[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Mick Foley to TNA!

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Sep 03 2008 06:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

In a statement from Foley's agency, the Gillespie Agency, they've announced that Foley has signed a short term deal with the company and will debut as soon as possible, most likely at a PPV.

Now yes, Mick Foley is past his prime. But like Sabu and Terry Funk, he's also a guy who's willing to get the absolute shit beaten out of him in the name of sports entertainment. But regardless, his agreement to sign with TNA is momumental. Foley is a guy whose childhood dream was to work for the WWF and who spent the last 12 years of his life promoting them whenever possible. He was the consummate company man. For him to walk out on Vince, who always would have found room for him somewhere, and sign with TNA is a huge deal.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Sep 03 2008 07:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Apparently, his and Vince's relationship went south rather quickly when Foley became the color commentary on Smackdown. Foley did not appriciate the things that Vince was screaming into his headset.
uncle joe
PostPosted: Sep 03 2008 07:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I think you're over playing the signing Lex. While I'm not a huge Foley fan, I can see the impact he's had but he's not going to do much for TNA.

MOGHARR
Title: The Original CandyWafer
PostPosted: Sep 03 2008 08:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

"Well I don`t judge most things by graphics, reality has amazing graphics, and I don`t like it, that`s why I play video games." Laminated Sky on Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Sep 03 2008 09:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

uncle joe wrote:
I think you're over playing the signing Lex. While I'm not a huge Foley fan, I can see the impact he's had but he's not going to do much for TNA.

He probably won't do much IN the company, but he'll do a lot FOR the company. He's a legend with a squeaky clean record and his jump will create good buzz.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Sep 03 2008 10:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hopefully, they'll use him better than they did Sting.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Sep 03 2008 10:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

They used Sting great for awhile and they're starting to use him again. The problem is that Dixie Carter considers Sting to be the biggest star in TNA, so she lets him do whatever he wants. That means no house shows, no international shows, and limited appearances at TV tapings. This makes it hard to book for him. His recent confrontation with AJ Styles and Samoa Joe has great potential though.
Reply to topic

Jump to: