Ermac
Title: Thread Killer
PostPosted: Sep 24 2008 03:26 am Reply with quote Back to top

1988- NES
My dad got it for me since my neighbor had one and begged for it

1992- Super Nintendo
A Christmas Present for my brother and I

1995-Sega Genesis
Got it on my birthday after buying a Sega MasterSystem and trading it back in the same day

1995-Sega 32X
Returned all my christmas cloths in for it

1996-Sony Playstation
Got it in the Christmas of 1996 along with Mortal Kombat Trilogy

1998-Atari Jaguar
Traded a kid Resident Evil 2 and 20 bucks for it

2000-Sega DreamcastTraded my Sony Playstation with games and accesories for Dreamcast and 1 Game

2003-Nintendo Gamecube
Bought it so I could play Resident Evil 0 and Remake

2004-Sega Saturn
Bought it so I could use a mod chip

2004-Sega CD
Bought it to burn ISO's from EmuAsylum

2005-Sony Playstation 2
Traded it back in 2 months later when I needed Rent Money

2007-XBox360
Traded a computer for it

2008- XBox
Bought it cheap with 9 games but thinking of getting a Wii

Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: Sep 24 2008 08:10 am Reply with quote Back to top

Not gonna go through the years cause I won't remember:

NES
After approximately 3 years of begging, my brother and I finally got a NES for Christmas

N64
This was a gift for me for my confirmation

Gamecube
I forget when this came out, I think my senior year of HS, but my brother and I got it for Christmas that year

Dreamcast
I bought this my Sophomore year of college when they dropped down to $50

Wii
Syd bought one a couple years ago, then I bought one a few months ago with my graduation money

PS2
As soon as I can find a working one for $50 I'm getting it, but I figured I'll put it there now so I don't have to make an addendum later.

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

DoctorOrpheus
Title: Title: Title: Title
PostPosted: Sep 24 2008 09:41 am Reply with quote Back to top

I don't remember most years but I will at least list them in the order I got them.

Clecovision - It was my cousin's and I got it probably around 1989/90 (no longer have this - its the only one I got rid of)

NES - Got it about a year after the Clecovision from my parents because of the joy gaming brought me probably.

SNES - Loved the NES so much that I begged for the SNES as a Christmas present. My favorite console and it would never leave my side. My favorite RPGs and games came from this era. I still shop on ebay or local game stores for NES and SNES games (and sometimes Genesis) to play them, even if they are crappy games.

Genesis - Once the console wars started, I had to try both sides to see what the fuss was about

Sega Saturn - I have no idea when I bought this, and I don't remember many of the games but I still have it. The history I have with this system is still cloudy to me.

N64 - This was a huge investment at the time and I only bought a new game with my allowance once in a great while at first because the cartridges were so expensive. But have since bought more games for it.

Playstation - I'm not sure when/why I bought it but Sony's first system was worth it.

PS2 - It was a while before I got a new console as I entered into PC gaming and was filled with school work, but I had the PS2 a while and both Playstation 1 and 2 had some great RPGs that are at the top of my list.

Gamecube - I don't know why I got it, but I only had about 4 games for it and it didn't get much use unless I was with friends.

Dreamcast - Yeah, it was out for a while and had since been shut down. But I bought a Dreamcast from a friend with 10 games about 3 years ago and it was a great investment. Can't believe I missed this system when it came out

I haven't bought a new-gen console but I don't really plan to because my roommate has both right now and my girlfriend has a Wii. No motivation.

ImageImage

UsaSatsui
Title: The White Rabbit
PostPosted: Sep 24 2008 10:25 am Reply with quote Back to top

Mine jumps around quite a bit:

NES - Genesis - NES (different one) - Intellivision - Playstation - Playstation 2 - Dreamcast - Playstation (again) - Gamecube - Genesis (again)- N64 - PS2.
Hacker
Banned
PostPosted: Sep 24 2008 10:53 am Reply with quote Back to top

ill post my age also

nes
my grandpa had one and so did my friends
6 or 7

n64
my parents got it when i was 7 i think

gameboy color
when i was 8 or 9

gameboy advance

gameboy advance sp
11 or 12

xbox

game cube

nintendo ds

new xbox

psp

ps2
my little bro got one

wii
my other little bro got one

and thats all i can remember

Kacen
PostPosted: Sep 24 2008 10:57 am Reply with quote Back to top

I don't remember the exact dates, but first system I got:

Sega Genesis, then Nintendo 64, then Gamecube in 2002 I believe?

In the 90's however I played Super Nintendo with my friend at his house a lot so I'm familiar with it despite having never owned it.

That's it. Ever since I got a new high-end PC, I'm sticking with it.

Sloop Up!™ for Mobile Sloops™ Weekdays at 4:00 PM!

King
Title: CTE
PostPosted: Sep 24 2008 11:04 am Reply with quote Back to top

Original Atari 2600 - It was my brother's who is 13 years older then I am.

Intellivision - Again from same brother, but he took it back then.

Newer Atari 2600 - I got it after the original died.

NES - Got it for easter of all Holidays, I think it was on sale.

Gameboy - I went through 3 of these, not that they went bad, but screens got broken.

SNES - A great christmas present.

PS1 - I needed something to play when layed up in my house for 5 months after my accident.

NES2 (Top Loader) - and it is an official one, got it 2 christmas's ago.

Wii - Last Birthday present, gotta love it.

DS - Last Christmas, was a great buy right after.

DoctorOrpheus
Title: Title: Title: Title
PostPosted: Sep 24 2008 11:16 am Reply with quote Back to top

hacker wrote:
n64
my parents got it when i was 7 i think

Damn. When I was 7 SNES was just being released.

ImageImage

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Sep 24 2008 11:34 am Reply with quote Back to top

Collecovision - Not sure, my parents had it as long as I could remember.
Intellivision - 1984ish
Intellivision II - 1986ish (To replace the 1st Intellivision that was dying and the controllers had bad buttons on them.)
Sega Master System - 1987/88ish, I wanted a NES, and got a SMS. (This continues...)
NES - 1989 - Parents finally gave in.
TG-16 - 1990ish - Wanted a Genesis.
Amiga CD32 1995/96 - Don't ask
Gameboy - 1995 - My mom bought one for Tetris. She eventually gave to me.
SNES - 1996 Bought my own when I was in highschool, mostly to ploay FF4.FF6, and Chrono Trigger.
PS1 - 1997, A house warming gift to myself, when I moved into my 1st apartment.
N64 - 1998, Bought one at a pawnshop for the THQ wrestling games mostly.
Dreamcast - Late 1999.
PS2 - 2000
Atari 2600, 5200, 7800 (Bought these between 2000 and 2005 while building my VG collection.)
GP2X - 2006
DS - 2007
PS3 - 2008

I may be forgetting a couple...
Ermac
Title: Thread Killer
PostPosted: Sep 24 2008 11:55 am Reply with quote Back to top

Knyte wrote:

Amiga CD32 1995/96 - Don't ask I may be forgetting a couple...

Sorry I had to ask, Where did you find one of those?
Dii Infer
Title: Boobie Engineer
PostPosted: Sep 24 2008 12:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

NES - Don't remember the year. My parents got it for me and my siblings sometime in the late 80's, I think.

Game Boy - Don't remember when we got this for sure either. It was somewhere between the time we got a NES and the SNES, I know that for sure. It might've been a Christmas present, but I don't remeber that either for sure. I do know, however, we only got the first Game Boy; we never got the newer ones.

SNES - Don't remember for sure either when we got this. It was a birthday present for my brother and sister (they're fraternal twins).

N64 - 1996, Christmas present.

GameCube - 2001, another Christmas present.

PS2 - 2003, bought with my own money.

Wii - 2007, my brother and I pitched in some money to buy it.

Mostly Nintendo consoles for me, but nothing wrong with that. B)

sig

GPFontaine
PostPosted: Sep 24 2008 12:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Atari 2600
NES
Apple IIe
PC - 386
SNES
Genesis
PC 200MHz Pentium MMX
PC 600MHz PIII
Notebook 2.4GHz P4m
PC 3.2GHz P4D
PC AMD 64 1800
2.2 GHz MacBook Pro
2.2 GHz Dell XPS 1330
PC 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo
GameCube
Wii
DS

I still currently use the AMD 64 as my primary machine and have the 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo sitting on a shelf. The AMD's processor is slower and video card is slower, but it is running XP and is a champ for everything I have thrown at it. I don't play very many computer games that are 100% new, so I'm satisfied for now.

Within a year I will build a new computer and push for something that can run Crysis. Sadly, I believe that PC gaming is going down a very dark path right now with very little hope.

P.S.

I want to see Sydlexia and Greeneyedzeke do this.

greeneyedzeke
PostPosted: Sep 24 2008 02:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, I'm going to try to get these in some order.

1. NES

My first system. I got it for my 7th birthday (back in '87). It came with the Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt combo cartridge and not long after that I got Mike Tyson's Punch Out. My social life died before it ever got a chance to begin. But fuck people. People suck.

2. Game and Watch: Zelda

I have compulsive tics sometimes.. blinking and whatnot. I distinctly remember my mom saying "I'll buy you this game if you promise not to blink anymore". Whatdya know? It worked... Oh, and Mr Game and Watch ROCKS YOUR ASS in Brawl.

3. Gameboy

Ahh, Christmas of '89. I got the Gameboy early in the evening (my family opens presents on Christmas Eve!) and then had to go to church. Seriously, I had to sit there and listen to the priest while visions of monochrome asskickery floated through my head. Jesus may have died for my sins, but MARIO HAD A FUCKING SUBMARINE!

4. SNES

I got this one Christmas of '91 alongside the packin (Mario World), and both Sim City and Pilotwings. Due to some promotional madness, Nintendo Power sent me the SMW strategy guide that summer and I spent MONTHS just looking at the cool shit 16-bit Mario could do. Man, if that kid could've seen "Galaxy"....

5. Sega Genesis

Like every good Middle/High schooler, I delved 100% into the format war by having both systems after initially swearing strict allegiance to the SNES. I mean, fuck, Blast Processing was a buzzword for pussies. Mode 7 was where it was at. My first game with this baby was Streets of Rage 2, a HELL of an introduction. I got the "Classic" design first but somewhere down the line traded up to the compact version that looked better coupling incestuously with the Sega CD 2.

6. Game Gear

This one was a birthday present, in either '92 or '93. My buddy had one and Sonic looked SO COOL harnessing the unfathomable power of six AA batteries.

7. Sega CD

A Christmas present in 1994. I got it right after the SCD2 redesign hit. The pack in was Sewer Shark. I also got the really terrible adaptation of "Bram Stoker's Dracula" that was all but unplayable. It had full-screen full motion video, though, and my young mind was very easily won over by smoke and mirrors.

Full motion video? I remember that. Remember all those Digital Pictures games like Night Trap and Ground Zero, Texas? Man, it'd be awesome if someone wrote about them. If only...

8. 3D0

The system launched at $700, but I didn't get it until the price drop to $400. The pack in was Crash N Burn but everyone knew that Road Rage was what really mattered. Also, I had more fun that I should admit with the Jurassic Park game. I originally got the Panasonic version but a warranty replacement transformed it into the Goldstar one later on.

9. Nintendo 64

Pre-Christmas '96. My Mom didn't make me wait for this one. Possibly the single best launch title experience I've ever had, barring the firs time I booted up the first Super Mario Bros.

9. Playstation

Oh god, I TRADED IN THE FUCKING N64 for this. Final Fantasy VII had a strong draw and my family had obviously had it up to HERE with buying gaming hardware. I don't regret having the system, but I TRADED IN THE FUCKING N64 for this.

10. Gameboy Color

The ban on buying hardware didn't last. I got this with Zelda DX for Christmas of '98, which seems totally bizarre to me since I was already in college and I feel like I was way younger when this happened.

11. Dreamcast

I didn't get a Dreamcast on 9/9/99. I was too busy that day watching NIN play the VMAs in the one place near my dorm that had MTV (a frat house). I actually picked the system up a year later. The Dreamcast gave me Shenmue and Shenmue II. I love the Dreamcast.

12. Playstation 2

I worked for Electronics Boutique at the time, so this one was easy to procure. Once I got SSX, people wouldn't leave my dorm room.

13. Gameboy Advance

I imported this one from Japan my junior year of college. Yeah, i wasn't going to wait for the fucking US release. I got F-Zero with it.

14. Atari Jaguar

I found one in a "classic" video game shop the summer leading up to my senior of college ('01). Fifty bucks netted me the system and "Alien Vs Predator".

15. Gamecube

Senior year of college. Lined up for a couple of hours outside of the local Toys R Us to get it. I had to race a pissed off looking Spanish dude into the electronics section, but no fight broke out. I grabbed the system, a memory card, Luigi's Mansion, WaveRace, and an extra "Spice" controller. I had a paper due the next day... Sad

16. XBox

I won't lie. My hatred of the XBox rivaled my much younger hatred of the Genesis back in the great early-90's system wars. I forget what finally pushed me over to the dark side, but hey... it wasn' t a bad system. Halo fucking sucks, though.

WAIT! I DO remember. I bought an X-Box because everyone kept saying Sega was going to continue the Shenmue series exclusively on the platform.

17. Gameboy Advance SP

My second import, in early '03. I got the purple one. Does that make me gay?

18. Nintendo DS

God, I was so excited for this system. I got it on launch day... and ignored it for almost a full year until both "Nintendogs" and "Advance Wars DS" came out. Since then it's been my favorite system, period.

19. 32x

As part of a failed web project, I picke dup the 32x to add to my Genesis/Sega CD combo. I heard it made certain full motion video games more palatable. I wonder if that's true. Why doesn't anyone ever write about them?

20. Sony PSP

Another launch-day system. It basically forced me to shelve my DS for awhile. WHO'S LAUGHING NOW, BITCH? Of course, all I want for XMas is a PSP! Boyeee.

21. I didn't get a 360 on its US launch date. $400 for a console is FUCKING STUPID, or so I thought. Anyway, I picked it up the January following the launch.

22. DS Lite

Take an awesome system and fix all the design flaws. What you end up with is sex in the palm of your hand. Actually, I end up with that a lot. God I'm lonely.

23. Wii

I didn't have to camp out for this, despite not preordering. Actually, a family friend was waiting out and his buddy was standing in line with him. A $50 tip can buy you a lot these days...

24. Neo Geo Pocket Color

I don't remember exactly WHEN I got this, but it was during some magical period when all the game stores had bundle packs of liquidated stock to just hand out for like $30. I got the system and like four games with it. It's a great little toy... I just wish it had a backlight.

25. Playstation 3

After swearing I'd never get one, I broke down and bought the fucking PS3. My stance on it hasn't changed much through ownership -- it's a great Bluray player with a mediocre gaming console attached. Wipeout HD hits this week, though. Smile

26. PSP Slim

After selling my first PSP due to complete lack of use (having a DS will that for you...) I got sucked in by the "thinner, lighter" hype and picked up the silver Daxter bundle for the PSP slim. And, yeah, it's a MUCH better system. Shame about the games, though...

27. PCs

Alas, I've had numerous PCs dating back to a 486-66 DX2 that some guy my uncle knew built for me. My current rig is a Core 2 Duo E6600 O/Ced to 3.4 GHz, with 4 gigs of PC800 RAM, dual 512 mb 8800 gt OCs running in SLI, and a ton of other crap that it gives me geek wood to just think about. Alas, none of that shit can run Crysis.

Seriously, fuck that game.

Phew.

I think that's everything.
Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: Sep 24 2008 02:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Shit, I forgot to mention Atari

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

Slayer1
Title: ,,!,, for you know who
PostPosted: Sep 24 2008 02:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Atari 2600- My parents figured it would be a good distraction for my older siblings as they took care of me.
NES Original- Cousin Gave it to us when he bought a Sega Genesis.
Gameboy- Won it with Kool-Aid points, along with Metroid 2 and Mario Brothers 2
Super NES- Christmas Present
First HP PC-Windows 3.11 is by far my favorite OS
Game Gear- To match up with my Cousin only he had the Genesis
N64- Because I was able to convince them that I needed more graphics, that and Goldeneye 64 looked awesome to a nine year old.
Computer Number two- E-Machines special, till it "broke"
Playstation- I'll admit it, I loved Metal Gear Solid, so I played the demo everytime I was at sears, and I made sure to buy the 4.99 jampack demo disk just to play the demo of it. Finally got it two years later (2000)
PS2- Crazy Taxi was the selling point but since it was a gift, I couldn't buy any games past T for a year. Thank god my friends gave me GTA3 to play when I was home alone.
PSOne- The smaller model, cause the old one met an unfourtunate end when I spilt fruit punch on it.
Computer Number Three- sister bought this one since the old one got cluttered with my dad's... uh... photo album
Gamecube- Luigi's Mansion and Metroid Prime seemed kid friendly enough
PSP- finally I bought it on my own and played the hell out of Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
PSP Slim- I kinda sat on it when I was at college last year
PS3- Worked my ass off to buy an 80 gig, but I never had enough so I just bought the 40 gig only to realize that I had no games for it. So what do I do? I trade in some of my PS2 games and bought MGS4.
My own PC- Brother gave it to me as a graduation present and I can play almost anything on it.

I think I got everything....
GPFontaine
PostPosted: Sep 24 2008 03:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

greeneyedzeke wrote:
7. Sega CD

A Christmas present in 1994. I got it right after the SCD2 redesign hit. The pack in was Sewer Shark. I also got the really terrible adaptation of "Bram Stoker's Dracula" that was all but unplayable. It had full-screen full motion video, though, and my young mind was very easily won over by smoke and mirrors.

Full motion video? I remember that. Remember all those Digital Pictures games like Night Trap and Ground Zero, Texas? Man, it'd be awesome if someone wrote about them. If only...

Funniest thing. I used to work with a guy who made a website about that stuff. He thought no one would be interested in it, so he deleted it. Then one day he made it again and wrote a lot. Then he thought no one liked it, so he deleted it again.

Guy was fucking crazy if you ask me. You should give him a call some time. I'll send you his number.

greeneyedzeke wrote:
22. DS Lite

Take an awesome system and fix all the design flaws. What you end up with is sex in the palm of your hand. Actually, I end up with that a lot. God I'm lonely.

Gah... that is why your fucking door was locked all the time. Gross.

greeneyedzeke wrote:
Phew.

I think that's everything.

You never made mention of the fact that you have owned like 6 Nintendo DS units... And I am sure you owned more things like game & watch.

Ky-Guy
Title: Obscure Nintendo Gamer
PostPosted: Sep 24 2008 03:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I probably won't remember the years very well, so I won't post them:

Atari 2600: This was actually my dad's. This was also the first video game system my family owned as well as the first system I played. Believe it or not, the first game I played was Pac-Man, which was notorious on the 2600.

Super Nintendo: My sister actually got this for her birthday when we were both little kids. I remember my dad coming home every day from work, kicking us off during a round of Super Mario Kart and playing Super Mario World. It's also the system that we got three of, as our first two consoles stopped working. It was even the reason that I bought the Wii in the first place.

Nintendo Game Boy: Not too long later, my sister and I each got a Game Boy during spring break. I don't remember which game my sister got, but I remember getting Mickey's Dangerous Chase. We also got some lights to put on top of them; after all, the Game Boys didn't get a lighted screen until the Game boy Advance SP (unless you count the Japan-exclusive Game Boy Light).

Sega Genesis: Oh, how I love that system. The first game I got with it was Sonic the Hedgehog 2, which is one of the best games for that system. I eventually got every Sonic game for that system, with the exception of Sonic CD and Knuckles' Chaotix (as I have neither the Sega CD or the 32X peripherals). I also love Comix Zone.

Sega Game Gear: I got the Game Gear about a year or two after I got the Genesis, as I wanted to take Sonic on the road and have a handheld with a lighted screen. The first game I got was Super Columns, but also got Sonic 2 and Battletoads that day. Despite the poor battery life, I still preferred it over the Game Boy until I got the Game Boy Advance SP.

Nintendo 64: I remember getting this for Christmas with Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64 and Goldeneye 007, all of which are amazing. I remember when I used to have my friends over to play battle mode on Mario Kart 64, where we would try to clear the center pit of the Skyscraper stage. Of course, my favorite game on that system would eventually become Super Smash Bros.

Game Boy Color: I got a year later because I wanted to play Pokemon. I really don't have much to say other than I got that game, because it was just another Game Boy without a lighted screen. To be fair, though, I loved Super Mario Bros. Deluxe and Pokemon Pinball.

Sony Playstation: I got this system not too long after getting the N64 and Game Boy Color. I got two demos with it, one of them being this random collection of games that included Crash Bandicoot and a video of Twisted Metal 2, and the other demo disc having Final Fantasy VII. I got Sled Storm (a really awesome snowmobiling game), Grudge Warriors (an obscure car battle game, which I strangely liked) and Spec-Ops (a pretty cool military game).

Nintendo Gamecube: I got this system because I wanted to play Super Smash Bros. Melee, but I grew to love some of the other titles for it as well. Among the games I got were Super Mario Sunshine, Mario Kart: Double Dash, Resident Evil 4 and Killer7, all of which I really loved. I also eventually got the Game Boy Player accessory when I had to buy a second Gamecube after my first one stopped working.

(Edit) Game Boy Advance SP: I forgot to throw this one in my original post. I got this handheld system because I wanted to have a Game Boy with a lighted screen. The first two games I got were GT Racing 2 and Frogger Adventures: The Temple of the Frog. I also got Mario Party Advance, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, Mario Kart: Super Circuit and Yoshi's Topsy-Turvy.

Microsoft XBOX: I asked for this system for my birthday for Halo, which I kind of liked, but to be honest, I never really wanted to get too many games for that system. I also bought Dance Dance Revolution: Ultramix not too long later, because I really wanted to have a home version of DDR. Another game I got was Halo 2. I might or might not get an XBOX 360, especially for Halo 3, Bioshock and Portal.

Nintendo DS: I honestly wanted this system because I liked (and still like) how you can play with it. This first game I got (other than the Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt demo card) was Super Mario 64 DS. Other games I got later on include Mario Kart DS, Metroid Prime Hunters, Brain Age, Yoshi's Island DS and Brain Age 2. I still play with my DS, but it's mostly with Brain Age 2.

Wii: I got this system on its launch day along with The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Red Steel as well as the included Wii Sports disc. To be honest, however, I mostly bought that system for the Virtual Console games, especially since at the time I got the Wii, none of our SNES systems were working. But I have to admit, I love Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, Super Mario Galaxy, Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario Kart Wii and Wii Fit (those aren't all of the games I got, but I wanted to point my favorites out).

Sega Saturn: As you may all have previously read, I bought a Sega Saturn from a used video game shop this recent summer, along with Nights into Dreams. I also got Clockwork Knight not too long later as well.

Syd Lexia wrote:
iPhone games are what you play when you can't get at actual games. You know, like how sometimes alcoholics drink mouthwash.

Lexiabot9000 wrote:
Your love life will be happy and harmonious if you stick to masturbating.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Mr. Bomberman
2009 Forum Champion
Title: (still) token black.
PostPosted: Sep 24 2008 04:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

NES. My cousin had one. Reason my username is Mr. Bomberman.

SNES. My dad already had this too, he bought it for himself, but let my sis have it. SMW and Pilotwings all day.

Genesis. Around late '94. My dad sure knew his gaming tastes, got me Sonic 3 and MK1. The day I locked myself in my room all day until I beat Sonic 3 = I knew I was a gamer.

Playstation: (early '96) My dad bought one with Ridge Racer (later Tekken), for himself once again. When he was gone, I played it a whole damn lot.

Game Gear ('96) My dad bought it for me for my birthday with the Sonic 2/Sonic Chaos bundle.

Saturn (around early '97) the most short lived system I ever had. Had only 2 games, this NFL game and Fighting Vipers.

Virtual Boy (my 7th birthday) I had Wario Land, Mario Clash and Tennis, which were good, but this was the worst thing my dad bought me.

N64 (Christmas '97) In addition to that Christmas being the best one I ever had in my entwire life, I opened the N64 box went fucking berserk. That night was spent playing Goldeneye and Bomberman 64 instead of playing with the awesome toys and Lego sets I got.

PC (early '9Cool I spent the night at a friends' and played Doom for the first time in my life.. It actually scared the fuck out of me.

My own PC (christmas '9Cool It was pretty weak, but it was good enough to run SimCity 2000, Streets of SimCity and Half -Life. Fun times creating cities with SCURK and destroying them in Streets.

GBC (Summer '99) I was down in North Carolina at my grandparents house with my sis and my 2 cousins, and my dad sent me and my sis one. I got Pokemon Blue, Link's Awakening DX, and SMBDX, along with a big ass pack of batteries to last us the entire summer. I remember it got so bad once that my grandparents took all 4 of our GBCs away 'cause ALL we were doing was sitting in the room playing and trading Pokemon, and if I was outside, I was sitting on the swing playing Zelda or Mario.

Neo Geo Pocket Color (January '00) I got this for just doing good in school. Got it stolen from me on the train a year later. I was in a funk that whole month.

Dreamcast (March '00) My mom just randomly asked me and sis if we wanted a Playstation (my dad took his by that time) or a Dreamcast. Obvious decision. Next day, it was right there, in the living room. All hooked up and everything. Jet Grind Radio.. greatest game ever.

GBA (Christmas Eve '01) my mom bought me and my sis one. I got Advance Wars and Megaman Battle Network, both awesome.

Xbox (my 12th birthday, June '02) Dreamcast was gone by then. The last home console my mom ever bought me. Got it with Amped, a fun snowboarding game. Played that all night and even fell asleep with it on and the controller in my hand.

PS2: My friend had one and Capcom vs. SNK 2. Fun times.

GBA SP: (Summer '03) I got it with Sonic Advance 2, and Jet Grind Radio.

DS: (Christmas '04) I bought it really early, and got SM64DS, Madden '05, and the Metroid Prime Hunters demo.

DS Lite: (March '06) Got the first one stolen from me, so I bought this. This is only console of any kind I own today.

And there's my current laptop, that I bought in January.

Since my mom has a "games r 4 kidz" mentality, and my dad doesn't care, I'm pretty much screwed until I get another job. I'm planning on getting a Wii and 360 though.

Xbox Live: HazNobody, pronounced "HAz". | Haven't went to IRC yet? Go! #sydlexia @ DALnet. | Y'all should play some Super Robot Wars J (hey that rhymes!) | yeah I'm back who gives a shit

greeneyedzeke
PostPosted: Sep 24 2008 04:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

GPFontaine wrote:
You never made mention of the fact that you have owned like 6 Nintendo DS units... And I am sure you owned more things like game & watch.

Only *four* DSes... Regular fat one, "Ice" blue Lite from Japan, red and black U.S. Lite, and the blue and black Lite with 1-UP mushrooms burned into it at the Nintendo World Store.

Sheesh.
GPFontaine
PostPosted: Sep 24 2008 04:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

greeneyedzeke wrote:
GPFontaine wrote:

Only *four* DSes... Regular fat one, "Ice" blue Lite from Japan, red and black U.S. Lite, and the blue and black Lite with 1-UP mushrooms burned into it at the Nintendo World Store.

Sheesh.

AND... I know you own more.

Stop pretending like you don't just slam them against walls and buy new ones.

docinsano
Title: Boner King
PostPosted: Sep 24 2008 05:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, lets see:
My brother got a NES for Xmas when SMB 3 came out. I think it was for the family though, even though he claimed it. I got Sky Shark, my bro got SMB3, and my other bro got Sesame street something or another.

My bro's and I saved up some $$ and bought a SNES. It was great. Probably 1993 when we got it. We got it when you could send in the UPC and get SMB All Stars.

The next four years were a bore. I bought lots of NES games because my older bro would hog the SNES. Later my younger bro and I bought a Dual Shock Playstation with Ridge Racer to start off with. Cool shit.

I then bought a NES from some stoner kid from high school. It was discolored so I painted it. It came with the RF cable two controllers, the gun, Metal Gear, Castlevania, RCProAm, and SMB 3. Got it for something like 15 bucks.

Around the time when the DC price dropped drastically and came with Sonic Adventure, Sonic Shuffle, and a VMU, my younger bro and I picked up a DC. I think it was 125 dollars for the set. Got NFL2K with it too.Best part of having a DC lies in the Utopia Boot Disc.

Then my younger bro and I got a PS2 for Xmas, I forget when, but it was before '03.

Bought a gameboy advance freshmen year and bought a few games, Including the Metroid games.

I then put a low ass bid on a Sega Master System freshmen year in college and won it off ebay. It was a good deal: two controllers, a joystick or two (i think?), and the light phaser. Eventually bought Double Dragon, Phantasy Star, Rocky, and Wonder Boy in Monster land.

I now am left with my NES, the PSX, the DC, the SMS, and the Game Boy Advance. I miss the PS2, but my bro took it to college with him. Dammit. Thinking about whether I should buy a new or used PS2.
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Sep 24 2008 06:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ermac wrote:
Knyte wrote:

Amiga CD32 1995/96 - Don't ask I may be forgetting a couple...

Sorry I had to ask, Where did you find one of those?

Pre-Ordered it. Along with Pirates! Gold & Defender Of The Crown 2 to play on it.

It was an awesome system, and still the best versions of those 2 games in existance. DOTK2 was pretty much just a remake of the original for Amiga, but played so much better and was absolutely gorgeous.

See my VGM article on it:
http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2389
Ba'al
Title: Zerg Zergling
PostPosted: Sep 24 2008 07:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Let's see....

1. NES AND SNES

I can't remember a time in the beginning when I only had one or the other....I just know my dad bought them when I was like three years old. Though the one I played first I believe was RC Pro-Am on NES, god I loved that game even if I sucked.

2. Sega Genesis

My grandma got this like about a year after I could remember the NES and SNES.

3. Game Boy

This randomly came by around the time I was able to play a Genesis, the only games I remember playing on it were Super Mario Land, Tetris, and Kix though....

4. Sega Saturn

My dad bought this when it first came out around 1996(Right year?). He also got some three-pack that had Daytona USA, Virtua Fighter 2, and Virtua Cop. All three of them I have fond memories of, especially VF2 which is what got me into fighting games with it's awesome animation and fighting mechanics.

5. Sony Playstation

We then got this randomly about a year after the Saturn came out, we only had the demo disk that came with it however. I remember REALLY wanting to play that "Awesome car game with the Tractor" which was actually Twisted Metal 2. So while people were busy gawking over FF7, I was busy blowing up cars in mah awesome "tractor"(Mr. Slamm). This system would also introduce me to perhaps my favorite platforming series of all time, Spyro the Dragon.

6. Nintendo 64

I got this for Christmas in 1998 I believe, Afterwards I then went nuts jumping around as Mario in a 3D setting.

7. Game Boy Color

Got this around the time after the N64's introduction from my grandma as a birthday gift. First game was Rampage: World Tour which was alright....but I later got Wario Land 3, and geez was I hooked.

8. Windows 98

Ok, so it's not really a gaming system, but I still played alot of classic RTS games on it, such as Starcraft, Warcraft II, Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2, Tiberian Sun, Total Annihilation, etc. I love you Windows 98.

9. Sony Playstation 2

Christmas present from 2002 I think...I know it was out for at least a year before I got it. It got three games with it that I wanted, Twisted Metal: Black, Dynasty Warriors 3, and Metal Gear Solid 2: SoL.

10. Gamecube and Game Boy Advance

To my surprise I got these BOTH on the same Christmas in 2003, I actually only asked for a GCN, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Smash Bros. Melee, and some other stuff.

11: Nintendo DS

I got a DS for Christmas on 2005 I believe. I got Warioware: Touched, Mario Kart DS, and some other game I can't remember right now...

12. Sony PSP

It wasn't until around 2006 that I would get my favorite handheld system ever with my work money. Damn I love this thing, it's awesomeness in one little system.

13. XBox 360

On 2006, I saved up some money and got a 360 around Christmas time. I pretty much completely skipped the original XBox.

14. Nintendo Wii

Around March-ish I searched high and low around my local mall for a Wii, and to my surprise SEARS had it in stock. So with glee I bought it along with Super Paper Mario and Warioware Wii.
ReeperTheSeeker
PostPosted: Sep 24 2008 10:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

NES . . . N64 . . . I gave my little cuz my game cube . . . and that is it. Unless my PC counts as a concule.

ImageImageImage
Links, pics, vids . . . I shall post these when given the chance
Transformers 2 Review: ". . . Did i mention SHIT BLOWS UP?!!!"

Burt Reynolds
Title: Bentley Bear
PostPosted: Sep 25 2008 02:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

No way i can remember the years, but it goes:
NES
Genesis
SNES
PS1
N64