still use Noteworthy Composer... it's old as hell, but It's simple and to the point. I'm not much of a sound engineer, I prefer writing a score and that's about it. But I've been messing with fruity loops, and searching around for some good VST patches and the results have been fantastic. I just write what I want, then import the midi into Fruity Loops, assign each track it's own vst, tweek the dynamics (it automaticly adjusts tempos according to the Midi file) and export it to mp3. It sounds great. I've only converted some old stuff so far, but they sound 1000x better than just general midi. I will post them when I get home.

Rycona
PostPosted: Oct 23 2008 07:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Nice! My guitarist and I are starting some side stuff and we're trying to get some hardware/software together to lessen the burden of getting our ideas down. He's been downloading a ton of VSTs and we're going to check those weekend.

Can't wait to check what you've done.

RIP Hacker.

Burt Reynolds
PostPosted: Oct 23 2008 07:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Rycona wrote:
Nice! My guitarist and I are starting some side stuff and we're trying to get some hardware/software together to lessen the burden of getting our ideas down. He's been downloading a ton of VSTs and we're going to check those weekend.

Can't wait to check what you've done.

Yeah, I'm assuming there is a better catalyst than fruity loops for assigning vst's to midi tracks, but it's what I know, and it's worked well so far. oh, btw, do you know of a good free host where I can dump the mp3s?

EDIT: btw, your forest theme kicks ass exceptionally. I feel kind of self conscious about posting my stuff. My Uematsu influence is very noticable, especially in the instrumentation, but the ones i have are several years old.

Rycona
PostPosted: Oct 23 2008 07:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Burt Reynolds wrote:
oh, btw, do you know of a good free host where I can dump the mp3s?

I've heard some things about http://www.mediafire.com/ , although I've never used it myself, as I usually end up routing files through use-bombs. It appears to be free and little hassle, as the "ProMedia" subscription deals more with statistics and security. Other than that, I can only think of www.rapidshare.com , but I don't know if that's free anymore... not to mention that it's always been a hassle for me.

RIP Hacker.

Burt Reynolds
PostPosted: Oct 24 2008 06:06 am Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, here they are. These aren't my most complex, because im still figuring out fruity, but most are game loops.

Village
http://www.mediafire.com/?wxzw1gdzwmx

eh
http://www.mediafire.com/?rjyjjmdglzj

Opening
http://www.mediafire.com/?1j0ynjnor0y

Game Over
http://www.mediafire.com/?ty203kgzmn0

Song: I was trying to make one main melody and variate it for a whole song, like some beethoven symphonies. It's not a favorite, but some of the VST's really shine on this.
http://www.mediafire.com/?kznnnkywkyt

Reply to topic

Jump to: